Guardians of the Galaxy Countdown to the Gaurdians of the Galaxy teaser-trailer (Feb. 18th)

Recording. :up:

I have to watch face off, so I was gonna watch that, and tune in when everyone says Pratt is on, but actually, Jimmy's show is actually pretty entertaining

tumblr_mh6ritGiqi1rwzsbso1_500.gif

I liked it. So the first trailer simply introduces the team. The next trailer will be the story trailer. Then the third & final trailer will be the big action trailer

Thank you for putting this up, I am so pumped for this movie now. Holy buhjeezus, that was awesome

Comedic tone. I just hope it's actually funny, like Lego movie kind of funny.

That was what was needed. NO one knows who these characters are (heck, I dont and I've been reading Marvel comics since I learned to read) so it gave us a feel for the tone of the movie and filled us in on who we're paying to see.

I think that Rocket could end up being a MAJOR money maker for Marvel, so they could have used a bit more of him, but I'm sure he'll be a larger focus as time goes by.

I'm STILL pulling for Thanos to kill most of the team and leave one survivor to flee at the end to reach earth at the beginning of Avengers 3...but I know that won't happen.

That opening sequence seemed like homage to the opening of Raiders of the Lost Ark!

That was what was needed. NO one knows who these characters are (heck, I dont and I've been reading Marvel comics since I learned to read) so it gave us a feel for the tone of the movie and filled us in on who we're paying to see.

I don't necessarily buy that.

No I don't buy that at all. People will go see a movie so long as the story looks good and interesting. Like they went to see Star Wars IV and Avatar. And people didn't know who those characters were either. The characters will have to win our hearts on their own during the movie.

Don't waste a trailer trying to introduce them because in 2:30 seconds we still have no clue who they are. But in 2:30 they could've told us what they want, who's keeping them from it and how they intend to get it.

Instead of a bunch of jokes.

I liked how each member was introduced and elaborated on a bit, one of my favorite things about the trailer actually.

1. That choice of songs was perfect.
2. It looks like Chris Pratt might be able to give RDJ a run for his money in the snarky/cocky dukee department.
3. Nebula looks awesome.
4. Apparently, Benicio del Toro is an alien David Bowie, I love it.
5. "What a bunch of A-holes." Ok, that was really funny.

Chris Pratt is NOT going to give RDJ a run for his money, I wish people would stop setting him up for failure.

I don't necessarily buy that.

No I don't buy that at all. People will go see a movie so long as the story looks good and interesting. Like they went to see Star Wars IV and Avatar. And people didn't know who those characters were either. The characters will have to win our hearts on their own during the movie.

Don't waste a trailer trying to introduce them because in 2:30 seconds we still have no clue who they are. But in 2:30 they could've told us what they want, who's keeping them from it and how they intend to get it.

Instead of a bunch of jokes.

It's trailer number 1. Their job was to tell us that the movie is coming and give us an overall feel for a film we didn't know what to expect from. Future trailers will get into the story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"