Apocalypse Could hugh jackmans wolverine ever be replaced?

orig-21038850.jpg

Lots of bloody violence and swearing is "lighter"?

I know right makes very little sense to me. Fox isn't just going to recycle everything to make it like Deadpool. Some films could be like that but others aren't. Deadpool fit because it was indeed DEADPOOL spot on, the XMen still sell regardless. Also a lighter Wolverine? I can't that just dosent even fit with him he isn't Deadpool.

I know right makes very little sense to me. Fox isn't just going to recycle everything to make it like Deadpool. Some films could be like that but others aren't. Deadpool fit because it was indeed DEADPOOL spot on, the XMen still sell regardless. Also a lighter Wolverine? I can't that just dosent even fit with him he isn't Deadpool.

Exactly. First Class, The Wolverine and Deadpool all tonally feel different. We have 60's spy throwbacks, a Ninja noir and phantom of the opera with guns by way of Caddyshack haha. It's giving the X-Men franchise variety which is what it needed. New Mutants and X-Force should be different as well. What's the point if they all feel the same?

It's not like Jubilee, Quicksilver, Nightcrawler and Beast are 100% serious with purely dark personalities. The X-Men films are now full of different personalities. Some that are far more serious then others like Wolverine, and some that are pretty much written specifically for comic relief like Quicksilver. If they all acted the same **** would be boring. The contrast when interacting is what makes things fun. That's why Cable and Deadpool have always been popular together. They are complete opposites, and that causes conflict.

Ultimately audiences go to these films for fun. What's cool now is that Fox has characters within multiple properties that fans are hoping to see crossover with each other. Because that offers potential for some different interaction. Obviously people want to see Wolverine vs Deadpool but just that little vid Munn put up got people excited to see her with Deadpool as well. NTW is now in demand for New Mutants. How crazy is that? A bottom barrel character is now a top choice.

Last edited:
People who think X-Men can't survive without Logan can't really be X-Men fans imo

Marvels given FoX multiple comic ideas to exploit.

FoX has so much ammo they're wasting

First homosexual hero (Northstar)

8 of top 10 Marvel females are women! **** these stupid female solo films throw down the gauntlet do a X-Women film with a minority team leader

X-Babes18.jpg

Deadpool vs Gambit

DeadpoolVsGambit.jpg

Deadpool & Cable

DPandCABLEsplitsec.0.jpg

All New & All Different Wolverine

latest

Very important to get a girl in as a major recast before Disney does it first (ex. Thor)

Last edited:
It can clearly survive without him. But the dudes popular. It's what happens when pretty much every movie, cartoon and comic have marketed him as lead of X-Men. Until someone else who is a team X-Men member (not Deadpool) steps up, Logan will remain lead of the franchise.

And yeah, X-23 and other female X-Men obviously need to be in the spotlight more.

Last edited:
wolverine is most popular X-Men character.was long before hugh jackman played
wolverine.

tunring establishment characters into females is just stupid.

most of jackman's time as wolverine has beene rased already.

wolverine.

Maybe but they won't be doing another wolverine in japan story again any time soon

I'm really interested in how the Old Man Logan storyline will pan out. It'll definitely be vastly different.

wolverine.

There's nothing wrong with a female character potentially taking over the mantlel of a character. The comics have tons of those and it will only be a matter of time before that happens on screen. There's enough of that in Spider-Man, Thor, X-Men, Batman, Ghost Rider etc to guarantee it.

What matters is that it's a well executed decision and not just to cause attention. They don't even need to fully take over for said characters like say Supergirl, Batgirl or X-23 (until recently) hadn't.

Last edited:
^ It was stupid for Thor. Thor is a mythological character who was just never female. However, for other characters like Wolverine, it just happens to be someone with the same abilities who can be more of a successor (or sidekick) rather than the same character.

:huh:

Jason Aarons Thor is great. Have you read that book? Most fans and critics actually really love it. Odinson is till around. It's just that someone else (Jane) grabbed Mjolnir.

Last edited:
I don't read many comics, so I apologize if I'm sticking my foot in my mouth for the nth time here :-)S)But Thor is an actual Norse god here. To reassign his gender is to really throw a big f-bomb on the male dominance our world was built upon. I guess part of me wants to resist that.

But, anyway, if that's well-received, then I don't see why She-Wolverine won't be (Shakira, anyone?). They should test her out and then put her against She-Magneto (Polaris).

It's how it's all executed. Jason Aaron is an excellent writer and one of the best in the biz. His Thor run prior to Jane Foster adopting the name is great as well.

