Creator tells us how to pronounce 'GIF'

"So instead of GIF, we've got to say JIF? YEAH RIGHT," chimed in October Jones, creator of the "Texts From Dog" Tumblr and book. "And I suppose those animals with long necks are called 'JIRAFFES.'"

Does this guy know he doesn't have a point? If anything he's backing up the creator's decision, lol.

And the guy who coined UFO said it should be pronounced you-foe, it ain't gonna happen.

I pronounce it with a hard G and will never do any different, thank you very much. :o

I never knew people pronounced it "JIF" I've always called them GIFS.

"Guh-effes."

I'll be calling it GIFs, thank you very much. :o

I've been saying it Jif ever since I was in school and have never been corrected on it, even by IT and computer professionals.

Appearently because you've been saying it right.

I've decided. Whenever I'm having a discussion with someone and they use the word JIF, I will just turn around and walk away. Because I can't even take you serious anymore. :o

This just in: tiff is really pronounced "winnebago"

jpeg is pronounced by putting your hand under your armpit and doing that fart noise thingy.

png has no pronunciation. You just look deeply into the eyes of the person you are talking to and they will know what you mean.

N3mKrKZ.png

0iclHSy.gif

FiOmqaF.gif

I've always pronounced it "gif." :toth

I always said "jif". If it's good enough for Doc Brown, it's good enough for me.

Jpeg, Bmp, Tiff, Png........JIF??? c-c-combooo breakeerrrr!!!!

I will continue to pronounce it "gif" and not "jif" because there's no logic in saying "jif" when it stands for "GRAPHICAL Interchange Format". I don't care if the creator pronounces it "jif"...if I name my son "Gilbert" and want people to pronounce it "Jilbert" then that makes me an idiot.

GIF with a hard 'g' makes sense. This creator fellow doesn't know what he's talking about.

:lmao:

The funny thing about this happening online is that the J-crew has to spell it "jif" and, thus, the WRONG way, to get their point across.

Hard G, m'nerds. Deal with it. :o

Just a few others, how do people pronounce .png and .exe?

I've heard "dot ping" and "dot eks".

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"