Arrowverse General CRISIS on Infinite Earths - 5 show crossover (TAG SPOILERS!)

danlav05

Civilian
Reaction score
There didn't seem to be one so I thought I'd start a thread covering the whole of the coming crossover - it will be 5 hours over 2 quarters (so before and after Christmas?) covering Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Batwoman.

Huge! I hope soem of the many Earths are represented by veterans of old DC shows or even movies, that would be crazy and exciting.

First "Crisis on Infinite Earths" Key Art Released

If we can get Flash from 1990 TV series, we should be able to get Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, Burt Ward Robin, or young Bruce Wayne & Selina Kyle from Gotham.

Also don't expect Black Lightning, Titans, Doom Patrol, Swamp Thing, and Star Girl to be a part of it. I feel Black Lightning fits in the DC Universe streaming network than CW.

I know I am in the minority but I wish the CW "Arrowverse" would stop these crossovers. For starters I believe all the shows would fit better if they lived in their own universe, secondly it comes off cheap when you try copy something that happened in the comics but you can't have characters like Batman or Wonder Woman. In regards to the cheapness I also don't like how certain characters will only appear in one of the 4 or 5 episodes

I can see Green Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, and a couple of Legends appearing in all 5 parts.

I can see Green Arrow, Flash, Supergirl, Batwoman, and a couple of Legends appearing in all 5 parts.

The problem for me is when you get a character say like Caitlin and Cisco appear in the Flash episode then they are completely ignored the other episodes. I get why from a production standpoint you might do that but from an on screen product it just comes off cheap

The problem for me is when you get a character say like Caitlin and Cisco appear in the Flash episode then they are completely ignored the other episodes. I get why from a production standpoint you might do that but from an on screen product it just comes off cheap

If they're not in episodes beyond their respective ones, they must give a reason why they're not in the episode story-wise.

If we can get Flash from 1990 TV series, we should be able to get Lynda Carter Wonder Woman, Burt Ward Robin, or young Bruce Wayne & Selina Kyle from Gotham.

I won't lie - my hopes are set WAAAY too high for this sort of thing. Surely Flash 90 is on the way back?

Smallville characters (Arrow meets Arrow? Finally get Welling suited up?), Lois & Clark, a Superman from another world who looks just like Ray Palmer?

Also DC Daily unearthed the Superman Lives/FlyBy unused suit so it would be nice to see that make a cameo. (yes, an object, not a person!)

As expected that all three of Arrow, Flash, and Supergirl ends with the Crisis tease. I wonder how Legends will tease Crisis.

The text on the front page of the paper, as it appeared in "Legacy," can be read in full below:

After an extreme battle with the Reverse-Flash, our city's very own Scarlet Speedster disappeared in an explosion of light. The cause of the fight is currently unknown. According to witnesses, The Flash, with help from Star City's Green Arrow, White Canary, Supergirl, Batwoman and a slew of other legendary heroes, began fighting the Reverse-Flash around midnight last night. The sky took on a deep crimson color as the ensuing battle created the most destruction this city has seen since The Flash first arrived to Central City.

Several trucks were caught in the fray, spilling their contents into the street. Power outages swept nearly twenty city blocks, between 16th Street and Adams Avenue. Five of those blocks still remain without power. All of the buildings in the area were evacuated by the CCPD, with additional help from The Atom.

According to reports, as The Flash and Reverse-Flash battled with each other between two overturned tanker trucks, the lightning emanating from the speedsters threatened to ignite spilled oil leaking from one of the trucks.

The smoke from the truck engine made it difficult to see, but it appeared at one point they were having a very heated argument before continuing the fight. Then, suddenly, The Flash sped after Reverse-Flash, and the two vanished, leaving Green Arrow and the others behind.

An eyewitness who watched the battle from her apartment building before being evacuated said, "It was hard to see, but The Flash and Reverse-Flash were zipping up and down Monroe Avenue and then there was a whole bunch of lightning, and then nothing. It was weird."

Other witnesses described a familiar phenomenon: a blinding light followed by darkness. Then the sky returned to black. And as the street quieted, it took only a moment to realize The Flash and Reverse-Flash were gone without a trace.

Central City Police Captain, Joe West, held a press conference in the wee hours of the morning, stating, "We don't have very many details right now. What we do know is tonight Central City's greatest protector vanished in a flash. We can only hope he returns just as quickly." A sentiment shared by all who call this great city home.
Flash's Crisis on Infinite Earths Update May Spell Reverse-Flash's Doom

I know the DC Universe streaming tv shows are their own continuity apart from the Arrowverse shows, but I wonder if they will have their own crossovers and touch on the Crisis.

It's probably not a popular opinion, but I'd rather not have the Legends in this. The show has become too ... gimmicky to be taken seriously with the other shows. Don't get me wrong, it works great as a stand alone show, but to (now) put those characters into a setting with Ollie, Barry and Kara, I'd honestly rather them not.

