Could Parasite work as a stand alone villain?

Well then don't the origin and just start ther movie with Superman moving

The problem is you can't use someone like Brainiac in the first movie, he's too great a threat. You have raise the stakes for every movie, so going from a massive threat like Brainiac in the first movie to a street level villain in the second doesn;t work.

Brainiac and especially Darkseid should be in a sequel. So that only leaves one villain who can move the story forward, Lex Luthor.

Its just easier to do Lex in the first movie, alien invasion story lines should be saved for a second movie, one where you don't have to introduce all the characters and can focus just on that.

Plus we have never seen a Post Crisis version of Lex Luthor on screen, I would like to see that.
I agree. Lex will be in it so they might as well make Lex post crisis. I never want to see real estate Lex again, EVER!!

How would Morgan Edge be anything besides a poor man's Luthor?
I'd like to see Morgan Edge. He could and would be a rival of Lex. Cast powers booth as Edge.

You make Morgan Edge the head of a criminal organization intergang with it's connections through out the world. He's an international criminal as opposed to a wealthy buisnessman . You have Superman go up against an organization with ultimately creates Metallo , there you're doing something a bit different then having Lex be behind everything all the time.

You need to have some villans in their own right without Lex pulling the strings imo. Besides if it's a reboot it'd be better to work up to Lex as the Baddie as opposed to using him straight outta the gate or have him as an emerging threat.

That still seems pretty close to Lex's M.O and frankly Morgan Edge is less interesting then Lex.

Edge is sort of like Lex Luthor, with a few major, and important differences. That's why you have to give it a "twist" of sorts. Heh heh heh.

Real Estate Lex isn't Pre-Crisis. Pre-Crisis, Luthor was more or less a mad scientist. Real Estate Lex is sort of the bridge between Pre-Crisis and Post-Crisis in my mind.

That still seems pretty close to Lex's M.O and frankly Morgan Edge is less interesting then Lex.

He's no Lex luthor to be sure but even Lex has been overused. He's been the villan of 4 of the five Superman films. I like Lex too, but the same way you can't have the Joker be a villan in every Batman film , You shouldn't use Lex as the Baddie everytime it gets tired.

It's time to let another villan take the stage. Plus if it's a reboot there's no reason Lex has to be the first guy he faces. I'd like to see Lex be built up as an emerging threat as opposed to using him right off the bat.

one thing I would change is Parasite's appearance. does he have to be purple? and that white harness of his has to make sense as to how it gets on him and why he has it unlike in S:TAS where Rudy gets the gunk on him and the white harness comes out of nowhere.

one thing I would change is Parasite's appearance. does he have to be purple?
Kind of, yeah. It's how he's looked since the 60's. Why change it for a movie? Superman fights monsters and aliens, so there's no reason why the Parasite shouldn't look the part. The Hulk is green, Ra's Al Ghul has wacky facial hair, and the Parasite is purple. That's just the way they are, and, out of context, all those examples can easily be pretty laughable in appearance, but I think it depends entirely on how the character is written and how the actor carries himself. I mean, despite being green, the big fight at the end of The Incredible Hulk was intense as hell and nobody was questioning the color of the Hulk's skin.

If Rudy is just standing there, full of himself but not really doing anything to paint himself in a threatening light, like this:

thegang8bk.jpg

...then I can see how people on the streets of Metropolis wouldn't take him seriously (until he kills them, of course).

