Homecoming Could the Mixed reaction from The Amazing Spider-man 2 be a blessing in disguise?

Whatever the reaction is it won't fix my problem I have with Marc Webb: the lack of lenghty action/fight scenes. How could you not give us that when you have THREE fricken villains argh!

I think people didn't understand my point sometimes when a film is so epic it's hard to top which normally leaves fans disappointed by its sequel because their expections were high from the last movie

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was no where near epic.

Probably means the glass is half full or half empty

After watching DOFP, Apes, & Cap 2; I realize something about TASM2.

I was completely bored with TASM2. I felt nothing. I sat there and watched a free film & wasn't in it. Nothing grabbed me in or had me on the edge of my seat. I was on the edge of my seat for DOFP, Cap 2, and Apes. Apes was probably the best. Apes was so good I had to per with what felt like a hour left in the film & I held it because it was so good. I used the bathroom during TASM2 closet scene.

I think it's not just the writers fault and Sony but Webb has some blame to.

Oh goodie another rant from Levi. As if we hadn't seen that a million times-_-

But no, it's not mostly webb's fault. Just blame it on Alex and Roberto and Sony but mostly Sony

Poop is poop. TASM2 was a below average movie, but not poop.

Probably means the glass is half full or half empty

And in this case the pessimist would see the glass half full (of poop).

I was completely bored with TASM2. I felt nothing. I sat there and watched a free film & wasn't in it. Nothing grabbed me in or had me on the edge of my seat. I was on the edge of my seat for DOFP, Cap 2, and Apes. Apes was probably the best. Apes was so good I had to per with what felt like a hour left in the film & I held it because it was so good. I used the bathroom during TASM2 closet scene.

Well maybe you'll enjoy TASM2 more if you see it as a parody of Spider-man rather than a serious Spider-Man film.

I'd probably like TASM2 more if it played at the theater that served beer near me.

Seriously? What was so good about Apes in the first place? The film had no shocking twists or turns whatsoever. Gary Oldman was completely wasted in his 2 and a half minute role. The family who interacted with Caesar was given no development. Even the whole Koba shoots Caesar to start a war thing was waaayyy too predictable. During the last fight, I just wanted it to be over. It was a Mano-a-Mano fight between two apes, man. You may have your own opinion and I respect that. However, I still feel that Apes is one of the most overrated and crappiest movies of all time.

Even if many people think that ASM2 is Batman-Robin bad, it would still be better than Apes. Heck, I would rather watch The Dark World than Apes any day of the week.

Seriously? What was so good about Apes in the first place? The film had no shocking twists or turns whatsoever. Gary Oldman was completely wasted in his 2 and a half minute role. The family who interacted with Caesar was given no development. Even the whole Koba shoots Caesar to start a war thing was waaayyy too predictable. During the last fight, I just wanted it to be over. It was a Mano-a-Mano fight between two apes, man. You may have your own opinion and I respect that. However, I still feel that Apes is one of the most overrated and crappiest movies of all time.

Even if many people think that ASM2 is Batman-Robin bad, it would still be better than Apes. Heck, I would rather watch The Dark World than Apes any day of the week.

I think asm2 was amazing best movie of the year but I thought dawn of the appes was great to probly my second favorite movie of the year. It was better then captain America 2 and maybe better then xmen dofp close any way. I never suspected for what to happen to happen with that one ape that was a big treast and the action in the movie was great. I don't know how you could think that koba thing was way to predictable I was shocked!

I think asm2 was amazing best movie of the year but I thought dawn of the appes was great to probly my second favorite movie of the year. It was better then captain America 2 and maybe better then xmen dofp close any way. I never suspected for what to happen to happen with that one ape that was a big treast and the action in the movie was great. I don't know how you could think that koba thing was way to predictable I was shocked!

The whole Koba thing is pretty much based on some plays by Shakespeare. I have read a lot of them so I know what happens when there is a conflict between two alphas. Cap 2 and DOFP are a whole another class apart. They both have great stories, unexpected twists, and well-developed characters. Apes was just, too run-of-the-mill according to me. There was nothing special about it whatsoever.

You might think otherwise and I am okay with that. :)

The whole Koba thing is pretty much based on some plays by Shakespeare. I have read a lot of them so I know what happens when there is a conflict between two alphas. Cap 2 and DOFP are a whole another class apart. They both have great stories, unexpected twists, and well-developed characters. Apes was just, too run-of-the-mill according to me. There was nothing special about it whatsoever.

