Cryptocurrency & Stock Investing

ComicChick

I Work Too Much
Staff member
Reaction score
Is anyone investing and/or trading in these on here? I've been curious about it for a long time and with the major boom in profits and all the news i'm hearing about BitCoin and the like everywhere, I thought I'd ask here to see if anyone is doing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cryptocurrency
A cryptocurrency (or crypto currency) is a digital asset designed to work as a medium of exchange that uses cryptography to secure its transactions, to control the creation of additional units, and to verify the transfer of assets. Cryptocurrencies are classified as a subset of digital currencies and are also classified as a subset of alternative currencies and virtual currencies.

I have very small investments across 3 virtual currencies; BitCoin, Ethereum, and LiteCoin. I haven't done any mining or trading or anything like that yet, but as I research more and study up on it. I'm considering doing a little bit more investing.

I've been meaning to try BitCoin since some of my friends and colleagues have been talking about it more and more.

Way late to the game if you want to start mining Bitcoin but there are a few other cryptos that are rising steadily too. They do have some futures that are trading in Bit now which is one of the reasons it keeps skyrocketing currently.

I have the Coinbase iOS app, and use it on the desktop as well. i'm most familiar with that one right now but have a bunch bookmarked to check out too. Coinbase focuses on Bitcoin, LiteCoin, and Ethereum and you can watch the market live or see how much it has gone up or down at increments as low as the hourly level.

If anyone is interested, I have a referral you can use. Coinbase Referral
With that code, when you buy or sell 100 of digital currency or more, you'll be given $10 worth of bit coin.

Way late to the game if you want to start mining Bitcoin but there are a few other cryptos that are rising steadily too. They do have some futures that are trading in Bit now which is one of the reasons it keeps skyrocketing currently.

i know you say i never read what you post lol, but i remember you mentioning bitcoin etc way back when. did you ever jump in back when you said you wanted to?

i want to research some of the up and coming altcoins coming out, and maybe invest in one or two. I have about $500 i'm willing to invest at the moment if I find something I feel really strongly about, but if i don't, i have no problem keeping that amount for myself

Definitely research on any digital currency before jumping in. Bitcoin is the hot commodity that is about to have a meltdown. Nothing skyrockets that high without a bursting bubble following shortly after.

The future of digital currency is real although personally I am not invested in any sense of the word in the existing ones. I don't think they have a long term viability yet. Of course no one knows what will happen, especially not with this kind of technology so maybe (probably) I'm wrong.

But a lot of people way smarter than me are definitely looking closely at what happens to Bitcoin and digital currency in general who think it will pop soon.

I thought the thread would be about actually building a crypto-mining rig... I would have been very surprised that the average Hypester has the funds for that. :funny:

Cryptocurrency is high risk, high reward nowadays. Don't join just because of the hype.

PS: I read Gemini is better than Coinbase (more secure and lower rates).

there's no way i could afford to build a rig :eek:
ive just been kinda watching the market. i'm very new to this and have a lot of research i want to do before i really invest anything of high value in anything. i've made a little money but nothing to write home about yet.

i know you say i never read what you post lol, but i remember you mentioning bitcoin etc way back when. did you ever jump in back when you said you wanted to?

i want to research some of the up and coming altcoins coming out, and maybe invest in one or two. I have about $500 i'm willing to invest at the moment if I find something I feel really strongly about, but if i don't, i have no problem keeping that amount for myself

I honestly don't remember bringing it up back in the day but it sounds like something I'd say haha. Never did anything with bit or any other crypto.

Definitely research on any digital currency before jumping in. Bitcoin is the hot commodity that is about to have a meltdown. Nothing skyrockets that high without a bursting bubble following shortly after.

The future of digital currency is real although personally I am not invested in any sense of the word in the existing ones. I don't think they have a long term viability yet. Of course no one knows what will happen, especially not with this kind of technology so maybe (probably) I'm wrong.

But a lot of people way smarter than me are definitely looking closely at what happens to Bitcoin and digital currency in general who think it will pop soon.

Like any other market going through a bubble the correction will come. For now though, it keeps climbing. Will be interesting to see how far it goes before that happens. the big question will be what happens afterwards and if it will still be viable when that happens.

I thought the thread would be about actually building a crypto-mining rig... I would have been very surprised that the average Hypester has the funds for that. :funny:

Cryptocurrency is high risk, high reward nowadays. Don't join just because of the hype.

PS: I read Gemini is better than Coinbase (more secure and lower rates).

