Arrowverse General CRISIS on Infinite Earths - 5 show crossover (TAG SPOILERS!)

I hadnt been spoiled on DT either...though I am not super mad about it.

I’m thinking that maybe

Now that the herd is thinned and down to the 7 core heroes the last two episodes have the potential to end this thing strong. These crossovers are at their best when its the main heroes interacting with each other and fighting together. Perhaps there were just too many balls they were juggling in parts 1-3 and now they get to streamline and keep the story focused for the finale.

Correction...

Make that 5 Heroes, 1 Civilian, and 1 Pain in the Ass villain.

And if you wan to get into detail, one of the five heroes shouldn't even be on that list and is only there because she has a show while another hero (MM) should have been replaced with Black Lightning.

Spoilers never bug me. I liked Titans Season 1 haven't gotten around to watching Season 2. No worries :)

Regarding the paragons, I feel like they really should’ve gone two ways with them; either focus them on known characters from the known earths, and from the known shows, or make them all guest characters.

KC Superman, Ryan Choi, Power Girl (from a different Earth, obviously), a white Wally West (again, different Earth), the Ray (Earth-X), a version of Swamp Thing and ... Lucifer Morningstar(?)

Black Lightening should’ve definitely been one of them though, or maybe even Jennifer(?), and I’m pleased that J’onn is too.

Could’ve had paragons be all support characters; Jen, J’onn, Dinah, Cisco (or Ronnie via Firestorm), Ralph (or that new girl working for Iris), Constantine and Vixen?

Regarding the paragons, I feel like they really should’ve gone two ways with them; either focus them on known characters from the known earths, and from the known shows, or make them all guest characters.

KC Superman, Ryan Choi, Power Girl (from a different Earth, obviously), a white Wally West (again, different Earth), the Ray (Earth-X), a version of Swamp Thing and ... Lucifer Morningstar(?)

Black Lightening should’ve definitely been one of them though, or maybe even Jennifer(?), and I’m pleased that J’onn is too.

Could’ve had paragons be all support characters; Jen, J’onn, Dinah, Cisco (or Ronnie via Firestorm), Ralph (or that new girl working for Iris), Constantine and Vixen?

Agreed. It made no sense for the Monitor to say that the paragons were scattered throughout the multi-verse when most of the group were comprised of individuals from just two of them.

If I had thing my way, I would have selected the following to be the Paragons for this crossover:

- KC Superman
- Supergirl
- Flash (Earth 1)
- Black Lightning
- Black Siren
- J'onn Jones

Can you imagine on what the crossover would have been like if we had placed the focus on the seven listed above? Jeez, I'd watch the **** out of that crossover.

Never liked this paragons thing. The comic sure didn’t have that.

Don’t forget this Sunday is the Crisis comic by Marv Wolfman and Marc Guggenheim. Let’s not forget they’re writing the Arrow part.

- KC Superman
- Supergirl
- Flash (Earth 1)
- Black Lightning
- Black Siren
- J'onn Jones

Can you imagine on what the crossover would have been like if we had placed the focus on the seven listed above? Jeez, I'd watch the **** out of that crossover.
You’ve only listed six. :p Who’d of been your seventh?

It should've been all the core Earth-1 + Earth-38 heroes as a given and then seven paragons from other Earths:
Black Lightning
Earth-90 Flash (John Wesley Shipp)
Earth-2 Black Siren (Katie Cassidy)
Earth-96 Superman (Brandon Routh)
Earth-203 Huntress (Ashley Scott)
Earth-167 Clark (Tom Welling)
Earth-53 Ray (or, rather, Earth-1's Ray who replaced him on Earth-53)
Earth-9 Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaits)

That would be fairly doable and much more interesting. It should go without saying that Flash, Supergirl, Superman, Green Arrow, White Canary, Batwoman, Martian Manhunter, and all their sidekicks would be there. The early part of the Crisis should've been about finding the other multiverse heroes and then actually giving them all something to do, while the core characters save the day in the end.