But if we see him in sinister contexts, like these...

zap6qj.jpg
...then I don't see how his purple skin would be a problem. It's one of the main things that the Parasite is known for. No need to change it. Ask anyone who he is, and the barest description you'll likely get is "he's the big purple guy who drains Superman's powers." DC tried changing his color to green in the 80's, and it didn't go over too well, so they changed him back to purple before too long.
and that white harness of his has to make sense as to how it gets on him and why he has it unlike in S:TAS where Rudy gets the gunk on him and the white harness comes out of nowhere.
Unlike the purple skin, Rudy doesn't need the white stripes to be recognizable. He's had a number of different looks over the years, so there's no need to adhere to a single one, or why they shouldn't feel free to take some liberties. Maybe just give him some green camouflage pants or something like that.

also if kryptonite is not introduced before Parasite makes an appearance and there are no other villains anywhere except him then i guess Superman will have to push himself to the limit to take Parasite done. this kind of final battle could foreshadow the Superman-Doomsday battle. The power Superman will have to have to take down Parasite using his superpowers foreshadowing the power Doomsday will encompass and the limits Superman will have to go to now foreshadowing how far he'll to go and further to take down Doomsday.

He's no Lex luthor to be sure but even Lex has been overused. He's been the villan of 4 of the five Superman films. I like Lex too, but the same way you can't have the Joker be a villan in every Batman film , You shouldn't use Lex as the Baddie everytime it gets tired.

It's time to let another villan take the stage. Plus if it's a reboot there's no reason Lex has to be the first guy he faces. I'd like to see Lex be built up as an emerging threat as opposed to using him right off the bat.

Except how would story with Morgan Edge be different then a story with Lex?
You haven't described how they are different, because a gangster and corporate criminal tend to cover a lot of same turf, a lot gangsters pretend to be legit business men. So how is Edge different from Lex?

The story you described is Edge has an powerful organization and creates a super villain like Metallo or Parasite, that's what Lex does.

So what would Lex do in a sequel, the same thing?

Morgan Edge would steal Lex's thunder and frankly he isn't a very compelling character, he's pretty generic. Unlike Lex, he has no personal grudge against superman, so it doesn't seem like there would be hero/villain chemistry between Superman and Edge. He's just a kinda of dull character. How great Morgan Edge stories have there been, because I think of tons of great Lex Luthor stories.

How is Morgan Edge any different from Ross Weber who everyone called the poor man's Lex Luthor? If you are going to have someone besides Lex as the main villain, you should have someone besides a Lex knock off like Morgan Edge.

Lex doesn't have to appear in every film, in the sequel with Brainiac he doesn't have to appear, but he does have to appear in the first movie where he establishes his relationships with everyone in Metropolis. Frankly the Lex vs. Superman rivalry is far more important to the Superman mythos then every story that featured Morgan edge.

also if kryptonite is not introduced before Parasite makes an appearance and there are no other villains anywhere except him then i guess Superman will have to push himself to the limit to take Parasite done. this kind of final battle could foreshadow the Superman-Doomsday battle. The power Superman will have to have to take down Parasite using his superpowers foreshadowing the power Doomsday will encompass and the limits Superman will have to go to now foreshadowing how far he'll to go and further to take down Doomsday.

Except what's the plot of the movie? How is a Parasite vs. superman fight supposed to carry the whole movie?

My feeling is that if Brainiac were the main villain, the public would have at least heard of him before. Parasite not so much.
I'm not saying I would be against Parasite, I just think the reboot will need every chance it can get to succeed so it can have a sequel. If this rebooted Superman film does less than they hoped it would, then that will mean the end of superman films for a long, long, time imo.
It will need a top notch cast, a compelling villain(s), and one helluva story. It will need a villain that can threaten not only metropolis, but also the entire world.
I say Brainiac can fill that need nicely.

My feeling is that if Brainiac were the main villain, the public would have at least heard of him before. Parasite not so much.
I'm not saying I would be against Parasite, I just think the reboot will need every chance it can get to succeed so it can have a sequel. If this rebooted Superman film does less than they hoped it would, then that will mean the end of superman films for a long, long, time imo.
It will need a top notch cast, a compelling villain(s), and one helluva story. It will need a villain that can threaten not only metropolis, but also the entire world.
I say Brainiac can fill that need nicely.

Except you can't do Brainiac in the first movie of reboot, because if Brainiac where the main villain and you have an alien invasion story that threatens the whole Earth, how are you supposed to top that in a sequel, fighting street level villains like Parasite will seem like a let down compared to that.

