Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy

Oscorp

Avenger
Reaction score
According to Gamereactor Sweden, the Crash Bandicoot rights at Activision seems to have expired, as they've erased everything Crash related at their websites. Rumours are now spreading that they may have been bought back by Sony.

Take a look at this picture from a PS4 trailer:

Nice. It'll be another major reason to get the PS4.

I would love that. The ps1 was my last sony console and crash was easily my favourite game on that

More proof...Well..maybe not "proof" but perhaps fuel to the fire. Looks increasingly likely.

VFTXt6U.jpg

sCSqT8x.jpg

Take this with a huge grain of salt, but there was this reddit user who said that someone who's been right in the past about inside info said Santa Monica Studios and Naughty Dog are cooperating on making the new Crash game.

The reason I'm posting that here is simply because it's a nice thought. Imagine that game! Drools!

Pleaseopleaseopleaseoplease be true!

I'm thinking that it's pretty much true that Sony once again owns Crash. Why else would any of this be happening?

While Sony buying the IP may be a bit of a stretch, I would not be surprises one bit if Activision sold the Crash Bandicoot IP to someone. They haven't used the Crash or Spyro IPs for years now and clearly have no interest in using them.

Well, technically the Skylanders series is a Spyro thing, but yeah that doesn't really count.

Well, technically the Skylanders series is a Spyro thing, but yeah that doesn't really count.

Asides from the first Skylanders game, Spyro hasn't even been a minor character in the series.

I wish Skylanders would have been Spyro's reboot and not the cash cow it became.

...Alas.

I wish Skylanders would have been Spyro's reboot and not the cash cow it became.

...Alas.
Meh, I really don't see a problem with it. Considering that Activision has no interest in the Crash Bandicoot IP, it's pretty logical to think that they will have no problem selling the Spyro the Dragon character while retaining the Skylanders IP. Spyro's role in the series has been rather minimized to the point of being completely unnecessary after the first game.

Yeah I have been desperately hoping for an announcement for Sony in the past 48 hours, I played the Crash games only a couple of weeks ago and maintain playing them about once a year. One of my favorite games series of all time(at least Crash Bandicoot to CTR is).

Seriously, I think it's gonna happen. Maybe we'll get an announcement at the VGA's? That tends to be the place to reveal things outside of E3.

Seriously, I think it's gonna happen. Maybe we'll get an announcement at the VGA's? That tends to be the place to reveal things outside of E3.

Yeah me too! I've never been this excited about a game before! But it all depends on what devs get to make it, if these Sony rumours are true. I would cry happy tears if Crash comes home to Naughty Dog again!

They have to put all their efforts into this game. If Crash is about to become Playstation's new mascot again, they have to do everything right given how mistreated he was under Activision. Naughty Dog is (IMO) the best developer out there. Who knows what the The Last of Us team is up to now.

Also, I'm curious about Studio Santa Monica because we've basically heard nothing about what they're up to, at least I haven't. Is it possibly true that they're teaming up with Naughty Dog in making a Crash game?

Crash Bandicoot 2 and 3 still look really, really good graphics wise. Imagine a PS4 one! :wow:

EDIT: Another thing by the way, I've read several times that Sony wants to bring back some classics. Apparently, they're about to make a new Parapa the Rapper (a drunk Sony guy gave that away, among other hints), and he's clearly shown as an easter egg in that commercial too.

Here's hoping they also bring back Spyro, Croc and another game I loved: Wild 9 (though that is extremely unlikely).

Last edited:
Can't imagine what this will look like on next gen. Loved it on PS1.

How many games have there been? I might have only played the 1st PS1 game, can't really remember.

Read my last post again! I wouldn't get my hopes up yet :( I really hope Benstamania is right though, but I doubt it now :/ If Activision still has the rights, as they now have claimed to have, they probably won't sell it now that they've seen how big of a thing this became.

I mean, why would Activision say they still have and will try to figure out a way to give him "life" again? :(

Sounds like some posturing going on. It's a shame but maybe someone will give us a good Crash game after seeing the attention this has gotten.

Hopefully the way of "bringing the beloved character to life again" is by selling it to Sony and let the true Bandicoot family make it: Naughty Dog :D But I doubt it now that Activision would do that unfortunately.

Activision will make him a Skylander after seeing he has a fanbase in hopes of selling more Skylander **** to the HC.

I seriously hate Activision for ruining so much (Crash, Spyro, Spider-Man etc.)!

Imagine if they were actually about to make a deal but Acitivision pulled out due to realising there's a huge fanbase?

Last edited:
Oh, they always knew it has a huge fanbase, but they also know they screwed up. They don't get Crash like ND does.

I hope that picture with the Crash sign is more indication that it is back to Sony than it is being developed by Activision.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"