Counterpart (Staring J.K Simmons)

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
[YT]Cgt2S3u8Q2I[/YT]

The espionage thriller follows a man named Howard Silk (Simmons), a lowly cog in the bureaucratic machinery of a Berlin-based UN spy agency. When Howard discovers that his organization safeguards the secret of a crossing into a parallel dimension, he is thrust into a shadow world of intrigue, danger, and double cross. The only man he can trust is "Prime," also played by Simmons, Howard's near-identical counterpart from this parallel world.

Cool idea. Not much to go on so far (that teaser was very much a teaser).

sounds interesting... think I just might take a look into this...

Really like the look of it.

Starz Sets JK Simmons Starrer ‘Counterpart’ Premiere For Early 2018; Drops 1st Trailer

Starz announced today that the Berlin set thriller with the Oscar winner and Olivia Williams will premiere on January 21, 2018. Also today, the premium cabler unveiled the first official trailer for the Justin Marks created spy series. As you can see above, there is a lot of mystery, style, discovery and double trouble in Counterpart, so to speak.

Ordered straight-to-series for two 10-episode seasons, the MRC, Anonymous Content and Gilbert Films produced Counterpart’s opener is helmed by The Imitation Game director Morten Tyldum. Set amidst a world or worlds of exchanges, melded identities and bureaucracy, the series also stars The Theory of Everything’s Harry Lloyd, Nicholas Pinnock, Homeland’s Nazanin Boniadi Sara Serraiocco and Ulrich Thomsen.

[YT]i1f0VWv91nc[/YT]

Starz is showing the first episode online,and I must say its really good. (esp if you were a fan of Fringe)

I found the first episode a little boring if I'm honest. It felt mostly like set up. Laying out the premise and main characters.

The premise is interesting. It is a Berlin Cold War espionage story with the added twist of the Cold War being between two parallel Earths and exploring identity with duplicates of people on either side.

Great 2nd episode,think I liked it more than the pilot.

Yeah, the 2nd episode was really good.

Haven't seen the second episode yet, but did enjoy the pilot. Intriguing premise and didn't realize until now that JK Simmons playing two versions of himself at the same time was something that was vastly needed in life. But it's nice to see him on a recurring show.

I really hope that was not the last we see of Baldwin,her character is really interesting,I'm glad they gave us some backstory into her character in the 2nd episode.

This show is pretty great so far, but I'm probably somewhat bias, because I love J.K Simmons and the premise is very intriguing.

Starting to think Emily's accident wasn't an accident.

So does anyone else think this is Aldrich ? (Prime)

[BLACKOUT]Also what are the chances that there is a 3rd world?[/BLACKOUT]

No other way to put it, J.K. Simmons's performance in tonight's episode of Counterpart was simply incredible.

So glad this is getting a 2nd season.

No other way to put it, J.K. Simmons's performance in tonight's episode of Counterpart was simply incredible.

So glad this is getting a 2nd season.

No joke. Simmons really is fantastic in this show so far and I love how he is able to play dual roles yet both characters couldn't be anymore different. The kitchen scene was a little emotional IMO.

Season 2 starts shooting soon

Enjoying this immensely. Glad to hear a second season is happenning...

Same here,for a Sci Fi/Spy drama this series has very little sci fi elements in it, and I think that's what helps make this series so good.

Curious if we ever find out what happened to the guy at the bakery or if it's pretty much just implied that the agents from the other side killed him.

That and wondering how deep Howard is getting into being on the other side and how well he'll get to know Other-Howard's family, just based on that ending with him trying to bond with Anna.

Loved the latest episode I just knew Peter wouldn't be able to keep his composure and eventually screw up everything, he will always be Viserys Targaryen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"