The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Criticisms of Pail Giamatti (by other people)

Let's be honest TASM2 looks like perfect Spider-Man for kids. I'll watch it but probably I'm just too old right now.

Giamatti is a fan of Rhino, I think he will do him justice.

I assume he's on his mobile.

Surprisingly spelled Schumacher accurately though... O_O

I am not talking about the aftermath

I wasnt a fan of the whole 'put the mask on,it'll make you stronger'

That was a really iconic scene. It reminded me so much of the comics, and described Peter Parkeras Spiderman perfect. When Peter puts the mask on, he opens up, makes quips and rambles a lot, but when hes just plain ole Peter Parker, hes an outcast who doesn't talk much.

That was a really iconic scene. It reminded me so much of the comics, and described Peter Parkeras Spiderman perfect. When Peter puts the mask on, he opens up, makes quips and rambles a lot, but when hes just plain ole Peter Parker, hes an outcast who doesn't talk much.

That was the moment he became Spider-Man. He says so directly after. "I'm Spider-Man."

Up until that point he's a vengeful vigilante, he's a intellectual and an outcast, he's just an average teen.

Exactly. He saved a kid in a way I haven't seen any superhero do in any previous film and it worked out great

that's what makes Spidey my favourite superhero :yay:

Picard is talking about the Italian version of Spidey guys...:hehe:

I've heard criticisms of Paul G. based on his set photos. Not because he is the wrong choice, but because it looks like he is "goofy." Same goes for Lectro,
but only because it is Jamie Foxx with a combover.

A concern my friends have is that the film will be too corny, but in the style of Sam Raimi or worse, Joel Schumacher's Batman.

The set photos might not have anything that's actually in the movie's final cut. PG might just be doing the facial warmups that actors do, or he could be engaging in an exaggerated emotional range for the CGI animators to bank expressions. There are any number of reasons for the photos, and not cause for anxiety.

My only concern is that the overall construct of Rhino be dim-witted, not goofy. Some people might perceive those as being one in the same, but they aren't. When Rhino's on screen, he should be portrayed as scary and formidable with his achilles heel being that Spidey can easily outwit him.

I'm not worried about the characters themselves, I think they will be handled at least well. What I'm worried about is the looks, as shallow as that may sound. Dillon looks so much like a weird stereotype that I'm afraid it will take me out of the film, and others as well. It's just over the top from what I've seen.

When it comes to Rhino, I'm afraid that he will look too much like the opened up Iron Monger in Iron Man.

Topher Grace was a huge fan of Venom and people ***** about that still six years later.

Andrew Garfield was a huge Spiderman fan, and I think hes doing an amazing job. So whats your point?

Andrew Garfield was a huge Spiderman fan, and I think hes doing an amazing job. So whats your point?

His point is that being a fan of the character doesn't necessarily make you the right or wrong actor for the job. Unlike what some people think.

^ :up:

Hell, Jackie Chan recently said he'd love to be Iron Man, but I know people will **** all over that idea!

My point is just because the actor is a fan doesn't mean people are going to respond well to them and it sure as hell doesn't mean the character is going to be done justice by any means. I like Andrew myself, and I think he could be a good Spidey but he was written as an angsty teenage prick in the first movie which made me not like his character. I don't give a damn how big a fan he is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"