Cringeworthy Moments in Good Movies

That whole introduction was pretty corny IMO.

As much as I love her, alot of Lawrence's stuff in X-Men First Class.

She was perfect in Silver Lining's Playbook. But she had some bad moments in FC.

I do feel like that was the fault of the material, though, not her acting. I mean, her arc in the film is essentially "Hey, I think I like being blue! Blue RULES!" I just feel like the role wasn't given much too much depth.

The teenage mutants were indeed cringeworthy in First Class.

Captain America's reference to Hitler while in Germany. Ugh.

I thought Black Widow's introduction in the Avengers was alright but thought it was dumb when she said "you really think I'm beautiful?"

I still don't get why that was in the script. Does she have low self esteem and thinks she's ugly?? :huh: It would have made more sense coming from someone like Maggie Gyllenhaal.

Yeah I just can't stand the whole talking to Coulson while she is being tortured and saying that this guy is giving her everything. It sucks all the seriousness out of the scene and really her character throughout the film. They could have introduced her as a serious spy and it would not only laid out more audience interest in her character, but put the burden on the audience to take the entire team seriously. Though I think that the audience does eventually invest in the Avengers as a team. It still left the spies lacking, which really sucks in my opinion because for me that is what is special for the avengers, they are navy seal team 6 with superpowers.

Anyways, small rant

She was being sardonic...it's called banter, she wasn't being serious, I felt her tone and facial expression made this pretty obvious.

the moment was played off as a joke, that was enough to make me roll my eyes, that and the scene is just poor in every respect.

80% of the jokes in BB and TDK.
I have to agree there. Some of it works, some of it doesn’t. I like the “oh you have a panic room” one in TDK because it plays up to the selfish jerk nature of Bruce's image. But the BB Tumbler chase and so on I’m not hot about.
Neo and Trinity making love in Matrix Reloaded, you got that funky rave party going on with with people all dirty and sweaty intermixed with Neo and Trinity's sweaty bodies.
The Zion scenes in Reloaded dragged on way too much. I honestly think if those parts were excised or more harshly trimmed I’d like the movie more. I didn’t really like the presentation either. I was thinking just get out of this place and enter the matrix again.

lol is it just me, or are all the cops annoying in the Nolan trilogy? They seem to have all the one liners.

What is that? Is that a tank? I didn't sign up for this! Is that a bazooka?
You forgot the classic "No more dead kawps!"

"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing." - Captain America

I'm pretty sure that's Hitler. Either way, that's really bad writing.

"I'm bringing the party to you guys" - Iron Man
"I don't see how that's a party." - Black Widow

I actually really enjoyed the humor in Batman Begins. :woot:
"Didn't you get the memo?" haha

I love Bruce's response to Fox about the toxin. "Well, you know how it is, Mr Fox. You're out at night, looking for kicks, someone's passing around the weaponized hallucinogens."

That movie is full of them but to me the worst was the kid shouting "Nein!!!!!!". Ugh!

Raven ditching Charles after he just got shot is up there as well.

Yea what is with screaming kid scenes in Origins XFC and Wolverine. Young Logan in the beginning...sooo friggin' dumb. Though i realize Wolverine wasnt a good flick, i just wanted to point out the same lame idea.

Lets see...Temple of Doom...everything Kate Capshaw.

Captain America's reference to Hitler while in Germany. Ugh.

It could be a reference to Hitler but also a reference to Red Skull, too. Can't see how anyone would immediately think of Hitler when Cap dealt with Red Skull in First Avenger.

Because it was WW2. :huh:
Almost everyone would immediately think Hitler.

After Matt Damon comes back from taking down Nicholson in "The Departed", he thanks this lady at the office. She says, "No...thank you."

Whole theater lost it.

I know I'll get some flack for this, but the Tantive scene at the end of Revenge of the Sith. Specifically, had they finished some of the delted scenes, but as it stands some parts come off weird, and others come off as completely out of nowehere.

"Bail: "I'll...take the girl. My wife and I have...always wanted a baby girl."

"And old friend has returned from the netherworld of the force."
"Qui-gon!"

How...how did you just get that Obi-wan? I guess the old friend line, but when you consider every one of their friends was pretty much dead, there may have been options.

In Silent Hill, I cringe every time I hear that "mother is god in the eyes of a child" line

It could be a reference to Hitler but also a reference to Red Skull, too. Can't see how anyone would immediately think of Hitler when Cap dealt with Red Skull in First Avenger.

Why would he be referencing Red Skull in front of a bunch of German people that didn't even know he existed? It was Hitler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"