Cyberpunk 2077

I think the gameplay is a good example of both the strengths and weaknesses of the FPS view.

This is probably about as close it gets to a game that’s tailor made for me.

The gameplay was certainly interesting to me, maybe didnt have me hyped like a Witcher game, but maybe thats no bad thing as it will be a while before its released anyway, certainly has some neat ideas and I like the overall style and look, would defo be a game I would check out.

The FPV doesnt really bother me too much, Deus Ex I loved and it was 90% first person, generally shooters do work better that way I guess although yeah does seem to make the customization a little redundant if your not going to see it much but then maybe there is some stuff we havn't seen yet that will show that off more.

So yeah on the radar for sure.

Hopefully you see your character more than you normally do in FPS games.

Hopefully you see your character more than you normally do in FPS games.
I still kinda wish they went the same rout as gun grave VR withthemultiple perspectives so people cane choose the view theyt want. but the frist person view doesn't bug me. cause this like the former Deus Ex series befor humanre vlotion with jensen. and that series was completely first person.

I still kinda wish they went the same rout as gun grave VR withthemultiple perspectives so people cane choose the view theyt want. but the frist person view doesn't bug me. cause this like the former Deus Ex series befor humanre vlotion with jensen. and that series was completely first person.

I haven’t played that but I love the way it’s done in Skyrim, where you can instantly change viewpoint at any time. I use both quite a lot (although still 3rd person most).

I haven’t played that but I love the way it’s done in Skyrim, where you can instantly change viewpoint at any time. I use both quite a lot (although still 3rd person most).

Gun grave VR isn't oout yet but yes it's nearly the same idea. therwerealot of ggave doing the same as both fall out & skyrim did. theonlydifferenceis that is one ofthe newer games doing it curently .

Well the evil with in game series took an oposit rout. it was 3rd person for the most part, but the dev's of that game series put in a mode to allow player to play it in first person view as DLC patch in the Evil with in 2 .

Last edited:
System Shock 2 is another classic from that era that also greatly incorporated RPG elements in a FPP.

I literally have no problem with first person in shooting. If there are melee weapons and if the driving is first person that’s really what I don’t like. I’m not trying to use a sword in first person or accidentally hit every pedestrian with my car.

I grew up on PC games of 90s and played plenty of classic shooters from Doom and Duke Nukem 3D, to Quake and Half-Life 2 (already a classic, time flies). So FPP isn't an issue for me. The only thing that feels weird is character appearance creation. If you barely can see your fella, what's the point. I mean, System Shock 2 had character creation, but it didn't even bother with looks adjustment because the entire game is in FPP. I get that there will be some cutscenes here and there, plus menu where you can see your character, but it still feels kinda wasted.

Enemy seeking ammunition seems like a silly thing to put in a game. As a futuristic tech it makes sense, as an unlockable "cheat" for New Game + it makes sense, but as a normal game mechanic its nonsense. Auto and assisted aim at least requires the player to pop out from cover and take risks. But from what I saw in the demo the enemy seeking ammunition can be fired at a damn wall behind cover, and it still finds it's way to the enemy. Might as well let the player turn on god mode.

Enemy seeking ammunition seems like a silly thing to put in a game. As a futuristic tech it makes sense, as an unlockable "cheat" for New Game + it makes sense, but as a normal game mechanic its nonsense. Auto and assisted aim at least requires the player to pop out from cover and take risks. But from what I saw in the demo the enemy seeking ammunition can be fired at a damn wall behind cover, and it still finds it's way to the enemy. Might as well let the player turn on god mode.
there was a bullet that alowedyou to do that in deus Ex human revloution with you hand gun if I rememebr right.

Quite the hyperbole there. You make it sound like V can shoot a bullet from anywhere and it will go straight into an enemy's skull who's three floors below.

Look at the gameplay again; you still have to aim the trajectory of where you're shooting. At some point also, V used that ability while out of cover and got hit a few times so I don't see how using this ability is a "press to win EZ-PZ lemon squeezy" situation.

Got a video interview with the dev's from IGN below about the demo

Quite the hyperbole there. You make it sound like V can shoot a bullet from anywhere and it will go straight into an enemy's skull who's three floors below.

Look at the gameplay again; you still have to aim the trajectory of where you're shooting. At some point also, V used that ability while out of cover and got hit a few times so I don't see how using this ability is a "press to win EZ-PZ lemon squeezy" situation.

