Rogue One Could Star Wars fatigue become a thing?

'Fatigue' is the PC term for having made a Bad Film. Critics can't really come out and say you **** the bed unless its like Plan 9 from Outer Space bad. So they site 'fatigue'... which means you made a bad film along with the hopes you'll stop making this type of film.

We got this after Age of Ultron, which was a pain and a half to sit through. Now after A3/BP/Thor:R/Spider-man:H/CA:Civil War, guess what.. its all sunshine and pumpernickel. Amazing what putting out great films does for a brand.

And its amazing what putting out bad films does for a brand. People start talking about fatigue! LOLOLOL.

Yeah, I didn't expect it happen this quickly. I guess IX will tell us if Solo's box office is an outlier or the new normal.

Depends on if 9 is well-received and any good or not. The best way to combat the 'fatigue' that comes from having made a bad film, is to make great ones.

But one thing is certain. The days of $200+ mil OW's are over. Episode 9 is likely starting at a $150 mil max OW. There is a fair amount of the audience that will sit out OW and wait for spoilers, just to make sure they haven't tanked another Saga film. But then, that's what comes with the Major Brand Damage 8 caused.

Nobody trusts them anymore to deliver a great, or even good, movie.

Last edited:
After the prequels and the hatred they endured, I will never buy into the idea that those days of a $200+ million weekend can never be achieved again.

:whatever:

Get some air. Seriously.

Lol... no need. :gngl:

And you know i'm right. They put out a bad film and out pops the 'fatigue' line.

Transformers 5 takes a dump in the bed. All of a sudden there is a 'fatigue'.
POTC 5 takes a dump in the bed. All of a sudden there is a 'fatigue'.
Solo puts out a decent movie, while TLJ took a dump in the bed. We start talking 'fatigue'.

If Solo had made a billion plus, nobody would be talking about fatigue.
If TLJ had made $1.7b-$2b+, nobody would be talking about fatigue.

But TLJ was off 40% and Solo was off so much I won't even quantify it. So we talk about fatigue.

Lets talk about making great movies that are well-received, and guess what, nobody will talk about fatigue. :cwink:

Lol... no need. :gngl:

And you know i'm right. They put out a bad film and out pops the 'fatigue' line.

What are you talking about?

I started this thread back in Jan of 2017, post-Rogue One, which by critical, commercial, and public sentiment standards is a good and successful film. Fatigue had nothing to do with how good the films were, so yeah, get some air. :cwink:

What are you talking about?

I started this thread back in Jan of 2017, post-Rogue One, which by critical, commercial, and public sentiment standards is a good and successful film. Fatigue had nothing to do with how good the films were, so yeah, get some air. :cwink:

Well then it was prescient, as people have very much been talking up the fatigue stuff to explain away TLJ and Solo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"