Country & Folk Music

Flash525

The Scarlet Messenger
Reaction score
Can I get some recommendations please? Preferably songs that can be found on Spotify as I'm creating a new playlist after having taken a liking to this genre.

can you share what artists you've listened to that made you start liking the genre?

If you like a sound that is kinda a throwback, i highly recommend Kasey Musgraves. I have all her albums.
Want some good lyrical stuff without a whole lot of fluff? Chris Stapleton and Ashley McBryde.

Little bit of everything? Eric Church, Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town, Zac Brown Band

more traditional stuff? Can't go wrong with Willie, Dolly and Patsy. 90s Brooks and Dunn, Alan Jackson and Reba can get a shoutout too lol.

can you share what artists you've listened to that made you start liking the genre?
Certainly;
  • Country Roads - John Denver
  • Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
  • Carry on my Wayward Son - Kansas
  • The Passenger - Iggy Pop
  • Tennessee Whiskey - Chris Stapleton
That's the bulk of my playlist so far (I said it was a recent thing), hah. I shall listen up on your suggestions though - thanks!

Last edited:

Kansas isn't country or folk, for the record. If you like them, though, you might want to try Blue Oyster Cult (again, not country/folk, just a band you might like).

Kansas isn't country or folk, for the record. If you like them, though, you might want to try Blue Oyster Cult (again, not country/folk, just a band you might like).
Yeah, you're right there, I had that song in the wrong playlist, it didn't occur to me when I listed them above.

I know the thread starter took a turn, but I hope you take some of ComicChick suggestions and give them a try. You might try some Vince Gill, Dixie Chicks, Garth Brooks, Chris LeDeoux, George Jones, George Strait, Martina McBride... I thought the 90's were good for country music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"