Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Coulson Lives! (the Clark Gregg aka Phil Coulson thread)

The beginning of Repairs I think it's clear it's not their first time together (Ward makes mention of "follow the same plan as before" "so no one suspects"), it's not the morning after from the end of The Well. I think The Hub can still fit in (and in some ways, makes The Hub a bit more interesting knowing that Ward & May are sleeping together)
Ah, I missed that dialogue. I guess I just assumed it was the next morning since it looked like the same hotel room and everything.

Ah well... looked like a 10 to me :oldrazz: *lol* (note to self: get eyes checked)

One thing I was thinking about (not that I ever been one that believed the LMD theory.... and I've been fairly vocal about that), but if Coulson is the key to Centipede's Phase 3 for their extremis-cocktail soldiers, I would think that's another thing that negates the LMD theory? I mean, if he were an LMD how would that help them improve their version of Extremis?

Maybe that's just me (like I said, I've never held to the LMD theory as it is, but that also means I'm probably looking for/trying to find little things that negate that theory even if it means pulling things out of thin air *lol* I like Coulson as an every man)

Hope that all made sense, sorry if it didn't

I've been convinced all along that they wouldn't bother to bring Phil back as anything other than a human being, and the latest developments make that seem all the more certain. As you pointed out, Raina and Po wouldn't be looking to him for a cure to their Extremis problems if he were an LMD.

Some of the things Phil and others have said about how he has changed since dying have made me reconsider the possibility that he has received a version of the Super Soldier Serum. On several occasions he has remarked that he does things far differently than he used to, makes different decisions regarding people around him. Phil is apparently nicer than he was before, by his account as well as those of Akeela Amador and Agent Blake. He went above and beyond the call to find and save Amador from her captors. When ordered to drop Simmons into the Atlantic, he refused. Instead of merely killing Mike Peterson, Coulson ordered FitzSimmons to find a nonlethal solution to take him down. Even when forced to kill Franklin Hall and Scorch, Phil showed genuine remorse. (Hall isn't dead but no one knows that yet.) Agent May has also said that he would have made different calls in those situations before he died.

Considering the way Dr. Erskine described the psychological effects of the Super Soldier Serum, that could explain Phil's different attitude. "The serum amplifies everything that is inside, so good becomes great; bad becomes worse." Before dying, the few times we saw Phil Coulson he seemed to be an efficient and generally amiable SHIELD agent. His defining moment was one of selfless sacrifice when he followed orders and confronted Loki, attempting to prevent the Asgardian from dropping Thor from the Helicarrier and escaping. Since returning to life he has changed his attitude towards others, becoming more sympathetic, making extreme efforts to save lives, refusing to follow orders that go against his principles and acting with compassion more often than not. In The Bridge Phil calmly accepted Mike's decision to betray him to save Ace and even attempted to comfort the man who was handing him over to the enemy. He was almost saintly.

Perhaps Phil's change in behavior is the result of the serum amplifying the best parts of his personality, his kindness, compassion and selflessness. Like Steve Rogers, he could have been transformed into an even better version of his former self, at least on the psychological level. Phil always wanted to be like his hero Captain America. Maybe now he really is.

(Jeffrey Bell said that Phil Coulson and Mike Peterson are twins. That could lend credence to my theory.)

He is

The Human Torch !

- Phineas ... Phil
- Horton .... Coulson

- Plus, the HT admired Cap

Yeah I'm bored

But hey why not

But if Phil received the SS serum like hos hero, why would Hill say " he can never know " ?

Unless SHIELD made a deal with the devil, in this case Centipede

Centipde offers to bring Coulson back, at the condition SHIELD let them monitor him (they are testing a new formula on him)

Yes, they could just test their formula on any dead person, but maybe Coulson has qualities that make him the best test subject available out there

What was the gem on Loki's sceptre?
I assumed it was something like the Mind Gem or whatever infinity stone that allows mind control, so what if it was the Soul gem?
Coulson was killed by it and before he was resusciated his soul was stuck inside it, the difficult he had coming back could be linked to that artefact and thats what SHIELD has problems with.
They have no idea what that sceptre did except Loki demonstrated mind control and emotion (anger) manipulation with it generating gamma radiation if I recall correctly?
Now I originally thought Coulson might be the Original Human Torch and regenerated but that doesn't explain the bad dreams so why would he have bad dreams?

