CRANE, CLAY AND PIG: VILLAIN SPIN-OFF MOVIES/SERIES.

Or you lean into the Circus of Strange aspect of his character and make the movie about him forming his gang of misfits with Mister Toad and company.

Oh true, I had forgot about them.

That’s fair. It’s been a while since I’ve read Morrison’s Pyg, so I do tend to think of him as more of a mask/gimmick than a cerebral foe. Which would be fun for a lower-budget slasher. Totally agreed that this would be a great space for Montoya & Bullock.

I’m still at a loss for how to adapt Clayface. But then again, my only real familiarity with the character is BTAS. And I suspect that’s not the route that a Matt Reeves-universe adaptation would go, but I could be completely wrong there.

IMO he's the easiest one to go with. OG Clayface was basically just Lon Chaney, Sr: Serial Killer Edition and terrorized a movie production. A Clayface movie based on the Golden Age take would fit a "Phantom of the Opera, Gotham Edition" type movie perfectly. You can even have Julie Madison as the leading lady who keeps witnessing the murders on set.

Idk about anyone else, but a Scarecrow solo film has me more excited than any other possible villain solo. Give me something Conjuring level scary. Have half of the film set in college where we see students experience hallucinations of their phobias in worst case scenarios. Then have Crane to get fired for his experiments and go completely off the rails. I want his fear toxin to literally scare people to death. Frozen in fear.

In this turbulent time at DC Studios, do you guys think these spin offs still have life? I’m guessing Gunn is letting Reeves continue to build out this Batverse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"