Did you watch the boss battle at the end of the demo? At one point the player moves behind a concrete column firing and the bullets are going around the column and arcing down on the enemy. No aiming or "trajectory" consideration required at all.

It's you that's being hyperbolic with that "three floors down" statement. I was just talking about what the demo shows which is nonsensical feature for a standard playthrough.

Half a million people watched Cyberpunk 2077’s gameplay stream
18 days ago
You’re probably aware that Cyberpunk 2077 got its first public reveal trailer earlier this week. After months of tantalising snippets of information from those members of the press lucky enough to see the game at either E3 or Gamescom, players’ prayers were finally answered as CDPR streamed the entire 48-minute gameplay demo on Twitch.Read more

cyberpunk_2077_first-person-213x120.png

Cyberpunk 2077 devs want to help if you can’t play in first-person
16 days ago | 21 Comments |

The developers of Cyberpunk 2077 might look into ways to please players that don’t like playing in first-person. The studio are looking into ways to help players who are having difficulty playing in first-person.Read more

cyberpunk-2077-destructible-environments-213x120.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 could have destructible environments – but that might mean no flying cars

16 days ago | 2 Comments |
The Cyberpunk 2077 demo showed off some environmental destruction throughout the combat sequences, with bullets busting holes through walls and knocking off bits of concrete around the edges of certain pillars. You might be wondering just how much destruction will be in the final game – apparently, the folks at CD Projekt are also trying to figure out the answer for themselves.Read more

cyberpunk-2077-half-life-3-213x120.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 contains a subtle dig at Valve and Half-Life 3

17 days ago |

Cyberpunk-2077-map-213x120.jpg

Cyberpunk’s original creator says a 2077 tabletop game is “likely”
https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077/cyberpunk-2077-tabletop-release
12 days ago | 2 Comments |
Mike Pondsmith, creator of the original Cyberpunk 2020 pen & paper RPG, has hinted that there might be a new tabletop release to tie in with Cyberpunk 2077.Read more

cyberpunk-2077-213x120.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077’s concept art reveals hidden details about its world
4 days ago | 3 Comments
At Gamescom this year, Cyberpunk 2077 developer CD Projekt Red showed off four pieces of concept art for the sci-fi RPG. Apparently innocuous, these artworks had hidden inside of them the URL that would end up teasing the public gameplay reveal. But while CD Projekt Red gave us a look at the images that inspired the game’s E3 trailer, it turns out there’s plenty more info about the game’s world inside them, all you need is a careful eye.Read more

Cyberpunk-2077-screenshot19-213x120.jpg

CDPR is “planning” to add a photo mode to Cyberpunk 2077
11 days ago |
One of the best things to come out of the Cyberpunk 2077 gameplay demos so far is developer CD Projekt Red’s beautiful take on Night City. Given how impressive their recreation has proved to be, it’ll come as a pleasant surprise that the developers are hoping to include a photo mode within the game.Read more

source:PCGN

PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC
Cyberpunk 2077 to be distributed by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment in North America
Published 19 hours ago. 41 comments.

CD Projekt RED and Warner Bros. continue partnership.

Cyberpunk-2077-Warner_10-03-18.jpg

Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment will handle the distribution and promotion of Cyberpunk 2077 in North America, developer CD Projekt RED announced. The futuristic RPG will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Here is an overview of the game and comments from both companies:

About the Game

Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open-world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. The game follows the story of V, a mercenary on the rise in a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers. Featuring CD Projekt RED’s hallmark concept of choices and consequences, players will face difficult decisions that ripple through the entire game. Winner of over 100 awards at E3 2018, Cyberpunk 2077is set in the universe of the classic pen & paper RPG system, Cyberpunk 2020.

Michal Nowakowski, CD Projekt’s Member of the Board and SVP of Business Development

“We’ve worked with Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and both releases turned out to be really successful, so we’re entering this new stage of our cooperation with great confidence. Cyberpunk 2077 is our biggest and most ambitious project to date, and I’m really looking forward to all the amazing things we can achieve together.”

Kevin Kebodeaux, Senior Vice President, Sales, Americas, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment

“CD Projekt RED is one of the best game development studios in the world and it’s great to be working with the team again. Cyberpunk 2077 is a standout title and we are expecting great things from our continued collaboration with CD Projekt RED.”

source:
Gematsu

There was also a potential leak by a Turkish game publisher that 2077 would be released next year.