Hel?

Or perhaps he's unknowingly carrying a shard of the soul gem?

Adam Warlock= Phil Coulson?

No... I prefer the transfusion of blood from Cap and side effects of what the sceptre did to him being the cause... well its an idea!

You know, Xeno make me think so much with the theory of the "Cap without super strength"

that could be more true that what you think: if Phil was picked up nearly the death and had undergone a blood transfusion with a small amount of Roger's blood? a sample, no more then that. Enough to give him an extra regenerate ability and change him, without make him a super soldier...

Bell said that there was a reason if Maria Hill recall back to the arms. It's evident that something it's wrong in the SHIELD and maybe Coulson and the Team will be an attempt to bring the conflict to another level. They are underdogs, but underdogs that make the right decision and this will piss off the "dark side" of the agency (yes, I'm talking about Victoria Hand)

maybe this will turn on the conflict that we will see in Cap: Winter Soldier.

it's only a theory but, for me, works.

Last edited:
So Centipede could use Coulson's blood sample - which woud contain Rodgers' - and use it on Bucky

no offense. i think that's pretty neat thinking, but that makes no sense. i'm pretty sure they'll go winter soldier on bucky ie make him an ageless hitman who they freeze after every mission or whatever. bucky would be 90 if they waited until after avengers to give him the blood.

no offense. i think that's pretty neat thinking, but that makes no sense. i'm pretty sure they'll go winter soldier on bucky ie make him an ageless hitman who they freeze after every mission or whatever. bucky would be 90 if they waited until after avengers to give him the blood.

Well We know Bucky must already have something in him

Cap found him semi-knocked out in Zola's lab

But if Phil received the SS serum like hos hero, why would Hill say " he can never know " ?

Unless SHIELD made a deal with the devil, in this case Centipede

Centipde offers to bring Coulson back, at the condition SHIELD let them monitor him (they are testing a new formula on him)

Yes, they could just test their formula on any dead person, but maybe Coulson has qualities that make him the best test subject available out there

Maybe it wasn't SHIELD that experimented on Coulson's corpse. My suspicion is that the body was stolen by Centipede, AIM or some other group of hostile lunatics and used to test out various procedures. AIM was a defense contractor working on various government projects, including Extremis that Killian hoped to sell to the Army and War Machine/Iron Patriot's systems. It isn't inconceivable that AIM's scientists would have been involved in the aftermath of the Helicarrier assault and the Battle of New York, which would have put them in the position to gain access to a lot of things. Those things would include the body of a SHIELD agent who was killed with an alien weapon.

AIM plays both ends against the middle so it's not inconceivable that the company also supplied the rogue scientists who worked with Loki in TA. They may have had a clue that Loki's spear would leave residual energy in Coulson's body and wanted to test out the effect. Or maybe they were just ghoulish mad scientists. In any event, they performed experiments on the dead or seemingly dead Coulson that had the unexpected side effect of bringing the agent back to life. After that they experimented on him further in ways that amounted to torture, before SHIELD was able to recover him from his abductors.

That would be good enough reason to implant false memories to conceal Phil's death and resurrection from him, if true. But I doubt that it's anything so interesting, though.

AIM plays both ends against the middle so it's not inconceivable that the company also supplied the rogue scientists who worked with Loki in TA. They may have had a clue that Loki's spear would leave residual energy in Coulson's body and wanted to test out the effect. Or maybe they were just ghoulish mad scientists. In any event, they performed experiments on the dead or seemingly dead Coulson that had the unexpected side effect of bringing the agent back to life. After that they experimented on him further in ways that amounted to torture, before SHIELD was able to recover him from his abductors.

That would be good enough reason to implant false memories to conceal Phil's death and resurrection from him, if true. But I doubt that it's anything so interesting, though.

