Sequels Creatives for the MCU X-men

Silvermoth

Krakoan native
Reaction score
Hi everyone, who would you like to see direct the x-men when they return to marvel?

Just saw Get Out and I think Peele would be amazing. He has commercial success with discussing ackward relations regarding to minorities and he can have a laugh which marvel likes. My favourite is ava duverney though. That bridge scene in Selma is like a perfect audition tape for actions scenes for the x-men.

And I would love it if Alllen Heinberg wrote it. He did such a great job with Wonder Woman and he can write women especially well which I think were overdue for with the xmen

Would love Ava, but I'm not sure she'd be interested.

Would love Ava, but I'm not sure she'd be interested.

She went nuts for Tessa as Valkyrie on twitter and I remember she was asked to do black panther but it wasn't a right fit at the time so it can't hurt to ask her again

Greg Kyle and Chris Yost for script writing. They have worked on X-Men stuff (comics and cartoons) and have worked on MCU movies (the Thor franchise) so they understand how both work, which could be good in getting them to work together.

As for director, I am not sure. But it needs to be someone who isn't afraid of the comic book aspects of the property. We need to move past the Bryan Singer look and feel for MCU X-Men. Black leather ain't gonna cut it anymore.

Was thinking about either Jordan Peele or The Duffer Brothers.

Not sure those are my favorite choices but I think they would be interesting ones and bring something different.

Judianna Makovsky
Trent Opaloch
Emmanuel Lubezki
Jamie Christopher
Gilles Cannatella
Brian Tyler
Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely

Involve all these people

Last edited:
I doubt we will get a real movie filmmaker with Disney: the only one we have seen on MarvelStudios was Branagh and (maybe) James Gunn , then always tv-mappets-camera units.

- The Russos
- Chris McQuarrie

I doubt we will get a real movie filmmaker with Disney: the only one we have seen on MarvelStudios was Branagh and (maybe) James Gunn , then always tv-mappets-camera units.

Maybe a cartoon director?

like Kinberg you mean?
there isnt a better example of mappet than him

Maybe a cartoon director?

It doesn't matter.
The sense of my post is that Feige works like a showrunner in a tv series, so it doesn't matter who will be the filmmaker.
The only change in MCU movies is the amount of comedy.
The style is always the same. There is more difference between the Usual Suspect and X-2 (or also in DoFP and Apocalypse) than from Iron Man and Winter Soldier.

"Real filmmaker". That's really condescending.

"Real filmmaker". That's really condescending.

I mean: a director with his own vision and style who knows the cinema language

The Russo are good tv director. But they don't have the sense of time or space that is proprer of cinema.

I'm not a director.

I thought you were.

OK then, pretend you were, how would YOU do an X-Men film, which directors style do you have an affinity for? What is your vision for this franchise.

Last edited:
I thought you were.

OK then, pretend you were, how would YOU do an X-Men film, which directors style do you have an affinity for? Whst is your vision for this franchise.

Goood question.

I would love have a visual spiritual touch like Tarkovskij, a brutal stunning style like Refn and the great narration of society of Spielberg (the one of Empire of the Sun or Munich).

I will use the Alex Ross concept of X-Men (you can find it in google) for costumes.

And run of Claremont.
Maybe after DP i will make the Brood Saga( that i love it)

Well that's an impressive a la carte of names, all worthy of praise in some respects. I could really care less about Refn though, but hopefully Feige is listening.

Last edited:
Just to update my list of the Russo's and McQuarrie, I'd add Noah Hawley to the list. The X-Films have been pretty bland visually, and Legion was a step up from anything we'd seen in the Singer films despite the TV budget. Shows what a strong imagination can do. Vaughn was much better then Bryan but you could sense he didn't have full control in a rushed production schedule.

Hawley with a 250 m budget would be interesting.

Just to update my list of the Russo's and McQuarrie, I'd add Noah Hawley to the list. The X-Films have been pretty bland visually, and Legion was a step up from anything we'd seen in the Singer films despite the TV budget. Shows what a strong imagination can do. Vaughn was much better then Bryan but you could sense he didn't have full control in a rushed production schedule.

Hawley with a 250 m budget would be interesting.

I still prefer Singer above the others 2.

If you look at First Class (and all the other Vaughn movies) all scenes seems to be like closed theatral pieces, he cannot create the sense of a wider space.
I find very poor scenes like the one when all the young are together and they choose their nickname.

The scene of coin is very great (really) but it works exploiting exactly the 'bi-dimensional limit of Vaughn. (oh, i don't wanna says he or the movie is bad! I very like FC! that isn't The Origins: Wolverine that is miles worst in that)

In Apocalypse, i don't have proofs, but it bet the scenes like Moira discovering Apo aren't made by Singer for the same problem that Singer usually don't have.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"