Counterpart (Staring J.K Simmons)

Really felt like he would've cracked during his 'toast,' once he made it through that, maybe he could've kept up the front. But no.

29063588_10156334805036617_1397014868320971366_n.jpg

:woo:

This is probably the best drama I’ve watched in years. I’m loving this show.

That Howard vs. Howard scene was so damn good. :up:

This is probably the best drama I’ve watched in years. I’m loving this show.

I love everything about it - especially the premise of being inserted into an alternate reality of your own life. So many complex mechanisms behind it.

Quayle's situation was a complete mind f-. I don't even know what I'd do in that scenario.

The whole scene where Aldrich tells Quayle the story about meeting his other was freaking intense..

Declassified: Everything to Know Before the Season 1 Finale

As Counterpart, the Starz spy-fi drama starring J.K. Simmons hurtles toward its season one finale on Sunday, there are several open plot threads that must be resolved. Showrunner Justin Marks also will need to set the stage for the previously announced second season of the dual universe thriller that has quickly become a critical favorite. Ahead of Sunday's season finale, here's a primer on what you need to know if you're just coming to the series now.

The Two Worlds

About 30 years ago, scientists in East Berlin were involved in a secret experiment that went wrong, resulting in the creation of a parallel Earth from that point forward. In addition to the creation of the alternate universe, a bridge between the two was opened, allowing people from either side to cross. The bridge is a closely guarded secret and is governed by a U.N. spy organization called the Office of Interchange (OI). Everyone on our Earth has an exact double, or “other” in the parallel universe.

The big event and a major point of conflict in the series is a swine flu pandemic that decimated the alternate (Prime) Earth in 1996, killing half a billion people. Factions on Prime Earth blame our Earth (Alpha) for the pandemic and look to retaliate. A cold war has been waged silently for decades, but a plan by a fanatical Prime faction, that if successful, threatens to result in a full-on war of the worlds. A spy from Prime Earth is dispatched to our Earth to stop it.

[YT]THM0nlB5MbY[/YT]

That was a good finale, and I'm interested in where they take it. Also happy that S2 was announced at the end.

With Baldwin now just out there, the door definitely feels open for her to return at anytime.

With Baldwin now just out there, the door definitely feels open for her to return at anytime.

I hope she does, she was by far one of the most interesting characters on the show, I just hated how they had her sitting on the sidelines for those couple of episodes.

Finally done with S1,loved everything about it, I have absolutely no idea what direction they might go in S2, and I love it.

Excellent finale. I'm a little in shock that Quayle made it through the whole first season alive, lol.

I'm curios to see what becomes of Howard, they keep hinting that the longer he stays there the more he will change, it would not surprise me if h changes for the worst especially given his recent experiences.

Exclusive 'Counterpart' Season 2 Teaser Introduces James Cromwell's "Intelligence Extractor" Yanek

Season 2 synopsis
At The Office of Interchange, those who have high enough access safeguard a crossing into a parallel dimension not unlike our own. And if their world is like ours, who are we over there? Are we better? Are we different? Season Two finds Howard (J.K. Simmons) and his counterpart living out these questions. With the Crossing closed and each of them stranded in the other’s world, they have to adapt for survival. Howard Prime takes on his other’s life: going to his job, living in his home… with his wife. Howard Alpha is locked in a mysterious black site known as Echo, cut off from everyone he knows. As a cold war escalates between worlds deepening a fickle divide, both men find themselves growing increasingly like their other.

Season 2 premiers tonight on television, and already available to watch online.

Last night’s episode was intense! The guy who played the younger Yanek did an incredible job as him and his other.

As everyone else has said, it was great to see the origin!

Catching up with this season. The origin episode was really interesting. I'm liking where this season is heading so far.

I wonder where Howard Prime goes now that Emily knows he's not her actual husband. Not that she's in any position to judge, having gone over to the other side to be with Emily Prime's daughter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"