I am intrigued whether Batwoman is going to feature at all though, and who else we may see from other worlds. Could the CW (for the crossover) find the extra budget to include a Green Lantern? Could we even see (a) Batman; could we see Owlman? Doesn't have to be a prime Bruce Wayne? Hell, give us a dark knight Thomas Wayne and I'll be happy.

This crossover will be the biggest of the CW crossovers, that goes without saying. I'm sure crossovers will continue in the years to come, but they're never going to be as big or as important as this one, so it's going to need to to leave a lasting impact.

How much you want to bet that after this crossover they never mention it again. Just like all the other ones.
Depending on how this falls, it's quite likely nobody will remember, short of maybe a few select heroes (maybe Barry?)

I'd love for the Smallville cast to get in on this. I know Welling is currently doing some new show in Ireland, but he could maybe make some time for a Clark Kent cameo in this. He probably wouldn't wear the suit, and I'd be fine with that. Of course Rosenbaum as Lex would be freaking amazing and Erica back as Lois.

I know I am in the minority but I wish the CW "Arrowverse" would stop these crossovers. For starters I believe all the shows would fit better if they lived in their own universe, secondly it comes off cheap when you try copy something that happened in the comics but you can't have characters like Batman or Wonder Woman. In regards to the cheapness I also don't like how certain characters will only appear in one of the 4 or 5 episodes
I get what you're saying although personally I prefer the crossovers. I tried but can't get into the CW shows (other than Black Lightning) although I hope that changes with Batwoman. But the crossovers I enjoy (I own Invasion! and Crisis on Earth-X). Each to their own, of course! :D

[URL="https://www.cbr.com/crisis-on-infinite-earths-underway-arrowverse/amp/"]The CW's Crisis on Infinite Earths Is Officially Underway[/URL]
D9YDnGBU0AEE9vA

Man getting really excited.

I know the chances are slim, but I really hope there's a Batman cameo - doesn't even have to be the Earth-1 Batman either, just (a) Batman. I'd settle for the appearance of a Green Lantern though, especially if it's Diggle (from another Earth).

I do wonder too whether it would be too much to bring Hawkgirl and Hawkman back in for this; their reality is going to be effected too.. Pretty sure Hawkgirl was at least mentioned at some point as being around when Barry vanishes...

The CW's Crisis On Infinite Earths Rumored To Begin Filming This Week

Production on The CW’s next crossover event may begin much earlier than expected. According to insider Lance Ausfresser in The DC Universe Crossover Facebook group, The Monitor actor LaMonica Garrett has revealed that he’s set to begin filming the highly-anticipated Crisis on Infinite Earths event this upcoming Monday.

If the date seems earlier than usual for the annual crossover, it appears that production on Crisis will run longer than its predecessors. Earlier this week, Arrowverse producer Marc Guggenheim seemingly confirmed on Twitter that work on the event had already begun. He even teased a special announcement coming to San Diego Comic-Con next month.

“Loving these so much. Everyone is hard at work already — the earliest start we’ve ever gotten on the crossovers — to make this as big and epic and FUN as we can conceivably manage. Don’t be surprised if we announce something pretty cool at SDCC…,” Guggenheim teased.

Given the size of this event, it’s possible that rather than filming the entirety of Crisis all at one time, the network will shoot snippets as production on each series begins and keep it going until closer to the midseason breaks when the crossover is likely to air. Although, without official word from The CW, we can’t confirm if Ausfresser’s information is accurate so be on the lookout for an official announcement sooner rather than later if the event is indeed beginning production this week.

I have a weird feeling that Oliver won't die during the crossover and that he will somehow survive.

I have a weird feeling that Oliver won't die during the crossover and that he will somehow survive.
I suspect you're right, simply because (at the end of Arrow's latest season) Felicity goes somewhere with the Monitor to be with Ollie.

I figure he's bound to another Earth, or somewhere else in the Universe and cannot return to Earth, but isn't dead, just trapped. Maybe mortals can't leave once they're wherever they are?

I suspect you're right, simply because (at the end of Arrow's latest season) Felicity goes somewhere with the Monitor to be with Ollie.

I figure he's bound to another Earth, or somewhere else in the Universe and cannot return to Earth, but isn't dead, just trapped. Maybe mortals can't leave once they're wherever they are?

Yeah it will be either he gets stuck/stays in the past (like Captain America in Endgame), goes to another Earth where he continues to be Green Arrow (it also means that identity will be a secret again in that Earth) or perhaps he will finally retire as Green Arrow and change his identity (like Batman in The Dark Knight Rises). I just feel that his "death" is a red herring and that perhaps Cisco will be the one who dies in the crossover.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"