Crimes against Cinema

She made it look like she was having sex with Billy Bob.... AND ENJOYING IT.

Oscar-worthy.

Was that really her or a body double when she was getting pounded from behind over the coach?

Titanic winning over LA Confidential.

And I know this will offend film connisseurs but Annie Hall over Star Wars.

Yeah, like the "white people" comedies that all star the same actors too, right? :whatever: :whatever:

-TNC

you're missing the point, for all those bad "white cast" comedies there's Oscar caliber films like Goodfellas and The Departed and so on and so fourth. When will there be lots of Oscar caliber films with a mainly black cast?

you're missing the point, for all those bad "white cast" comedies there's Oscar caliber films like Goodfellas and The Departed and so on and so fourth. When will there be lots of Oscar caliber films with a mainly black cast?

Dreamgirls
:oldrazz:

Also Taxi Driver didnt get a Best Pic. Rocky won that year. I love Rocky but Taxi Driver is the superior film. Didnt even get a Director nom.

And Rocky was a far better film...every year the academy makes nominations that are crimes against cinema.

Rocky beating Taxi Driver was hardly one of them though.

Tim Burton remaking or adapting anything. Except Batman and Batman Returns.

^^What dont you like? Big Fish was an adaptation but it was great

All of those recently released spoof movies like: Meet The Spartans, Epic Movie, The Comebacks, Scary Movie 4, etc. And the fact that some people even like them:cmad: :csad:

And Rocky was a far better film...every year the academy makes nominations that are crimes against cinema.

Rocky beating Taxi Driver was hardly one of them though.

The only thing Rocky has going for itself is a honest, genuine character and a surprise ending. Other than that it was a string of montages.

Taxi Driver on the other hand had amazing direction and cinematography, ery powerful performance from Robert DeNiro. It dealt with existentialism, ultra-violence, and redefining the hero as we know it.

I love Rocky,but Taxi Driver is by far a much better film

The only thing Rocky has going for itself is a honest, genuine character and a surprise ending. Other than that it was a string of montages.

Taxi Driver on the other hand had amazing direction and cinematography, ery powerful performance from Robert DeNiro. It dealt with existentialism, ultra-violence, and redefining the hero as we know it.

I love Rocky,but Taxi Driver is by far a much better film

I think they are both great films with different strengths. If you're talking about a character study, Taxi Driver edges out Rocky due to a much more complex protagonist. However, don't discount Stallone's Rocky Balboa completely... he's much more than the lug he initially appears to be. Cinematography and direction: Scorsese is easily a better director than Stallone, but from a directorial standpoint, I don't think Taxi Driver is one of his stronger films. The climactic scene where Bickle goes after Harvey Keitel's character, while often raved about, falls a little flat for me. In terms of story, I'd say they're about equal... where Rocky lacks in Taxi Driver's intrigue and originality, it makes up in inspiration and heart-warming sincerity. Musical score HAS to go to Rocky... one of the most classic soundtracks and main themes of all time versus one of the WORST musical scores in any film. As much as I love TD, I HATE that god-awful lounge music they play throughout it. At times it almost kills the intensity of the film. Acting is comparable with good performances on both sides but I'd have to give the edge to De Niro by default as he is in general a much better actor than Stallone and here he plays one of his most complex characters as stated before. I'd call it a draw in terms of which film is actually the superior one, but if I had to choose one or the other, Rocky is the one I like better.

You have great points That-Guy but it comes down to opinion which is your favorite. The only edge you seem to give Rocky though is soundtrack and an uncamparable story.And yes Rocky might have more replay value and more general audience attration, but Taxi Driver is still CINEMATICALLY the superior film in both technique, originality, and story-telling.

epic movie

Dont stop there. All of the spoof films in the last ten years have been crimes against cinema.
And the fact that Meet the Spratans was #1 for a while makes it even worse. For God sake, they had a joke involving Chris Crocker. DONT GIVE HIM MORE LIMELIGHT!!!

However, I did like Not Another Teen Movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"