The Rise of Skywalker Countdown to the Opening of Galaxy's Edge!

DarthSkywalker

Your Most Aggro Pal (he/him)
Reaction score
Welcome to Black Spire Outpost...

EpUDd9o.jpg

And for those wondering, yes the new land technically ties into IX, as it takes place between VIII and IX. So beyond this being the main Star Wars hub right now, it is connected. :D

Meet DJ Rex. For fans of the classic Star Tours, you may recognize the original Captain Rex.

Luke, Lando and George at the dedication. :atp:

Looks great but the Smuggler's Run ride look like it's the most fun for the people in the front seats. The other four people can only sit there and watch and the ones in the back row probably can't really see much. Hmm.

Waiting until the Star Wars Hotel opens in Disney World to go. By that time I should have enough saved up to get almost everything I want.

Video of some of the atmospheric entertainment. It's a similar (though more elaborate, with purpose-built stunt areas and effects) to another LucasFilm property, as part of 2008's "Indiana Jones Summer of Hidden Mysteries," Disney had an actor playing Indiana Jones running around Adventureland on rooftops and in crowds, getting into choreographed fights.

As well, the specific character here (the one with partially blue hair) is Vi Moradi, first appearing in the Phasma novel released before TLJ and the protagonist of the upcoming Black Spire novel.

I really want to go so bad. does anybody know the actual price of admission per person?

Also, George, Mark, Harrison, and Billy Dee all together pulled at my heart strings. a loving tribute to peter

Looks great but the Smuggler's Run ride look like it's the most fun for the people in the front seats. The other four people can only sit there and watch and the ones in the back row probably can't really see much. Hmm.
Interesting you say that. It seems that it is a very different experience depending on the "job" you take.

Anyone got $25,000 burning a hole in their pocket?

Interesting you say that. It seems that it is a very different experience depending on the "job" you take.

Yeah, I didn't know that it was interactive and you have to pilot the ship while you're on the ride, so it's really more of a video game than a ride. I'm not a gamer so I'm not sure how much I'd enjoy having to actually do stuff on the ride, instead of just sitting back and enjoying it. I feel like that might make it more of a stressful experience than anything else because you're so busy doing your 'job' that before you know it the ride's over and you have to get out.

I feel like this was a big missed opportunity to bring an actual Star Wars location to life. I'm not really interested in visiting a "Star Wars-ish" location. Considering most Star Wars locations are just Earth locations, you don't really need a theme park for that. I want to walk around the actual Mos Eisley, or Cloud City, or even Naboo or Coruscant. Maybe they could have incorporated multiple planets. I'd go to this if it were free, but I'm not paying who-knows-how-much to visit a "Star Wars-ish, but not really" planet.

On a side note, Galaxy's Edge sounds very unfinished and rough. A rail-shooter Falcon ride, employees who haven't been trained properly, lightsaber construction that's too hard for kids. It sounds like a metaphor for the current movies: put out a half-baked product that's "Star Wars-ish, but not really". At least this can be improved over time. If I ever do go, you can bet it will be 10-20 years down the road, after they've smoothed out the rough edges.

Good God Almighty Grootster. Like seriously, holy shirt. Go outside for 10 minutes. Breath the air. Take a hike through the Rockies. Take Pilates. Sign up for a yoga course. I mean, anything, please. I just cannot handle anymore of your goddamn phenomenal commentary.

I feel like this was a big missed opportunity to bring an actual Star Wars location to life. I'm not really interested in visiting a "Star Wars-ish" location. Considering most Star Wars locations are just Earth locations, you don't really need a theme park for that. I want to walk around the actual Mos Eisley, or Cloud City, or even Naboo or Coruscant. Maybe they could have incorporated multiple planets. I'd go to this if it were free, but I'm not paying who-knows-how-much to visit a "Star Wars-ish, but not really" planet.

On a side note, Galaxy's Edge sounds very unfinished and rough. A rail-shooter Falcon ride, employees who haven't been trained properly, lightsaber construction that's too hard for kids. It sounds like a metaphor for the current movies: put out a half-baked product that's "Star Wars-ish, but not really". At least this can be improved over time. If I ever do go, you can bet it will be 10-20 years down the road, after they've smoothed out the rough edges.
I don't know, I thought it was a smart move to use the theme park to expand the universe instead of recreating old cities. People always say they want to visit new locations in the SW galaxy, and now they literally can visit and discover an entirely new location. Plus, Disney needed something more dynamic where you can incorporate multiple types of shops, rides, venues, restaurants, etc. in a very small space. It's only a corner of the park.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"