You’ve only listed six. :p Who’d of been your seventh?

Whoops. My bad, I can't believe that I had counted that wrong. Hmm.... seventh member huh?

In an ideal world, a member from the Titans show, preferably Nightwing.

But realistically speaking, I would have picked Katana (equipped with her soul stealing sword) as the seventh member.

It should've been all the core Earth-1 + Earth-38 heroes as a given and then seven paragons from other Earths:
Black Lightning
Earth-90 Flash (John Wesley Shipp)
Earth-2 Black Siren (Katie Cassidy)
Earth-96 Superman (Brandon Routh)
Earth-203 Huntress (Ashley Scott)
Earth-167 Clark (Tom Welling)
Earth-53 Ray (or, rather, Earth-1's Ray who replaced him on Earth-53)
Earth-9 Dick Grayson (Brenton Thwaits)

That would be fairly doable and much more interesting. It should go without saying that Flash, Supergirl, Superman, Green Arrow, White Canary, Batwoman, Martian Manhunter, and all their sidekicks would be there. The early part of the Crisis should've been about finding the other multiverse heroes and then actually giving them all something to do, while the core characters save the day in the end.

Agreed that this is what Crisis should have been - Arrowverse finding, gathering, and teaming up with heroes from other Earths as they're past film/ tv heroes and DCU shows.

Monitor, Harbinger, and Pariah had the powers to transport them out of there before their Earths were destroyed.

I saw this interview with Marc Guggenheim on ET. Answers my question about the three Supermen scene. I guess Berlanti was wrong or they are keeping it a surprise

With Welling, Hoechlin and Routh representing the red and blue on "Crisis," did the writers ever write a scene where the three Clark Kents interacted? "We never wrote that, but like Caroline was saying, in terms of putting Brandon and Tom in a scene together, they were working across purposes because we wanted Brandon at the Daily Planet and we wanted Tom on the farm," said Arrow-verse executive producer Marc Guggenheim, pointing instead to the recently announced "Crisis" comic book from DC Comics. "But... the desire to have multiple Supermen is what inspired the backup story in the 'Crisis' two-parter [in the new comics, announced Thursday]. It's every Lex Luthor you can imagine and every Superman you can imagine. So at least we're doing that."

I know there's already a huge heap of characters involved in Crisis, but is anyone else ... disappointed by the lack of characters that aren't involved, that should be?

I'm not talking about characters that should be in it because they should exist in the CWDC Universe (like the Lantern Corps), but more characters such as Firestorm, Kid Flash, Hawkman & Hawkgirl (as poorly received as they were), Deathstroke, Kitana, Thea (she hasn't even met her niece and nephew yet), Snart (Captain/Citizen Cold), and many, many more.

I know we've still got two parts to come, but I can't see any of the above featuring in either. It's a shame the CW couldn't do a ten episode crossover, with two episodes per show (or twelve episode, two of which would've been for Black Lightening). They could've really slowed down the pace then, focused on some more known characters, and showed us what the likes of Grodd, Thawne and the hell dimension were dealing (or not) with this antimatter wave.

Couldn't agree with this more. Shame they opted to over focus on their existing characters, and I swear if they're not trying to push Batwoman... Maybe I'm bias.

But realistically speaking, I would have picked Katana (equipped with her soul stealing sword) as the seventh member.
She'd have been a good shout actually.

I saw this interview with Marc Guggenheim on ET. Answers my question about the three Supermen scene. I guess Berlanti was wrong or they are keeping it a surprise
I guess there will be no three Superman scene after all.