X-23 is a major fan favorite. She's had more solo books then a majority of X-Men. I have no doubt that when she is brought to screen she will be very popular with audiences given she gets good treatment. When she takes over the Wolverine mantle in the comics there's a lead up to that based on history and a relationship to Logan. It's a result of Logan dying. Without that build there's no reason for her to take the name "Wolverine". That's a new thing.

I'd prefer to see both on screen since without Logan Laura would just not exist. One clearly has to do with the other, and the realization of finding Logan should be developed imo. I don't see how they could even transition her to the actual "Wolverine" title unless that's heavily focused on in Wolverine 3. Nor do I think it really should. The films just don't reflect the comics history enough at this point to even consider it outside a Deadpool joke.

Last edited:
Definitely. Keeping Jackman and having him train X-23 would be sweet. But they shouldn't recast until it's reboot time. (We need X5 !!!)

I could see them giving Wolverine the classic costume to make Jackman look younger or even doing a CGI (like they did Colossus) and have Jackman voice over, if age is an issue. But don't replace yet!

Or he could just keep his shirt on? Lol :oldrazz:

I really do wonder if we need a Wolverine 3 with an Old Man Logan (in name only) storyline.

Far better to do something with more of the original cast set in the future. Or not bother at all. More people turned out for Deadpool than for anything Jackman has headlined as Wolverine.

Neither of the Wolverine movies so far has really got it totally right, though Mangold did a very good job and a far better better job than Origins. Why keep trying again and again with the character? It feels like flogging a dead horse.

I really do wonder if we need a Wolverine 3 with an Old Man Logan (in name only) storyline.

Far better to do something with more of the original cast set in the future. Or not bother at all. More people turned out for Deadpool than for anything Jackman has headlined as Wolverine.

Neither of the Wolverine movies so far has really got it totally right, though Mangold did a very good job and a far better better job than Origins. Why keep trying again and again with the character? It feels like flogging a dead horse.

I really question what's the point of old man logan.it just seems like vanity project for jackman even more than Gambit for tatum.If jackman wants to leave why not just make DOFP his last film.that why his last film allows him to reunite with original cast and go out on high note.That way fox can just recast wolverine in a few years with wolverine meeting cast in late 1980's or early 1990's.

I am of mind apart from japanese saga i don't really see point In solo wolverine films.Wolverine is better with the X-Men.Box office backs that up.

Regardless I feel it's only matter of time before jackman Is replaced as wolverine.

Old man logan is pretty much ilrelvent to rest of films In X-Men shared universe.

However, you could also argue there is still room for someone else to play character and maybe, just maybe do it even better.

Maybe there are other aspects of the Wolverine mythos another actor can nail down or depict. Maybe in the future another filmmaker and actor will showcase a more traditional Wolverine. Like maybe next time, Wolverine will be a shorter, stockier dude and he will get to wear a more traditional costume, with the mask. I don't want to be like Herr Logan and be all like "ARGGH! NO MASK! NO COSTUME! NO SHORT WOLVERINE! THIS SUCKS! GET JOE ROGAN!" Yeah Joe Rogan was never going to play Wolverine.

My favorite James Bonds used to be Sean Connery and Timothy Dalton, until I saw Daniel Craig. The previous Bond actors did good jobs to varying degrees, but I enjoyed Craig because he seemed to most resemble the character depicted in Fleming's books, which I also enjoyed.

If he could somehow work around his accent, Javier Bardem would be an awesome Logan:

javier-bardem.jpg

Tom Hardy, Scott Caan, Aaron Paul and Kit Harrington all seem like good choices.

It's going to be jarring after one guy has portrayed the character for over a decade.

But it can work. Ironically they can probably make it work easier if the new guy gets the comic costume. In the end have had a lot of people voice Wolverine over the years and I was fine with that.

And certainly they can do more with X-23. Not a huge fan of mantel passing (just make a new name, it's a new character), but a kind of parent to child thing can certainly work.

Yes of course he could - and will - be replaced.

Jackman has done well with his Wolverine. But the portrayal has always seemed a bit flat to me. Despite everything that Wolverine has been through, he doesn't have much dimension on screen, they/he chose to make him a 'strong and silent' Clint Eastwood handsome/rugged leading man.

I'd like to see a hot young muscle guy in the role, with LOADS more personality.

Jackman could be replaced but i don't think they plan on doing so anytime soon and by that time they do half these actors mentioned probably won't be in mind lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"