The Dark Knight Crispin Glover Talk About The Joker

He didn't really say anything about it. He said that he was aware that there were a lot of online fans that wanted him for the part, but that was about it. :dry:

He doesn't seem nearly as bitter as his dad does. lol

Wow, he really looks and seems like he's finally gotten off of the hallucinogens and narcotics. Good to see he's finally become a bit normal.

He didn't really say anything about it. He said that he was aware that there were a lot of online fans that wanted him for the part, but that was about it. :dry:

He also say why he think he have not oportunity to make a casting test for the role

He also say why he think he have not oportunity to make a casting test for the role

Well he's wrong...seeing as Christian Bale and Cillian Murphy both got major roles w/out any big Hollywood blockbusters.

Bale and Murphy are good actors actually.

His point about needing to be in a big blockbuster was way off, see Bale, Murphy, Wilkinson.

Bale - America Psycho, Murphy - 28 Days Later, Wilkinson - just that damn good

and i know those 2 films weren't blockbusters, but they weren't unnoticed either..biggest thing Glover did was Willard, which was a bit underground. I agree he would have been a bad ass Joker, but I'm rather pleased with Ledger's performance. So doesn't matter much in my opinion

....am I the only one that remembers Back to the Future or what? Meh, guess it's small and I just thought it was big.

>_>

I don't think Glover would have been able to pull off what Ledger seems to have been able to do with the Joker. I'm glad he was never thought about for the job and was never given the oportunity to audition. That's just me though.

He doesn't seem nearly as bitter as his dad does. lol
Yeah, seemed like he just enjoyed the fact that he was being mentioned so often for the role, but was aware it was, fortunately or unfortunately, a longshot at best.

....am I the only one that remembers Back to the Future or what? Meh, guess it's small and I just thought it was big.

>_>

No, everyone remembers it... and if they don't I'll remind them. With a DeLorean up the ass.

But anyway, I think that was too long ago to count towards his 2007-2008 star power. He kinda went off the radar for a couple decades.

if they do decide to reprise The Clown Prince of Crime in the next Batman, my choice would be J. Depp. If there is an actor that can pull it off it would be him.

THE SONS OF CRIPSIN'S FATHER
WILL RISE AGAIN!!!

MOOHOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

bruceglover1.jpg

I personally never want to see the Joker on film after TDK. I want a reference at the end of the Third with gordon saying just this: "He's back." So hopefully the end it with the joker getting away to build up his strength for a future fight with Bats. :p

Why do we have to go with Crispin Glover or another Joker. Im no Ledger fan but I hate recasts. They can now opt to drop the Joker arc going into the third film.

Why do we have to go with Crispin Glover or another Joker. Im no Ledger fan but I hate recasts. They can now opt to drop the Joker arc going into the third film.

As far as I'm concerned there is no Joker in part 3. Unless, someone can point me to a quote from Nolan that states otherwise.

Bale - America Psycho, Murphy - 28 Days Later, Wilkinson - just that damn good

and i know those 2 films weren't blockbusters, but they weren't unnoticed either..biggest thing Glover did was Willard, which was a bit underground. I agree he would have been a bad ass Joker, but I'm rather pleased with Ledger's performance. So doesn't matter much in my opinion

American Psycho was in no way close to a big movie. It was largely unnoticed by pretty much everyone that wasn't into dark indie films. Heck, the only reason more people know about it now is because they looked up more Bale movies after BB came out.

28 days later is much more well known then American Psycho.

As I've said in other threads, the only person I would trust being recast as the Joker is Johnny Depp.

To make a recast work, and actor would have to keep in sync with Ledger's portrayal of the Joker, and at the same time not just imitate Ledger because that would feel cheap and be disrespectful. So they would have to keep the same tone and basic attitude of Heath's Joker, but also bring enough of their own personality to the character to make it seem fresh and not just a copycat.

I think Depp is the only actor creative, and talented enough to pull this off. He dissapears into roles, but still brings his own attitue to it at the same time.

I don't think they will recast Joker. I mean, as B.A as Joker is, do we really want two movies with Joker as a villain? I mean, there are so many other characters in the Batman universe to explore. I guess he could possibly have a cameo in the third movie, locked away in Arkham or something, but if they did that, they could just cast a look alike, or use something not used in the final cut of TDK. There's no need at this point to create a whole new story revolving around the Joker, or to cast a big name actor to portray the character.

I think the whole big studio movie thing is a complete lie. Just look at Brandon Routh who had to step into the red boots of arguably the most popular comic book character of all time; Routh didn't even have one big movie before he played Superman. Also, Bale, Murphy, Ledger, etc. were hand picked by Mr. Nolan. The director chooses. I don't think Glover was considered, because, honestly, I don't think he would have been that good. Nolan picked Ledger because the guy has serious range; watch Brokeback Mountain. Ledger is smart; the voice, the mannerisms of the joker all come straight from Ledger's formulations. I don't think Glover is any where near as smart as Ledger. Glover plays the same character in every role: A nervous, nerdy, silly, zaney guy. That's all he can do. He's not on the same level as Ledger.

Wow, he really looks and seems like he's finally gotten off of the hallucinogens and narcotics. Good to see he's finally become a bit normal.

LOL ya but thats what made Crispin, well Crispin, oh well we cant all have our way.

I think the whole big studio movie thing is a complete lie. Just look at Brandon Routh who had to step into the red boots of arguably the most popular comic book character of all time; Routh didn't even have one big movie before he played Superman. Also, Bale, Murphy, Ledger, etc. were hand picked by Mr. Nolan. The director chooses. I don't think Glover was considered, because, honestly, I don't think he would have been that good. Nolan picked Ledger because the guy has serious range; watch Brokeback Mountain. Ledger is smart; the voice, the mannerisms of the joker all come straight from Ledger's formulations. I don't think Glover is any where near as smart as Ledger. Glover plays the same character in every role: A nervous, nerdy, silly, zaney guy. That's all he can do. He's not on the same level as Ledger.

I HIGHLY disagree with this, Glover is a great actor, he just chooses his parts very carefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"