Could have been that darker side of SHIELD that brough Coulson back and had that memory block put on him once Fury learned he was still alive and they realised they would be in even worse trouble if they didn't!

Wouldn't they have taken blood samples when they recovered Cap's body?

Now I'm not saying they were testing a version of the Extremis formula but what if they used a dose of Cap's blood and tests on Loki's staff released Coulson's soul back into his body which is why he survived but from the researchers' point of view their modified serum did the trick they just can't replicate it because they don't know what made it work...

I'm more inclined to think that dark side of SHIELD was more responsible here since regardless of how AIM is viewed there's no way the dead body of a SHIELD Agent would have fallen into their hands without someone connected to SHIELD authorising their "experiments"

Could have been that darker side of SHIELD that brough Coulson back and had that memory block put on him once Fury learned he was still alive and they realised they would be in even worse trouble if they didn't!

Wouldn't they have taken blood samples when they recovered Cap's body?

Now I'm not saying they were testing a version of the Extremis formula but what if they used a dose of Cap's blood and tests on Loki's staff released Coulson's soul back into his body which is why he survived but from the researchers' point of view their modified serum did the trick they just can't replicate it because they don't know what made it work...

I'm more inclined to think that dark side of SHIELD was more responsible here since regardless of how AIM is viewed there's no way the dead body of a SHIELD Agent would have fallen into their hands without someone connected to SHIELD authorising their "experiments"

The rogue elements at work ins SHIELD having a hand in Coulson's resurrection would make for a great story. In CATWS people inside SHIELD are working for [BLACKOUT]HYDRA[/BLACKOUT], so it isn't inconceivable that they're also involved with AIM/Centipede. The reason I think that it is likely that AIM/Centipede was at the root of the mystery is because Centipede has already used a version of Erskine's Super Soldier Serum on Mike Peterson. That means that they would have had it to use on Coulson as well. SHIELD (and the US military) haven't been able to duplicate the serum so far.

Maybe it wasn't SHIELD that experimented on Coulson's corpse. My suspicion is that the body was stolen by Centipede, AIM or some other group of hostile lunatics and used to test out various procedures. AIM was a defense contractor working on various government projects, including Extremis that Killian hoped to sell to the Army and War Machine/Iron Patriot's systems. It isn't inconceivable that AIM's scientists would have been involved in the aftermath of the Helicarrier assault and the Battle of New York, which would have put them in the position to gain access to a lot of things. Those things would include the body of a SHIELD agent who was killed with an alien weapon.

Interesting tbh

in the intermission let me spam some support and alternative reality game from some friends:

1492246_631513246894774_172602223_o.jpg

We have few weeks to spread some love for the show, on the mission, agents!

where's this from?
in the intermission let me spam some support and alternative reality game from some friends:

1492246_631513246894774_172602223_o.jpg

We have few weeks to spread some love for the show, on the mission, agents!

I've found this on Tumblr, it's like the #coulsonlives initiative, to spread the word over internet, I think

ah okay was just curious where you got it.

tumblr_mxufayX9pk1qdwo0ko1_500.jpg

:hrt:

tumblr_mxv81kbu9M1s4kt20o1_500.jpg

Last edited:
I understand that "We worked it out" as "we are talking about his role in the show"

I understand that "We worked it out" as "we are talking about his role in the show"
My understanding is it's more like "yea, that stabbing-through-the-heart business is water under the bridge... Coulson and Loki are totally BFFs now."

And you would be 100% incorrect haha.

I'm sure the only context of that is because last time they shared a space Phil was stabbed by Loki and now he's making a funny.

What if Coulson was an Eternal?

I know it's the least probable scenario but I thought hey what not

In one of the Eternal comics, they are brought back but have no memory of their past, identity and powers.

Maybe that's why he can never know

"he can never know"

If I was in charge of this show this would turn out to be something completely mundane, like they're actually talking about the identity of the person who used to prank Coulson's office all the time when he wasn't in (rearranging keys on his keyboard, papering every square inch with post-it's, filling the room with thousands of dixie cups of water, gluing his desk drawers shut, etc) and he never found out who it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"