Cringeworthy Moments in Good Movies

Neo and Trinity making love in Matrix Reloaded, you got that funky rave party going on with with people all dirty and sweaty intermixed with Neo and Trinity's sweaty bodies.

Neo and Trinity making love in Matrix Reloaded, you got that funky rave party going on with with people all dirty and sweaty intermixed with Neo and Trinity's sweaty bodies.
The Frenchman's character was so annoying IMO

Every time Scarlett Johansson did one of those poses for the camera after she takes down a guy in IM2.

"I dun know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies!" from Gone with the Wind.

Black Widow's introduction in the Avengers.

In the movie Thor when Portman says "Oh My God". valley girl.

Iron man 2 whenever the women are yelling at Tony it like a Gilmore girls episode, when I first saw the film I didn't really understand what is they were upset about. I still don't.

I like the film Daredevil, but the fight between Matt and Elektra in the playground, I can't enjoy that on any level.

I've never cringed in a Nolan film, though I do concede that death scene was below Cotillard's ability. It just doesn't bother me, neither do the extras throughout BB and TDK, I think its cause they are just extras and not a major part of the story. ASM does good job as well.

First Class and X2 are without cringe moments in my opinion. i guess the codename part is dumb but lawrence plays it off really well.

When I first saw SR I thought it was good, but now a lot of the movie comes off as embarrassing. I cringe so much through the film that I cant finish it. STM still holds up though, the campy Lex Luthors jokes are actually still funny. and the film make me want to be a better person everytime just as a superhero film should do.

The big hands in Star Trek. The whole india scene in Ghost protocol.

Cobie Smulders as Agent Maria Hill. Never believed she was a SHIELD agent for one second.

The scene in Iron Man where Coulson and the other agents put a bomb on the door an all turn around simultaneously. Felt corny.

Black Widow's introduction in the Avengers.

In the movie Thor when Portman says "Oh My God". valley girl.

Definitely agree with the "Oh my god" line as well as the delivery.

I thought Black Widow's introduction in the Avengers was alright but thought it was dumb when she said "you really think I'm beautiful?"

I still don't get why that was in the script. Does she have low self esteem and thinks she's ugly?? :huh: It would have made more sense coming from someone like Maggie Gyllenhaal.

I think I am one that finds the hilariousness of Bale's growl in TDK and TDKR, but I also love how that goes along with the "nature of the beast" and how Bale's Batman is meant to be, so it's hard to say it's cringeworthy to me.

I think it was one guy that had a ton of one liners, and then the other guy was later revealed to be Gordon.

"Is that a bazooka?!"

So you're speaking on just one guy as Gordon didn't say one word while pretending to be some regular SWAT member.

Off the top of my head:
-Maggie's line in TDK "Jim Gordon? He's a friend, try to be nice" ... i dont know if it's the way she says it or what, but :doh:
-The following exchange in ROTS:
ANAKIN: You are so beautiful!
PADME: It's only because I'm so in love . . .
ANAKIN: No, it's because I'm so in love with you.
PADME: So love has blinded you?
ANAKIN: Well, that's not exactly what I meant . . .
PADME: But it's probably true! :doh:
-Miranda Tate's death in TDKR comes to mind as well, but at least this one makes me laugh :hehe:

Oh, everything involving Arwen in the LOTR trilogy. F****** horrendous. The tear drenched melodrama almost gave me seizures. I dread what Jackson is gonna do with the Lost chick in the Hobbit.

So you're speaking on just one guy as Gordon didn't say one word while pretending to be some regular SWAT member.

Okay, let me explain it once again. The cop with the one liners. He annoyed me. End of story. lol

Just letting you know that there was one guy to begin with, lol.

You don't want to continue saying there was two guys and have more people trying to correct you, now would you? Haha.

lol is it just me, or are all the cops annoying in the Nolan trilogy? They seem to have all the one liners.

What is that? Is that a tank? I didn't sign up for this! Is that a bazooka?

They weren't annoying in TDKR.

If anyone says "You are in for a show tonight, son" is annoying, then they can just go to hell :o

They weren't annoying in TDKR.

If anyone says "You are in for a show tonight, son" is annoying, then they can just go to hell :o

I could have sworn one of the cops said something stupid during the chase scene.

Nope...unless you thought it was cheesy when his partner shot at Batman's EMP gun.

Oh, everything involving Arwen in the LOTR trilogy. F****** horrendous. The tear drenched melodrama almost gave me seizures. I dread what Jackson is gonna do with the Lost chick in the Hobbit.

I wouldn't call it horrendous but it did bug the hell out of me. Slowed down the films quite a bit.

Definitely agree with the "Oh my god" line as well as the delivery.

I thought Black Widow's introduction in the Avengers was alright but thought it was dumb when she said "you really think I'm beautiful?"

I still don't get why that was in the script. Does she have low self esteem and thinks she's ugly?? :huh: It would have made more sense coming from someone like Maggie Gyllenhaal.

She was being sardonic...it's called banter, she wasn't being serious, I felt her tone and facial expression made this pretty obvious.

The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises are two of my favourite movies of all time but they really should have ironed out some of those cops a bit. Just edit them out, they weren't needed.

Gordon's "Get Ready!" or whatever he says when the bomb truck is coming in Rises sounds so strange to me but I wouldn't necessarily say cringe worthy.

In The Avengers, I found the ending so contrived and cringe worthy. I had problems with the movie up to that point but nothing was cringe worthy to me. I didn't care for the climax much (felt it was a let down after the great Helicarrier fight that overshadowed it for me) but the cringe worthy part was the "Phantom Menace" cop out ending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"