Products Custom Superman Costume

Is that the Christopher Reeve style costume from Southern Wings, the Argentinian based ebay seller ?

haha, yep my life is the same, sew, think up new supergirl costumes, eat, sleep, find more pictures of supergirl...... its a great life....oh yeah...I have to play "engineer" from 9-5 every day.

down with life, Yay for cosutming making!

Ironman69 said:
Is that the Christopher Reeve style costume from Southern Wings, the Argentinian based ebay seller ?

Do you have any links or pics to the southern wings costume?

SuperIabou said:
you know, as one of these kind of people myself (star wars costumes) when we sell items made off of movies we are really illegally copying DC Comics.

so who really can point fingers?

Hmm let me put it this way.

If you as a fan of Superman did a Painting, a nice beautiful canvas painting and posted pictures
of it on the boards and got some good responces about it, even people asking for a copy. These
people are your friends so you give them copies at the cost of material and shipping.
A short time later you find that your painting is being sold by another person, who you dont recall
selling it to and they are claiming it as their very own work. Would you be ok with that cause hey,
thats the game. No, no one in their right mind would be ok with that. Especially if the original artist
contacted them stating, "sorry but that is my work and I would appreciate it if youdidnt take credit for it",
only to have that person spit in your face and say screw off more or less. That is disrespectfull.
I work in the costume world as well and I have had to shut people down for taking credit for my work,
this is no different. Disrespect and lying cannot and should not be tolerated.

my 2cents

Dude, look, I was just making a funny point.

I sell star wars costumes, and I would be mad if somebody jipped me off on my patterns, but what am i going to do? I cant sue them.

I dont know how to stop it, I dont think it is very ethical of them.

but your best bet is to email them to sort out the problem.

although I havent been keepign up with the problem, but is=t sounded like the person who bought them didnt know they were a copy, so I cant say its his fault.

of course who knows who is telling the truth. I would just sort it all out person to person.

No I understand. I just dont like seeing hard working people getting taken advantage of. I have not interfeared save for my opinion, I have left it to them. It is just frustrating to see someone getting screwed.

more and more this stuff just makes me want to stop selling costumes....

I appreciate you sticking up for me TimDrakeRobin45. It means a lot.

Ok guys this is sad. I'm a new member I was just searching for the Superman return suit online because im a huge fan, but obviously there is no Superman that holds the presence that Chirstopher Reeve did or even George Reeve. That is all beside the point. What is sad though, is this argument about somone "stealing" someone elses work. It is horrible somone can just buy something and resell it as there own on any market, but anyone with even a small education knows that if you make something and you want to be the only one benefiting from your products profits......you have to get a patent. If you don't, you have no right to the product...and the fact that your making these suits without Warner Brother's permission or DC comics, means you have no right to complain. So please stop arguing, you should only being making these suits because you want to be part of something that was and is always going to be great....and thats Superman.

Jackslata!

If you don't play World of Warcraft your missing out!!

JackSlaterIV said:
Ok guys this is sad. I'm a new member I was just searching for the Superman return suit online because im a huge fan, but obviously there is no Superman that holds the presence that Chirstopher Reeve did or even George Reeve. That is all beside the point. What is sad though, is this argument about somone "stealing" someone elses work. It is horrible somone can just buy something and resell it as there own on any market, but anyone with even a small education knows that if you make something and you want to be the only one benefiting from your products profits......you have to get a patent. If you don't, you have no right to the product...and the fact that your making these suits without Warner Brother's permission or DC comics, means you have no right to complain. So please stop arguing, you should only being making these suits because you want to be part of something that was and is always going to be great....and thats Superman.

Jackslata!

If you don't play World of Warcraft your missing out!!

Worst part, I bought a Superman Returns belt from Costumed Freak in August, and still have not received it.

we are not arguing over the fact that the rights to the belt are owned by Jon ar anyone who is recast, but that in the costume replica world there is a code of conduct that we all follow. We all work hard and make pieces for ourselves. Occasionally someone askes if one can be made for them, wether or not that person descides to make the piece for someone else is up to them. This fellow costumedfreak has been asking for "help" on his personal projects from many different costume replicators. He has gotten alot of help. He has turned around and screwed every one of these people. Jon taught him how to make the Returns cape, Another member gave him some neat batman items under the condition that he was not to re-sell them, he not only sold them, but made molds first so he could make and sell more copies.

Is it just me that feels it is wrong to Stab someone in the back after they bent over backwards to help you? He doesn't only recast board members things.

This is the argument. I am not saying we have rights to these items, I am just saying we all have the right to comman curtesy and respect amung our peers, which he has shown many times that he doesnt care about anyone but himself. You being new might not have known this.

Say you are in a Ceramics class. You spend 2 weeks on a sculpter of your favorite comic bookcharacter for your class. You come into class one day to find that your project is being turned in by another class mate. You know its yours and this classmate knows its yours but no one else knows or even cares that it's yours and there is really nothing you can do but ***** about it. Someone else taking credit for your work is upsetting reguarldess of wether or not you own the property that you have used as inspration for your artistic ability's. To see someone else taking credit for your art is disheartening at the very least and if I see it happening I will not stand idley by and let it. I will do whatever I can to bring a Fraud to light.

Here is mine

DSC_0279.jpg

super_1280_15.jpg

DSC_0299.jpg

and check out http://www.myspace.com/superman4fun

Hey all.

Due to Life and Bills, with regret i am offering up the following.

The template tiff files for my Printable Muscle suits.

The Spider suit.

The Bat suit.

And my lesser knowen Super suit ( with the small "S" symbol all over it"

All have the 3d muscle effect, shading, high/low lights.

All files are ready to print.

If you are Seriously interested Email me.

These files are not just collectors pieces.

tights5.jpg

newprint2.jpg

ADDED ;

2ss.jpg

1ss.jpg

superhybredchest.jpg

The files can be adjusted to fit any size.

Currently i'm not offering printed suits, so once these are gone. Thats it.

email me with your questions [email protected].

Please also include your email if you PM me.

Heres my suit that should stand out the most. Look at that puppy in the light, it's blinding :woot:

DSCF0009.jpg

DSCF0036.jpg

eric_daniel2.jpg

I'd be sweating my B*lls off in that shiney suit! But you look cool in it anywayz dude!

hi guys.

Would any of you be interested in an returns print with the diamond pattern and blue lines? if so email me at [email protected]

merry xmas all

JBrown437 said:
Since we're showing our suits here's mine...

BROWN.jpg

103_1046.jpg

103_1048.jpg

103_1042.jpg

103_1034.jpg

Here's one to show the real colors without the flash...
103_1039.jpg
Although I don't care about thr SR suit....
You did a really good job JB.

PWL4LIFE.....THAT SUIT LOOKS AMAZING. I MUST ADMIT, I LIKE THE S.

PICT0476copy-1.jpg

Thanks! Here are some new pics since I made a few upgrades including, not gonna lie, a foam latex muscle shirt...

103_1517.jpg

103_1520.jpg

103_1522.jpg

103_1525.jpg

103_1526.jpg

103_1534.jpg

what's the point if you can't have a little fun....

christmascardcopy.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"