Crysis 3

Trailers

Crysis 3 Open Beta Begins Next Week

[YT]nWC7rpkMfKc[/YT]

EA has announced that the Crysis 3 multiplayer beta will begin on all platforms next week.
The beta will be available to download from January 29 on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC. Players will be limited to level 10 during the beta, but will be able to team up with friends and customize their characters with different weapons, attachments, and Nanosuit modules. Two modes and maps will be available during the beta:
Game Modes:
Hunter Mode:

This multiplayer game mode is all about survival of the fittest. There are two teams, initially comprised of two permanently cloaked “Hunters”, and up to fourteen CELL troopers awaiting extraction. Each trooper slain respawns on the Hunter team to prey on their former allies, building to a frenetic climax. If any of the troopers survive the round, the hunters lose. Whichever way you play, Hunter Mode delivers a heart-pounding test of strategy and survival.
Crash Site Mode:

This multiplayer game mode is the ultimate King of the Hill type experience. An Alien dropship deploys a pod at random around the map. Players on each team must remain near the dropped pod in order to capture the zone and accumulate points. Each alien pod holds two shields players can utilize defensively as weapons. In addition, each Crash Site map will have a “Pinger”, a CEPH-constructed walking weapon of mass destruction. But be careful, other players can hijack the Pinger while you’re inside of it!
Beta Maps:
Museum - Roam the dark Ruins of Musem in downtown Manhattan and use the verticality to your advantage.
Airport - Close to the financial district, nature has taken over buildings and planes in this open fields area.

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Anyone play the beta? I did on the PS3 and man are the graphics awful. Isnt Crysis supposed to be one of the benchmarks for amazing graphics? I thought Crysis 2 looked better. I hope this is bc its just a beta and the resolution/textures will be better in the final game

I agree about the graphics. Played it on the 360 and they were not good. I'm assuming its because its an early version of the game. I thought the multiplayer was fun though and I look forward to the game

I just played the demo and it ran so smoothly. Zero lag.
I didn't mind the graphics, but I didn't really stop to analyse it either. I was trying not to suck and to get the hang of the controls. I'm already getting better.

The multiplayer is quite fun.

I agree, its a huge amount of fun. Especially when you get a bow

Anyone play the beta? I did on the PS3 and man are the graphics awful. Isnt Crysis supposed to be one of the benchmarks for amazing graphics? I thought Crysis 2 looked better. I hope this is bc its just a beta and the resolution/textures will be better in the final game

Thats odd cuz i thought Crysis 2 looked fantastic.

Ah, I thought I'd be more impressed. :csad:

Greatest ad in the history of gaming?

[YT]h1UlT_L7nuo[/YT]

I've heard that it comes with the graphics boosts download like Battlefield 3 did.

Ah sweet. Guess I'll find out next week. With the money I saved by passing on Aliens, I put that towards this. Looking forward to it.

Yikes. I've been reading many reports saying that the campaign goes from anywhere from 3-5 hours

I feel they kind of half assed this one by still being in NYC, even if it is a decade or so later.

Crysis as a gaming series feels so irrelevant. It had so much buzz and made a big splash when the original came out but its fizzled out since. This had potential to be great but it seems all anyone ever really talked about were the original's graphics at the time

Yikes. I've been reading many reports saying that the campaign goes from anywhere from 3-5 hours
Weird, Crysis 2 seemed reasonably long.

• GI Rating 8.5
    Crysis 3

ps3-icon.png
    pc-icon.png
    xbox360-icon.png

on Feb 19, 2013 at 08:00 AM 7,049 Views

Crysis 3’s evolutionary enhancements don’t move the needle for the series very far, but it's a graphical tour de force.
    ... More

Crysis 3

Review

Should you power up this suit for a spin? Find out in the GT Review of Crysis 3!
    Views: 146,619 | Posted: 02/19/2013
GT's score: 9.0

source: GI & GT

I feel they kind of half assed this one by still being in NYC, even if it is a decade or so later.
When the previous one ended, I was under the impression that we would circle around the globe in the sequel to end the threat everywhere. I think it's a wasted opportunity to set it in NY again.

Yeah, I was sick of NY by the halfway mark of Crysis 2, to be there again, I dunno...

I also feel like this is yet another EA title where they should have had a co-op campaign instead of a versus MP. It might be fun for a while but it'll become irelevant within a few months when COD and co. are still at the top.

But if they'd focused all their energies on a truly enjoyable campaign and gave us reasons to play it multiple times with friends, that might be more sucessful.

You make a good campaign, people will keep coming back to it. You make a good multiplayer, people will still only stick with it until something better comes along. Even if they want to go back to it, if there's no online community, you're screwed.

Speaking of this being similar to Crysis 2, i noticed the Xbox game icon for this game is the exact same thing for Crysis 2 haha.

hmm from what it looks like cause crysis 2 was compared to the first Crysis and Crysis war head in openness by fans of the series over all (which is what was most loved about them .) and they (the dev's )were obsessed with making the urban setting work with 2 they wanted to make a point that you can do the same with the urban environment crysis 2. so they stayed with.

Reviews

Crysis 3 (Xbox 360/PS3)

Victor and Scott prepare for war in Crysis3.

Synopsis: They responed to Crysis 3, lot's of cool things to do and it looks great. But the story has some issues.

Scott's 6.5 Vic's score 7.5

source:EPD.TV/ROTR

Finally put down Metal Gear long enough to play this. So far its pretty damn good, i mean its Crysis, so three games in there isnt much ya havent seen. The Predator Bow is sick tho. Using the diff arrow types are really cool. The setting is the coolest part tho. The overgrown New York looks fantastic. Deff doesnt look like any NY seen in games previously. I look forward to unravelling more of the story.

Playing it now! Woohoo! :D So far so good

This game is just wow. So amazing to look at

Yea i was a little concerned when ppl were talking about the demo looking bad. The full game certainly doesnt. Great looking title.

I've had a lot of fun with this game. I'm an avid archer so anytime you put a bow in a game, I'm going to get excited. The bow in this amazing, the graphics are mind blowing and I really love the Psycho/Prophet relationship. Great campaign. The mp is just as good. Runs smoothly, the cloak and armor seem well balanced and once again the bow is phenomenal. This game is definitely a 9/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"