Would anyone have liked to have seen Nicholas Cage as a Superman? It seems that they did actually reach out to him:

Arrow boss asked a surprise Hollywood star to play in crossover

It would've been cool as a cameo. Also would've been good to have Gerard Christopher, John Haymes Newton and Tim Daly as alternate Supermen.
I'm glad they didn't to be honest. It would've been more a WTF cameo, and he'd have likely been a costly cameo at that. Routh's Superman stole the Kryptonian show for me. It's a shame we're unlikely to see him again.

Yep. I guess
KC Superman and SV Clark are staying dead now.
Dead depends on the restoration post antimatter wave. I did think it odd(?) that SV Clark wasn't remotely cared about helping; he's essentially written his own demise. It's great that he wants to live the family life, but guess what Clark, if you don't help, there's no universe and thus no family life. Whey to go genius!

I did think it odd(?) that SV Clark wasn't remotely cared about helping; he's essentially written his own demise. It's great that he wants to live the family life, but guess what Clark, if you don't help, there's no universe and thus no family life. Whey to go genius!

First, I don't get the sense that SV Clark totally bought that the threat was real. The three visitors didn't have much time to make themselves credible, and Lois interrupted to make it out that a universe hopping, homicidal Lex was the main threat. So I don't know if Clark thought it was really happening. Plus, they were really only looking for the Paragon; he clearly wasn't it. It's not like they went recruiting across the multiverse picking up Supermen or that all available heroes in the Arrowverse are pitching in.

Once the trio and Lex zapped away, there's not much SV Clark can do to if he doesn't have someone like the Monitor, Pariah, or Harbinger zapping him into the fight like was done with Black Lightning, for example. The Monitor even restored Vibe's powers to help in the fight against the Anti-Monitor. Therefore, if SV Clark was needed, he was either going to require more convincing or someone to make it happen.

I'm at Episode 2 and I got a question:

Is the Earth-96 Superman supposed to be a mix between Reeve's Superman ('Superman 3' happened) and Routh's Superman Returns version (Jason)?

In the set photos they had a picture of Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne in a newspaper article or a photo frame from Earth 89. But we didn't see this picture in the final product. Was it cut or is this something we're still yet to see?

In the set photos they had a picture of Michael Keaton as Bruce Wayne in a newspaper article or a photo frame from Earth 89. But we didn't see this picture in the final product. Was it cut or is this something we're still yet to see?
That's right, they did. It was the newspaper announcement of Bruce Wayne's engagement to Selina Kyle.

That's right, they did. It was the newspaper announcement of Bruce Wayne's engagement to Selina Kyle.

I can't see how it could feature into the last 2 parts now, unless they are still planning to retain the multiverse concept and not merge everything into one earth.

But if they don't have the multiverse anymore, that means no more having a different Wells each season of Flash, and they're stuck with the one they've got now. And also it would erase other shows from existence like Smallville where they have their own separate lives.

I'm at Episode 2 and I got a question:

Is the Earth-96 Superman supposed to be a mix between Reeve's Superman ('Superman 3' happened) and Routh's Superman Returns version (Jason)?

Yes. Earth-96 is where Superman: the Movie, Superman II, Superman III, Supergirl, Superman IV: the Quest for Peace, and Superman Returns take place.

They're just ignoring all the massive, ridiculous timeline inconsistencies.

Yes. Earth-96 is where Superman: the Movie, Superman II, Superman III, Supergirl, Superman IV: the Quest for Peace, and Superman Returns take place.

They're just ignoring all the massive, ridiculous timeline inconsistencies.

What is the significance of the number 96? I thought they would've called it Earth 78 after when Superman the Movie came out in theatres.

I did think it odd(?) that SV Clark wasn't remotely cared about helping; he's essentially written his own demise. It's great that he wants to live the family life, but guess what Clark, if you don't help, there's no universe and thus no family life. Whey to go genius!
To be fair to SV Clark he did actually tell Lois that the Multiverse is apparently ending and he looked a little worried when he said that. Also the trio of Clark, Lois and Iris all disappeared before they could fully explain the situation to him and possibly recruit him as a Paragon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"