Arrowverse General CRISIS on Infinite Earths - 5 show crossover (TAG SPOILERS!)

After watching the post-Crisis shows so far, here are the following from the most to the least affected by the Crisis - Supergirl, Batwoman, and Black Lightning.

But they could always explore to see if there's one out there by using a breach or the device Cisco built. Otherwise it's like saying all the planets outside of the earth are unknown to humans.
Ciscos device shouldnt work anymore and who knows if he is still able to breach between worlds. New World, new rules. And there is no reason to go looking if you think everything is destroyed.
The devices Cisco used wouldn’t exist anymore though. He probably has devices that link to the new multiverse, or will do.

Last edited:
MG confirmed that The New Multiverse is unknown to Earth Prime.
Pretty sure John Wesley Shipp will be back on that show before too long as Jay Garrick. Plus they left that Harry/Jessie plot thread dangling.
I don’t ever feel like we’re going to get a Harry & Jessie explication, nor are we ever likely to see the accelerated man payoff from Gypsies Earth (if it even exists anymore).

In theory, every encounter any of our heroes have ever had with someone from another Earth is, as far as MG is implying, never happened.

No Jay Garrick. No Breacher. No Deathstorm. Hell, no Zoom. Don’t even get me started on Laurel Lance. I can’t help but think MG doesn’t know what he’s talking about or has been misquoted.

I can’t remember who it was now, but when Barry & Kara we’re together on Earth Prime, someone (I think Barry) said ‘why are you in my Earth’ or something, and someone else (maybe Ray) said ‘wait, Supergirl has her own Earth’ implying that the multiverse wasn’t that much of a shock.

I’ve also got to wonder...

1. As he was an original paragon, does Superrouth remember the crisis event?
  2. The flash forward future of S7 Arrow (which now doesn’t exist) had Felicity depart with the Monitor to be with Ollie. Would that still take place as that future no longer exists, and that Monitor no longer exists.
...there was something else too, but I’ve forgotten what that was now.

Thinking about this crossover, I'd want to watch each episode back to back without a break in between to determine how I'd rank Crisis. I really did enjoy this one and think it has the potential to surpass Crisis on Earth-X as my favorite of the crossovers, but I'd want a second look at this. What really helped this above others were just the Easter Eggs and tributes.

That, to me, is fan-service done right, even if I have my issues with how Kevin Conroy's Batman was portrayed here.

Similarly with the comics, I don't like it that everyone will remember that Anti-Monitor attacked the condensed universe. Isn't Crisis supposed to be a total reboot where everyone forgets the events of the past? If anyone aside from the paragons makes mention of Anti-Monitor's attacks, then it basically undermines the premise of the crossover by starting from stratch.

Similarly with the comics, I don't like it that everyone will remember that Anti-Monitor attacked the condensed universe. Isn't Crisis supposed to be a total reboot where everyone forgets the events of the past? If anyone aside from the paragons makes mention of Anti-Monitor's attacks, then it basically undermines the premise of the crossover by starting from stratch.
Well, Martian Manhunter gave a lot of non-Paragons their memory of the Crisis back, so pretty much all of our heroes remember the Anti-Monitor. Lex Luthor has now told his Mother about the Crisis, so she knows too.

Well, Martian Manhunter gave a lot of non-Paragons their memory of the Crisis back, so pretty much all of our heroes remember the Anti-Monitor. Lex Luthor has now told his Mother about the Crisis, so she knows too.
Yeah. And I don't like that at all. Lol. It's so counter-intuitive to the whole premise of the crossover. If you're going to do a complete reboot, then only the core characters or a lone character should remember the events.

Yeah. And I don't like that at all. Lol. It's so counter-intuitive to the whole premise of the crossover. If you're going to do a complete reboot, then only the core characters or a lone character should remember the events.
Like it or not it happened. But one thing I like is that the Crisis has caused lasting effects on all the shows so far.

No Jay Garrick. No Breacher. No Deathstorm. Hell, no Zoom. Don’t even get me started on Laurel Lance. I can’t help but think MG doesn’t know what he’s talking about or has been misquoted.

I can’t remember who it was now, but when Barry & Kara we’re together on Earth Prime, someone (I think Barry) said ‘why are you in my Earth’ or something, and someone else (maybe Ray) said ‘wait, Supergirl has her own Earth’ implying that the multiverse wasn’t that much of a shock.

MG put this crossover together, he of all people knows what's up....and you cant misquote a direct tweet lol.

As we've seen in SG, somehow all these doppelgangers managed to slip through to Prime during the reformation. Ray knows SG is an alien so the thought of a different Earth probably isnt that big of a thing but they dont know for sure (until they've taken their J'onn cocktail)

Remember, the Anti-Monitor did attack the new Earth Prime in the finale.

MG put this crossover together, he of all people knows what's up....and you cant misquote a direct tweet lol.
Maybe he meant something else then?

If MG is to be taken at his word, then Flash hasn’t fought Zoom yet, and Grodd’s status on Earth 2 is no more.

I’m sure Grodd can be overlooked, but Zoom was an entire seasons worth of story. How can they possibly erase that?

Unless of course Zoom was an Earth-Prime villain but then his entire backstory is now obsolete as are his initiations and conflict with Barry.

