Creepypasta

Status
Not open for further replies.
fycNL.jpg

Who is that little girl puppet and why does she think she can be in the same picture as Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, Elmo, Grover, and Oscar?
:cmad:

So has anyone on the hype written their own creepy pasta?

Yeah, I wrote one a few months ago for another forum, and recently I saw it pop up on the CreepyPasta wiki. I created it with the idea that I had recently "found" the story elsewhere, so I had to alter my writing style to avoid detection. My girlfriend can I always spot when I'm talking online, and she read my CreepyPasta and didn't know it was me.

So, the best advice I can give is:

1.) If you're trying to make people buy it, even if for nothing more than a few minutes of your audience shivering, write it in a style that is distinctly not yours.

2.) Less is more. Read up on H.P. Lovecraft. He scared the bejesus out of his readers with his famous story "The Call of Cthulhu", during which we received nothing more than a second-hand description of a statue carving of Cthulhu. We never saw Cthulhu, and pretty much were only able to learn about him from the dialogues. Getting the "sweet spot" with your descriptions and information is obviously going to be the most effective, but this can be difficult for inexperienced writers.

3.) Look up the cliches of CreepyPasta. "Hyper-realism" in a game with bad graphics is arguably the most common. Next to bad writing, of course.

What is SmileDog? It's a dog with photoshopped human teeth right? Who's Jeff The Killer?

Oh and before you ask, I'm too scared to Google this stuff.

I tried to read Majora's Mask, but damn is that a long read.

Majora's Mask is worth the read. Then watch the videos.

Maybe I'll read it tomorrow. Does it require to know Zelda's lore? I don't know much about Zelda. Oh and, are the videos jumpscares?

Yeah, this was a great thread to click on before going to bed.

What is SmileDog? It's a dog with photoshopped human teeth right? Who's Jeff The Killer?

Oh and before you ask, I'm too scared to Google this stuff.

I tried to read Majora's Mask, but damn is that a long read.

Yes, SmileDog is the dog with the human "smile", but there's an even scarier version of it where it looks as if he's been turned inside out.

Jeff the Killer is the Michael Jackson lookalike with burnt eyelids and a huge grin that commonly has "GO TO SLEEP" in text in the image.

That was a good read. Now let's see if I can sleep anytime soon.

It lost me when the thing started taking over his computer.

we all should pitch in and create a creepypasta and see how far it reaches. Like, a haunted discontinued halloween mask or something.

I've been reading a lot of creepy pasta's lately, what are some of the scariest ones you've ever read?

Halloween III Silver Shamrock Commercial
[YT]hIHUv2ooG38[/YT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee