Criss Angel: Mindfreak

Discussion in 'Misc. TV Series' started by jaguarr, Jul 22, 2005.

1. Superman The Man Of Steel (Is #1)

Thanks.

I looked up both and found out how the balducci effect is done but I can't find anything on how the king rising technique is done without buying some video. :(

2. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Max, I'm familiar with both King Rising and the Balducci Effect. He's figured out a new approach, and I think you're right that it's got elements from those two, but when I watched him clear himself up onto the seat of that chair in that restaurant and the clearance he got to do that, I have to confess that he had me stumped. Same with his ride up the escalator without touching a damn thing. I'll have to think about this a little more. The crane shots are relatively obvious, but I think he's figured out a new way to make those happen as well. The one that really got me was the one he did at the end of that levitation episode where he had the girl full on in the air, touching nothing or no one and the camera was circling around and catching the whole thing and the crowd's reaction in the background from all angles. Either he's got some major skill and some new ways of approaching some of this, or the real magician is the editor (as is the case with the Blaine "Street Magic" special).

jag

3. Hes nothin like david blaine david blaine is super fake
    but chris angel dude he rocks he floated 5-10 ft. david blaine did 3 inches and ive got proof that hes a fake go to this website he does summin called the balcuddi levitation act http://www.magiclearn.50megs.com/photo2.html

4. Roughneck Registered

He looked pretty good when I saw him last week, liked him better than Blaine.

5. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Well, if you want to be technical about it, ALL illusionists are "fake". It's their ability to make you think they've done something amazing that sets them apart. I agree with you. David Blaine is an ass and I don't find him all that impressive. Criss Angel, while a little over-dramatic at times, has an engaging persona and has actually stumped me on several of his tricks as to how he actually did it.

This past week's shows were okay. His barrel trick owed most of it's magic to his editor. The bed of the nails and the H2 were sort of underwhelming, though I do like seeing him doing more physical stunts that sometimes just require a lot of balls like his jumping up and down on broken glass or next week's show where he takes deep muscle tissue piercing and hanging from hooks to a new level when he does that while hanging from a helicopter! :eek:

jag

6. DBella Seducente/Mortale

I watched his show last Wednesday and now I've a date with him same time, same channel, every week! He's AWESOME! His illusions, magic, whatever you call it... it's mindblowing! I was playing frisbee yesterday and wished I could do what he did with it. Oh, and the card that end up OUTSIDE of the bus windshield... how in the world did he do that?! And the pins and thread!! Me made me believe in magic. :up:

What did I think of him? I think he's amazing! (and hot :o)

7. DBella Seducente/Mortale

This stunt you mentioned... it made me sick in the stomach. It looks SO painful. :( I am sure he'll succeed as otherwise, there won't be a "series".

8. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Well, I've seen people do seemingly much worse with hooks in their flesh, in all reality, but the fact that he's doing it hanging from a helicopter far above the ground is a little unnerving.

jag

9. DBella Seducente/Mortale

That's what makes the difference. Like you, I've seen people such things with their flesh, be it hooks or nails or anything sharp... but I've not seen them doing it hanging from a helicopter. OUCH!

10. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

I've seen Allen Falkner perform numerous times and he does far worse to his body with those hooks that Angel will be doing on his show next week. But...like we've mentioned...he doesn't do it 100 feet in the air, dangling from a moving helicopter.

jag

11. DBella Seducente/Mortale

OMG! Ouchies!! I've never heard of Allen Falkner before. Does he have a TV show too? Where can I see him "perform"?

12. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

He doesn't have a TV show. He's just very well known in the body modification and fetish circles. He usually performs at some of the more major body mod and fetish events. His show is quite something else. His signature piece is where he puts hooks in his back and his knees, puts on a beat up old cowboy hat and proceeds to "jump" up and down on the hooks in a fashion that makes him look like he's riding a bull. It's insane to watch and I've seen more than a few people, some of them hardened bikers and body mod enthusiasts who aren't squeamish, get queasy and yack while watching him. He also has a flair for picking up his lovely assistants and swinging them around while he's still hanging from his hooks.

jag

13. Valorman Registered

i dont care if all of it is an illusion.watch what he did with the frisbee and tell me that isint awesome

14. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Well, I'll be damned. I flip to Criss Angel's show last night to watch him get pierced through the back with heavy duty hooks and dangle from a helicopter and lo and behold, who's doing the piercing and the line rigging? Allen Falkner. Criss definitely got the best in the biz to help him with that stunt. I gotta give the guy props for doing what he did. That required no sleight of hand or trickery whatsoever. Just a pair of big brass balls. I kind of enjoyed the show last night because it really just focused on his focusing on being able to do this and the mental preparation he put himself through to do it, which is very reflective of the people who do this sort of body suspension. No magic tricks. No illusions. Just him vs. the pain and the fear. Kinda cool to see him do a show like that. And, yes, they flew his ass all over the desert canyons with that helicopter, him dangling from four large fish-hooks through the muscle tissue across his back. :eek:

jag

15. Superman=Routh Registered

*sings that goofy theme song*, mmmmm mmmmmm mind freakkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk. That song is so annoying

16. gap5ewl inconspicuous since '03.

i did the levitation trick "king something" on my mom and sis couple of days back and they started to freak out.. they were like wtf!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? so thank you criss angel for teaching me how to freak out my family. im going to show it to my firends next week lol

17. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Kinda stuck on that, aren't ya? :p

jag

18. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

That's called King Rising. If you do it for them again, they'll figure out how you did it pretty quickly. ;)

jag

19. Superman=Routh Registered

LOL sadly yea its like stuck in my head see here I go again,, MMMMMM mind freakkkkkkk

20. Strange Registered

Criss Angel and David Blane act way too dramatic, it really gets on my nerves. I guess that is part of the show but I don't care for it.

21. kypade Registered

so far the frisbee thing's really all l've liked. lve seen like 3 episodes now. l dunno. wish he'd do more of the small magic stuff, rather than spend 78 percent of the show on his big physical test thing.

22. Strange Registered

Hagging from a helicopter with hooks in his back does not really impress me. Now if he had a big hook through his testicles and got drug around on broken glass by a motorcycle, now that would be classic entertainment.

23. jaguarr Be Your Own Hero

Errrr....yeah.....I think he's saving that one for next season...

jag

24. Son Of Logan Weapon X

Why do magicians keep doing these ridiculous endurance tricks? What the hell does that have to do with magic.

25. kane9321 oakland's finest

that stunt lastnite just looked painfull as hell