You have save Brainiac for a sequel for that reason, plus reintroducing all the characters and having an epic alien invasion story would make the film too busy.

The whole purpose is to get a sequel right? Well Brainiac will give you more bang for your buck. You can top him by having Darkseid in a sequel. Hell, tie the two villains togeather.
Have Brainiac sent secretely by Darkseid in the first film to test the Earth's defenses.
After Superman defeats Brainiac he discovers who sent him, a much bigger threat, Darkseid.
A good writer worth his salt can figure out how to do it.

The whole purpose is to get a sequel right? Well Brainiac will give you more bang for your buck. You can top him by having Darkseid in a sequel. Hell, tie the two villains togeather.
Have Brainiac sent secretely by Darkseid in the first film to test the Earth's defenses.
After Superman defeats Brainiac he discovers who sent him, a much bigger threat, Darkseid.
A good writer worth his salt can figure out how to do it.

But that's another alien story, which would seem redundant after the brainiac movie. Plus shouldn't Darkseid be saved for a Justice League movie? Also you haven't answered my question, how can you do a film that reintroduces the characters and has an epic alien invasion without becoming too busy?

Plus if Superman is always fighting alien threats, where do you get the chance to introduce more down to earth like Lex Luthor, Parasite and Metallo?

The first film should be to down Earth, spend time reintroducing the characters and establish the dynamic between Lois and Clark as well as Lex and superman.

The fact is Lex is by far the most popular villain Superman has, far more popular then Brainiac, so really in terms of audience recognition lex gets more "bang for your buck" then Brainiac.

Plus its not like Lex would be only the villain in the movie, you can have a introduce a villain that hasn't been seen on the Silver Screen before, like Parasite and Metallo.

I don't you get what is needed to make a successful film franchise, my way gives a chance to introduce more Superman villains then your plan and it builds up the suspense from film to film, instead of just having the having the suspense with no build up, plus my way has first film is that is far less busy.

Plus we have never a competent Post Crisis version of Lex Luthor on the screen, we always get the Lex who is a campy clown obsessed with real estate. Introducing post crisis Lex is practically introducing a new character.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but we got the ''down to earth story'' in SR. IMo if they dont try to really go big this time, it wont do well. Again, thats just my opinion.
People are tired of Lex being the main villain. Most here want Brainiac, with Lex in a secondary role.

As for as reintroducing the characters, i'd wager just about everyone and their brother knows who Superman, Lois, smallville, Krypton, the Daily Planet, and Lex are.....

I'm sorry but we got the ''down to earth story'' in SR. IMo if they dont try to really go big this time, it wont do well. Again, thats just my opinion.
People are tired of Lex being the main villain. Most here want Brainiac, with Lex in a secondary role.

As for as reintroducing the characters, i'd wager just about everyone and their brother knows who Superman, Lois, smallville, Krypton, the Daily Planet, and Lex are.....

We got a down to Earth story that sucked in SR and it wasn't that down to Earth considering Lex had silly, over the top scheme that would be too campy for a Sat morning cartoon show.

So yeah, a competent corporate Lex would be something new and yes for the films to work, you have to reestablish the relationships between the characters, you can't just start the movie with them having coffee, how are supposed to understand the dynamics between the characters with no introduction for these characters, its bad story telling and relying on a bad TV show to introduce these characters is silly.

The fact you are ignoring is you have raise the stakes with a sequel, so starting off an epic alien story leaves you no where to go. You don't think you understand what you need to create a successful film franchise.

Parasite could work as a stand alone villain, especially if it shows a weakened Superman outsmarting/ outfighting him. You could have Rudy going around, sucking the life force out of people just to get whatever maguffin knoweledge the movie requires.

Parasite could work as a stand alone villain, especially if it shows a weakened Superman outsmarting/ outfighting him. You could have Rudy going around, sucking the life force out of people just to get whatever maguffin knoweledge the movie requires.

But what would overall plot of the movie?

Plus Parasite is thug in the comics, are you going to completely change his personality for the movie?

About Morgan Edge....

Well, in this fanboys mind, Lex Luthor should not be used in the new origin film, whenever it is made. LexCorp should be mentioned, as well as Lex, but never seen in the first film.

I've mentioned on several occasions that I would have either Braniac or Eradicator as the sole villian in the new Superman origin film, two villians that wouldn't take much attention away from the story being centered around Clark Kent becoming Superman and the world's reaction to the Man of Steel. Both Braniac or Eradicator would help play up the Earth-Krypton aspect of our hero.

With that said, Morgan Edge could be in the origin film in a similiar fashion to Carmine Falcone in Batman Begins. Edge could be the villian Superman takes down in his world debut, if you will.

well i personally would like to see a little of lex but yea dont make him be the main villain but the one pulling all the strings on all the criminal activities in the city and who ever is the villain/villains.

About Morgan Edge....

Well, in this fanboys mind, Lex Luthor should not be used in the new origin film, whenever it is made. LexCorp should be mentioned, as well as Lex, but never seen in the first film.

I've mentioned on several occasions that I would have either Braniac or Eradicator as the sole villian in the new Superman origin film, two villians that wouldn't take much attention away from the story being centered around Clark Kent becoming Superman and the world's reaction to the Man of Steel. Both Braniac or Eradicator would help play up the Earth-Krypton aspect of our hero.

With that said, Morgan Edge could be in the origin film in a similiar fashion to Carmine Falcone in Batman Begins. Edge could be the villian Superman takes down in his world debut, if you will.

I think it would be cool if they did this. Have brainiac as the first villain and mention lexcorp. At the end of the film when brainiac is defeated have his body recoverd by lexcorp and do a scene like in begins where the joker card is shown. This could build up hype for the next film. Using Brainiac technology could also explain how he developed villains like metallo or parasite if you want to ground the movie a bit.

well they could always make sorta mysterious like at the start of lois and clark show were he didnt really give public interviews or was out in the public much. But he has his hands in all the nasty stuff going around. So we see him in a few scenes to build up his new characterization and all that. But leave him to being more of a threat to superman in second/3rd films. But dont drop him out entirely in my mind.

I think it would be cool if they did this. Have brainiac as the first villain and mention lexcorp. At the end of the film when brainiac is defeated have his body recoverd by lexcorp and do a scene like in begins where the joker card is shown. This could build up hype for the next film. Using Brainiac technology could also explain how he developed villains like metallo or parasite if you want to ground the movie a bit.

I am in complete and utter agreement with you. I've wanted what you just described to happen for years now.

One of the last scenes in the new origin film would be of Braniacs body/ship/tech being loaded into a huge truck, and after the door shuts and the truck starts driving away, you see "LexCorp" on the side. And then Lex creates Metallo from Braniac's technology in the sequel as a villian for Superman to face off with why Lex begins his political aspirations.

I am in complete and utter agreement with you. I've wanted what you just described to happen for years now.

One of the last scenes in the new origin film would be of Braniacs body/ship/tech being loaded into a huge truck, and after the door shuts and the truck starts driving away, you see "LexCorp" on the side. And then Lex creates Metallo from Braniac's technology in the sequel as a villian for Superman to face off with why Lex begins his political aspirations.

I'm glad you agree, obviously it could be done anyway but thats what I would really like to see. In a perfect world where SR didnt use lex luthor I would have liked to have him in the origin film, but lex is a character that if written properly, can be as great of a villain as the joker, he just needs a rest for now.

Honestly its not that hard to come up with a kick ass trilogy, superman has the villains, he just needs someone with common sense to create this type of story.

i dont really think using a villian who takes superman power away is the best way to go. people have been complaining that we havent seen him fight toe to toe with someone as strong as him, and parasite would just power him down, and then AGAIN we wouldnt be able to see the power superman is cpable of

If Brainiac is the main villain for the first movie, how are you supposed to raise the stakes for the second movie?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"