Partially related to current discussions too...

In this new Earth where both Bruce Wayne and Clark Kent exist (even though Bruce is absent) I do wonder whether they’re friends, or have been, and whether Clark would know where Bruce is, and whether he’ll be the one to reign him in when the time comes for Batman on the small screen.

Easier to just leave this here..
Well Crisis has done practically nothing for the BL show, nor for any other show to be honest.

They’ve practically just thrown all the shows together in a new reality where each core character should be dealing with very different circumstances yet there are very few differences and the stories are practically continuing on as if they’re all back on their separate earths.

Might as well had just not merged the shows if this is the result.

I’ve also got to wonder...

1. As he was an original paragon, does Superrouth remember the crisis event?
  2. The flash forward future of S7 Arrow (which now doesn’t exist) had Felicity depart with the Monitor to be with Ollie. Would that still take place as that future no longer exists, and that Monitor no longer exists.
...there was something else too, but I’ve forgotten what that was now.

They could touch on Kingdom Come Superman being the original Paragon of Truth and confronting the Justice League/ Super-Friends about this concerning Lex Luthor in future crossovers, perhaps in Superman and Lois and Supergirl.

Easier to just leave this here..

Well it does feel a bit like they're on separate earths still. I would've liked to have seen at least one show drop their season storyline and question what happened to them. Would be cool if they found they were suddenly dealing with a completely different storyline and wondered how they arrived at that.

That would've been one approach to the boring Cicada plot in Flash last year. Just drop him and solve everything, and give him a new villain suddenly. Then Team Flash would have to try to piece together how they've come to be fighting this new villain and what their history is with him.

It's a shame that both Supergirl and Batwoman are dealing with multiverse mishaps that should have been dealt with before the Crisis. They're probably apologizing for not building up to it.

So looking back at this event, do you guys feel like the expensive cameos that we got justified the smaller (cheaper looking) scale battle sequences that we were given? Or would you guys have sacrificed a few of the cameos for better quality scenes?

I am still trying to figure out on why Shipp's Flash to die seeing as how sacrifice made no real difference in the end. At least Oliver's first death led to him becoming the Spectre.

Would be cool if they found they were suddenly dealing with a completely different storyline and wondered how they arrived at that.
This is what we should’ve got, I couldn’t agree more. Flash returns to a word where Zoom or Grodd is suddenly a problem, or Supergirl wakes up to find Reign still around. Then again, I don’t see how the paragons don’t recall their new histories. Surely they’d all be a complete mess?

So looking back at this event, do you guys feel like the expensive cameos that we got justified the smaller (cheaper looking) scale battle sequences that we were given? Or would you guys have sacrificed a few of the cameos for better quality scenes?
Scratch both the fight scenes and cameos, and just give me a more coherent story with higher actual stakes and noticeable changes to the timeline that have our heroes asking all sorts of questions.

I am still trying to figure out on why Shipp's Flash to die seeing as how sacrifice made no real difference in the end. At least Oliver's first death led to him becoming the Spectre.
All things considered, Ship’s Flash is still potentially out there somewhere in the new multiverse.

Looks like Amell was not happy with his first death scene and quite honestly i felt that first one was absolutely piss poor and set a bad tone for the whole crossover.

Stephen Amell Let Down By Green Arrow's First Death Scene In Crisis On Infinite Earths

Amell’s complaint seems to be about the mechanics of production - the fact that it was a Supergirl crew who filmed the first death scene, the fact that the other actors in the scene weren’t physically there to play against, etc. Fair enough. But these BTS issues were largely invisible to the viewer. I.e., given the material he had to work with, Amell gave a reasonably good “dying” performance.

The real problem with the scene is that - as it turned out - it was one of two deaths. Moreover, Ollie's noble sacrifice (that saved an extra billion or so people) ended up being irrelevant.

Last edited:
He should've asked for a death scene in each of the 5 episodes. :o At least one of them would've been to his satisfaction.

What if when the Paragons Care Bear stared the new Universe/Multiverse into existence they put a bit of their own desires into it. Lex assshat that he is would’ve done it on purpose, he made himself the hero he thought he always was. For the others it would’ve been unconsciously. Kate used the picture Kara gave her and created a Beth. Kara got Argo back and if not for Lex would’ve had a chance to tell Lena she’s Supergirl before he did. Sara wanted recognition for her team, so the Legions are famous. For all we know J’onn created peace on Mars. We haven’t seen a post-crisis Flash yet so maybe on Earth-Prime Henry Allen didn’t die.

Looks like Amell was not happy with his first death scene and quite honestly i felt that first one was absolutely piss poor and set a bad tone for the whole crossover.

Stephen Amell Let Down By Green Arrow's First Death Scene In Crisis On Infinite Earths
I don't mean to sound (too) harsh, but considering Stephen allegedly needed some persuading for Season 8, and was more interested in the money, not to mention giving up on his workout regime, he's ever so slightly hypocritical with his words.

Imagine if the Crisis brought back the Arrowverse's most boring villains for everyone to fight again, like Cicada or Ricardo Diaz. After taking ages to defeat them they've got to do it all over again now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"