Could Parasite work as a stand alone villain?

I think Parasite and Metallo should be hired muscle for Luthor when Superman first arrives.

something2ju.jpg
What Comic is this from?

I've recently had a change of heart regarding my choice for villian in a new origin flick. For the longest time I've wanted Braniac, but I've really gotten to the point of wanting The Eradicator. I think Eradicator could do the same thing for a Superman origin movie that Ra's did for Batman Begins.

You mean have the story show that Eradicator was Brainiac all alone? :oldrazz:

But I kinda like the idea of having both of them onscreen with how they're both connected to Krypton. Plus, aren't they both some kind of artificial beings on Krypton? I know many stories portrayed Brainiac as some kind of A.I. though.

parasite and metallo could be a great phsyical combo grouping.

This has been discussed many times on the forum.

He would work as a side villain, but not a main one.

Thanks

Are you talking about Parasite or my idea for Eradicator as the origin villian?

parasite and metallo could be a great phsyical combo grouping.

Could even lead to a cool story element where they both end up defeating each other by accident when they try to tag team Superman.

Parasite also gains the weakness to Kryptonite, and the whole plan goes fubar, allows superman to win.

oh yea totally that would be a cool thing to see.

You mean have the story show that Eradicator was Brainiac all alone? :oldrazz:

But I kinda like the idea of having both of them onscreen with how they're both connected to Krypton. Plus, aren't they both some kind of artificial beings on Krypton? I know many stories portrayed Brainiac as some kind of A.I. though.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eradicator_(comics)

Other than the TAS kryptonian Braniac, I've always found The Eradicator to be a superior villian because the character ties into Superman's kryptonian heritage so deeply, which is what makes me want Eradicator as the sole origin film villian.

Last edited:
well they could mix him with brainiac like STAS did sorta.

well they could mix him with brainiac like STAS did sorta.

If The Eradicator was used as the Kryptonian A.I. villian in an origin film, that would leave open the option of having the green skinned, non-Kryptonian Braniac show up later in the franchise, and I figure this would please all fans.

Yes, thats right pre-crisis fans, I've had an epiphany that I should care about how you feel as well, although you do have 5 films of your favorite version, FYI. And need I remind you that I actually said something nice about Routh a few days ago, that at this point I'd rather have Routh back than see Tom Welling suit up.

could parasite do more to superman knowing his secret identity than manchester black did?

well i would be down with eradicator and either kryptonian/colu brianiac showing up.

also the purple stuff that turns Rudy into the Parasite could have some connection with Brainiac or the Phantom Zone or something Superman has collected in the Fortress of Solitude.

nah i rather it just be some random chemical compound.

Yeah, not every villain's origin needs to be tied into Lex, Brainiac, Darkseid, or some other big bad (although Darkseid was kind of involved in the Parasite's post-crisis origin, it wasn't really needed at all. He just nudged events into motion). Sometimes random s**t just happens and turns dudes into supervillains.

yea i dont see why certain guys would need to be changed to much a simple accident could change a guy so much. Just look at a variety of guys for other heroes. Look at spider-man alot of his foes came to be by various forms of accidents.

the parasite can destroy the donner-esque fortress of solitude implying to the audience that the new movie is not keeping the look of the old superman movies.

with parasite you could show superman's origin story when he lands on earth and onward by having the parasite go through superman's memories. his origin story can be told if the parasite touches martha or johnathan kent too.

with parasite you could show superman's origin story when he lands on earth and onward by having the parasite go through superman's memories. his origin story can be told if the parasite touches martha or johnathan kent too.
There's a neat idea. I could see that working, just to give a brief recap or whatnot, without slowing the movie down.

that is a good idea. But i still as i said rather if/when we are getting a new film series start. We should have the whole origins shown to us. I like the idea of parasite taking his memories too. They have done that with some takes of the character right? But i rather that be shown after we have already known the history. So we are like oh its that memory or that memory he gained.

Its a good idea, but i prefer an origin movie. I think that some are missing the point of an origin movie. It is not (only) to show krypton explode and baby Kal-el be find by Kents.

The point is to show Clark Jorney from the last survivor for a dead planet to the greatest hero of Earth.

How he came to be Superman? Why? What drives him to help ppl who needs? How he decided to movi to Metropolis? How he got the job as Daily Planet reporter? Why a reporter? Why does Clark fall in love with Lois? What does she has that is so special to him? Why he uses a blue/red costume with a cape? Why Lex Luthor is so important, and how he work as opposite to everything Superman believes? And so on..

This is why we need an origin movie.

Last edited:
I fail to see why the film needs to be an actual origin movie to reveal those elements.

I fail to see why the film needs to be an actual origin movie to reveal those elements.
Indeed. Clark can already be established as a hero, and he can simply reflect on those elements over the course of the film. It doesn't have to be an origin movie for us to see some of that.

yes, the parasite isn't a threat to the whole world like brainiac or darkseid but he can be a threat (and yes this will probably sound cheesy) to all the things that mean the world to Superman/Clark Kent like his family, friends and his identity.
i wouldn't like to see the parasite end up like he did in the Justice League cartoon where he just steals powers and uses them against the heroes.
i think with the parasite's powers he can become an interesting main villain its just rudy hold him down so to speak. the parasite could destroy the fortress of solitude using superman's powers or become a manipulator of the information he gains from people's memories just to name a few things but we wouldn't see that because its not something rudy would do as the parasite. to fix this there can be someone like Earl Garver in S:TAS who can take over as the parasite and do more evil than Rudy ever would.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"