Crime In Society And Crimes Impacting Politics

KRYPTON INC.

Incorporated Kryptonian
Reaction score
This is a different and more broad category than the Criminla Justice thread.

This is more about crime as an aspect of society that often impacts political discussion and policy.

These stories make a splash and we rarely ever get an immediate follow up to put things into context.

Here this story was used to push that increases in crime in the nation are about policy changes or the like, laying the problem at the feet of the current presidential admin.

When as we see, if you lay off like 80% of your security force, well... Biden didn't do that, did he?

This is a different and more broad category than the Criminla Justice thread.

This is more about crime as an aspect of society that often impacts political discussion and policy.

They are the same damn topic. Just different rhetoric.

They are the same damn topic. Just different rhetoric.
The way I see it one would be about "the system" as regulated by the policy created in D.C. and state houses and in Mayor's offices and city councils.

This is more to my mind about instances where crime happens separate as it can be from whatever direct action or policy that elected officials and appointed agency heads are currently involved in, but which do enter into the public conversation, often as examples of the failure or success of a policy, sure, but not always. In any case, a crime like a mass public shooting, waves of robbery, yes, I would include riots are not always directly connected to legislation or a politcal campaign but are a part of the background radiation of the issues of the day.

Like the example above, this was bandied about as some kind of absolute evidence of... something. And this is across the spectrum. And sometimes these events are evidence of a breakdown of society or it's administrative systems but it's not a 1 to 1 deal that way either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"