You might think otherwise and I am okay with that. :)

I have only seen cap 2 once so I don't rember it to while but nothing really surpised me in dofp and it is only the second xmen I have seen this year and I don't really now anything about xmen and it still didn't surpise me even though I thought it was a great movie I found the twist in dawn of the appes a lot better. Any way this is my list form best to worse movies that I have seen this year.

1. ASM2
2. Xmen dofp/ dawn of the apes
3. Dawn of the apes/ xmen dofp
4. cap 2
5. Godzilla
6. million ways to die in the west
7. Noah if not for the end stupid twest that goes agest the bible it would be number 5
8. Robo cop
9. Transformers 4 way way to much action 160 minutes and like 130 of it was action and repetitive action shoot blow up shoot blow up one of the worse movies I have ever seen had a friend up form la only reason we saw it didn't really have any thing we wanted to see but wanted to go to the movies. I have never left a movie early and I it wasn't for it being with a friend up form la I would have left the movie early.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 was no where near epic.

No my point is even though I liked The Amazing Spider-Man 2 some people didn't so they won't be expecting much from the next movie it's not like what Spider-Man 3 had following Spider-Man 2

I wasn't too keen on X-Men Orgins:Wolverine but I don't go on every single X-Men forum going on about how I didn't like it I accepted it wasn't my favourite X-Men movie and I moved on

I think this was more of a marketing issue... they just revealed to much in the trailers and stuff, an kinda ruined all the "on the edge of your seat" moments... for people/GA who went into this movie pure, not knowing what to expect, I am sure they didn't feel the same way

So if the marketing was better, more people would have seen this or at least thought it was better?

Well if you have great writers like the ones who did skyfall and breaking bad and a great composer like Henry jackman and even a great plot and some great casts then yeah people would get excited for the third spiderman movie by Marc Webb

So if the marketing was better, more people would have seen this or at least thought it was better?

Erzengel, it's always the marketing departments fault. Even though every blockbuster has the same basic marketing plan, if their movie doesn't do well it wasn't marketed well.

X-Men DOFP past and Cap 2 had a lot of "money" shots in the trailers, the difference with them is they had great story to boot. A story that couldn't be summed up in two and a half minutes of trailer.

Everything you said:

giphy.gif

1280-dawn-planet-apes-560x315.jpg

I wasn't too keen on X-Men Orgins:Wolverine but I don't go on every single X-Men forum going on about how I didn't like it I accepted it wasn't my favourite X-Men movie and I moved on

X-Men Origins Wolverine was better then TASM2. Spidey is also more popular then Wolverine.

In all seriousness XMOW > TASM2. Did I have problems? Yes but Wolverine is still better.

Hugh is a better Wolverine then Andrew is at Spidey. Liev as Sabbertooth's backstory was ****ed up but he was still more entertaining and just a badass unlike any of TASM2 villains.

I think this was more of a marketing issue... they just revealed to much in the trailers and stuff, an kinda ruined all the "on the edge of your seat" moments... for people/GA who went into this movie pure, not knowing what to expect, I am sure they didn't feel the same way

That's true but I feel like a big problem is that TASM2 has no conflict in the film.

Conflict in DOFP: Future ****ed up, go to the past and save us Wolverine
Conflict in Cap 2: SHIELD compromised and WS is out there, save us Cap
Conflict in TDK: Joker causing ****, save us Batman
Conflict in MOS: Zod wants to kill us, save us Kal-El

Look at all TASM2 villains. Rhino in the beginning then taken out. Electro's first fight with Spidey, loses and gets thrown in prison. Harry has Electro escape, Spidey kicks ass a second time. Kid Goblin shows up, Spidey kicks ass.

There isn't a basic plot to TASM2. It's like a cartoon with every villain because every villain gets defeated. No one beats Spidey.

Well if you have great writers like the ones who did skyfall and breaking bad and a great composer like Henry jackman and even a great plot and some great casts then yeah people would get excited for the third spiderman movie by Marc Webb

When will you ****ing learn?

This is why fanboys will never work in Hollywood unless they get rid of there biased ass.

Know Alvin Sargent? He wrote the screenplay to Spider-Man 2. He has won two Academy Awards in 1978 and 1981 for his screenplays of Julia and Ordinary People.

I can promise you, you will never pick him.

Know James Vanderbilt? He wrote the screenplay to TASM1. He wrote Zodiac.

I can promise you, you would never pick him.

Shut up about bringing the Breaking Bad or Skyfall writers on TASM series. You don't need writers of a popular film or TV show to make a good film. There are good writers everywhere.

I don't see how anybody can say a mixed (or poor) reaction is a good thing.

That's like a football team saying 'Well, we went 4-12, but that's okay because now our fans won't have any expectations.'

Just no.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"