CD Projekt RED establishes long-term partnership with Digital Scapes Studios on Cyberpunk 2077
Published 14 hours ago. 20 comments.
Studio to help create and optimize technological solutions for the game.

CDPR-Digital-Scapes_10-08-18.jpg

CD Projekt RED has announced the establishment of a long-term strategic cooperation with Vancouver-based studio Digital Scapes Studios focused on the upcoming futuristic RPG Cyberpunk 2077.

Get the details below.

About Digital Scapes Studios and the Partnership

Founded by industry veterans hailing from BioWare, Radical Entertainment and Relic, Digital Scapes is an ambitious video game development studio specializing in AAA multiplayer console and PC game development, development tool creation, asset production, and cloud computing. Digital Scapes team members worked on blockbuster game series like Company of Heroes, Warhammer 40,000, Dying Light, Prototype, and more.

The Canadian partner studio will closely cooperate with CD Projekt RED on creating and optimizing technological solutions for use in the development of Cyberpunk 2077.

Michal Nowakowski, SVP Business Development at CD Project RED

Cyberpunk 2077 is our most ambitious project to date and we work hard every day to make it a creative and technological achievement,” said Nowakowski. “The Digital Scapes team brings aboard a lot of talent, experience and technical knowledge, and I’m very confident our long-term cooperation will add plenty to the game.”

Marcin Chady, Studio Head at Digital Scapes

“We are both excited and honored to work with CD Projekt RED,” said Chady. “Their incredibly creative and accomplished team of developers have been pushing narrative-driven, role-playing games to unprecedented levels. We look forward to helping them create the very best video games on the planet.”

Cyberpunk 2077 will be available for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Also with below

hqdefault.jpg

Cyberpunk 2077 Multiplayer? - The Rundown - Electric Playground

955 views 11 hours ago Published on 10/10/2018
Today in the Rundown, we hack into the latest news on Cyberpunk 2077 and whether or not it will have multiplayer! We also discuss the rumours of Guardians of the Galaxy director James Gunn jumping into the DC universe with Suicide Squad, Microsoft's potential acquisition of Pillars of Eternity developer Obsidian Entertainment, Sony finally bringing name changes to the PlayStation Network, and finally, some interesting developments on what Nintendo is doing with their new subscription service Nintendo Switch Online!

source: Gematsu& EPN.tv

Last edited:

Bandai Namco to distribute Cyberpunk 2077 in select European countries
Published 2 hours ago. 5 comments.
24 countries including the United Kingdom and more.

Bandai-Namco-Cyberpunk-2077_10-16-18.jpg

Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe will distribute the CD Projekt RED-developed Cyberpunk 2077 in 24 European countries, the company announced.

The 24 countries include Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Cyprus, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Malta, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, The Netherlands, and the United Kingdom.

“Our current distribution partnership with Bandai Namco is built on the strong foundation and trust developed during our previous projects,” said CD Projekt member of the board and SVP of business development Michal Nowakowski in a press release. “We’ve successfully cooperated on The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kingsand The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, and I’m convinced Bandai Namco will take good care of Cyberpunk 2077.”

Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe VP of Southern Europe and business development Alberto Gonzalez Lorca added, “CD Projekt RED has become, in just a few years, one of the leading studios in this sector with a truly innovative approach to each game and we are both proud and excited to confirm that we’ll be part of the Cyberpunk 2077 project. We’re looking forward to working once again with CD Projekt RED and distribute another of its games in Europe, providing first-class services to one of the most eagerly awaited games of the coming years.”

Here is an overview of Cyberpunk 2077, via Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe:

Cyberpunk 2077 is a narrative-driven, open-world RPG set in the most vibrant and dangerous metropolis of the future — Night City. The game follows the story of V, a mercenary on the rise in a world of cyberenhanced street warriors, tech-savvy netrunners and corporate life-hackers. Featuring CD Projekt RED’s hallmark concept of choices and consequences, players will face difficult decisions that ripple through the entire game. Winner of over 100 awards at E3 2018, Cyberpunk 2077 is set in the universe of the classic pen & paper RPG system, Cyberpunk 2020.

Cyberpunk 2077 will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.
source: Gematsu

I bet a game like this is going to have an incredible music score

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"