Saw something on reddit the other day that mining rigs around the world are using as much energy as Denmark. Crazy stuff. The thing that gets me with mining and then setting up to be the go between for transactions is all the shady dark web stuff people use bit for. I'm not comfortable possibly being a part of those transactions.

Dat correction though. Word on the street is Coinbase and BitCSH had a big hand in forcing the correction earlier than would've happened otherwise.

Doubtful it was a coincidence when these futures and ETF offerings started rolling too.

Gonna be investing shortly. Definitely a good time to get in as everything is predicted to rise by the end of January, and go further next year. The massive drop last week was kind of normal and nothing to be too concerned about IMO. Just invest an amount that you feel comfortable losing, as you would with gambling.

My coworker had invested 8k back in March in 4 or 5 coins and made over 100k when he cashed out. Really just have to let your investment sit for a good while with this. There are also a lot of "penny" cryptos that are running pretty well too.

im planning to buy some Ripple too soon

I own a few shares of Twitter and bought a couple of Fox right before that Disney announcement for obvious reasons.

Gonna be investing shortly. Definitely a good time to get in as everything is predicted to rise by the end of January, and go further next year. The massive drop last week was kind of normal and nothing to be too concerned about IMO. Just invest an amount that you feel comfortable losing, as you would with gambling.

My coworker had invested 8k back in March in 4 or 5 coins and made over 100k when he cashed out. Really just have to let your investment sit for a good while with this. There are also a lot of "penny" cryptos that are running pretty well too.

Exactly, never invest/gamble what you aren't prepared to lose. Any investment is a long-term thing so making short-term decisions based on emotions or the whims of the market almost always leads to failure. Really, the only smart move on a correction or large market loss is to buy more while it's low if you can afford to.

My 401k is kind of pissing me off though. Huge dip just before the Christmas holiday on my largest portion which is ticker: JEQAX. Basically large and small US Stocks. I just got done rebalancing too. What really irks me is the high ass expense ration which is 1.35% for this one (and that's one of their lowest).

Is anyone doing any robo-traders for ETF's like Acorns or Stash? I'm really digging Stash as it gives a fair amount of control with a decent amount of options to invest in.

the market is dropping some, so i took a gamble and bought a Litecoin. it's down to $217.xx right now on Coinbase.

the market is dropping some, so i took a gamble and bought a Litecoin. it's down to $217.xx right now on Coinbase.

It'll bounce back I'm sure.

I bought 1 LTC and 1 ETH, going to transfer that to Binanace and disperse the ETH for several other coins. Ripple has been going crazy over the last few days. I wanted to get in on Cardano also and that just went from .39 to .74 in a few days. Also looking into ENG, SALT, NAV, LEND, FUEL, ICX and maybe MIOTA, though there are a few others I might consider. Have to read up on them, but I'm in for the long term.

The only thing I know about bitcoin is that I'm getting spam from people who ask I pay in it. :p

I say do it. :o

The only thing I know about bitcoin is that I'm getting spam from people who ask I pay in it. :p

Do like that dude who got arrested for selling Chuckie Cheese tokens as Bitcoin and send those to them. They will never know the difference. :hehe:

This is IMPOSSIBLE to predict if cryptocurrency will take off or fall on its face....I think more and more ppl everyday will take it seriously and it will compete against real money, but then again, i'm sure the higher ups like the banks who cant have control over it will do anything to stop it. So its 50/50, imo.....So tough to determine if it will work.

im planning to buy some Ripple too soon

ethereum has finally hit 1k, so i've made a tiny bit of money there. i own 1 whole litecoin.

i still haven't bought any ripple, but i'm tired of waiting, not that's it's up to about $3. i should've bought it when it was $.24. i know someone who has 150 XRP right now
can someone recommend a good place to buy it with USD?

Last edited:
So after 1 week and 1K I'm up about 300 bucks. Put my $ into ETH, LTC, ICX, FUEL, VEN and ENG. Putting in another 1K this week to get more ETH, along with WABI, XRP and NAV.

ethereum has finally hit 1k, so i've made a tiny bit of money there. i own 1 whole litecoin.

i still haven't bought any ripple, but i'm tired of waiting, not that's it's up to about $3. i should've bought it when it was $.24. i know someone who has 150 XRP right now
can someone recommend a good place to buy it with USD?

Best bet is to transfer some LTC to another exchange like Binance, trade it for ETH then trade that for XRP.

i traded .25 Litecoin over to Bitsane and bought 24 XRP with it.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"