The Rise of Skywalker Daisy Ridley as Rey (IX)

I think she has done a very solid job across all three movies, but I really wanted more development out of her character.

Loved her journey and my favorite part of the new trilogy. Looking forward to seeing what Daisy does next

She did a good job in all 3 but yeah i think she was even better in this one. I hope in the future she gets brought back at some point for like a episode 10 or something.

Congratulations to Daisy, I believe she has potential to become a strong and successful actress much like Harrison had broken out into super stardom after the cultural hit Star Wars became allowing him the chance to fashion a solid film career.

By far my favourite part of the sequel trilogy, cannot wait to see her in Episode X, hopefully as a full blown Grand Master Jedi.

Daisy said this is her last film, she isn’t coming back.

Yeah, and Daniel Craig said, "I'd rather slash my wrists than play James Bond again".

Actors say things. In this case Lucasflim probably told the cast to say that so they can hype it up as the "finale". Talk to me in a decade when Disney feels enough time has passed.

We need to see how Daisy's career does post Star Wars, if it flops she'll probably be back. :funny:

1-124824603c2e24c2a.jpg

1-2e4199a2f94403476.jpg

1-3778d7dca4a7733e7.jpg

1-49226f7ab080f1c6f.jpg

1-5e1e0bd82fee22cb2.jpg

If I were in her shoes, I'd keep working till I'm 40 then ride off into the sunset. Heck she could retire on the money she made from the ST alone.

If I were in her shoes, I'd keep working till I'm 40 then ride off into the sunset. Heck she could retire on the money she made from the ST alone.

A lot of famous people could retire after not working for that long if they wanted to. Money is not ever thing and i would say if you enjoy acting keep going. If you want to just relax and do other things then go ahead and do that.

I love this women i wish i could find a women like her lol. She is about 3 years younger then me so i have a shot right lol. She is so pretty seems down to earth and always in a good mood. I hope she has a great career has she is a really good actress and i think she got better in each movie. Hopefully she will be back for episode 10. We will get episode 10-12 at some point even if its not for a long time and they want to do something else first. I could see them doing like a knights of the old republic trilogy starting in 2022 or something and after that i could seem them going back to 10-12 or if they dont want to do a trilogy per say because of the coments of what they said about a trilogy maybe just start with a 10 and go from there or plain a 10-13 or something. Either way i am pretty sure we will get a 10 at some point and with Daisy only being like 27 she is young enough that she could easily come back in 20 years or so would still only be in her late 40's by then. I known her comments but she was only under contract for 3 movies. So she finished her contract meaning she has done what she was higherd to do and she dosnt known what Disney may or may not have plained going foward. That dosnt mean she wouldnt want to come back at some point down the line may just depend on when and what else she may or may not be doing at the time and what kind of story there is and who is directing the movie. There are just a lot of factors.

After watching this trilogy has a whole its as clear as daylight that Rey is basically Mara Jade Skywalker like her abilities and character arc mirror's a lot of what Timothy Zane had created with Mara in the expanded universe. This really infuriates me because Kathleen Kennedy said that they had no source material to draw from like the MCU has from the comics. To which I say bull crap. Between the Thwane trilogy and the multiple comics of Star Wars that exist. Bull. Anyhow like I said Rey has a lot of similarty to Mara here's proof.

Mara was the Emperor's hand and she had great power in the Force and she ends up eventually becoming a member of Legacy lineage of Skywalker

After watching this trilogy has a whole its as clear as daylight that Rey is basically Mara Jade Skywalker like her abilities and character arc mirror's a lot of what Timothy Zane had created with Mara in the expanded universe. This really infuriates me because Kathleen Kennedy said that they had no source material to draw from like the MCU has from the comics. To which I say bull crap. Between the Thwane trilogy and the multiple comics of Star Wars that exist. Bull. Anyhow like I said Rey has a lot of similarty to Mara here's proof.

Mara was the Emperor's hand and she had great power in the Force and she ends up eventually becoming a member of Legacy lineage of Skywalker

That is interesting

Terrible character, the worst protagonist in a Star Wars film, great charming actress.

The issue with Rey is that compared to established Canon, she hadn't earned the right to be a Jedi. She simply doesn't feel like on. Lacks the training, personality wise and spiritually. She lacks the wisdom and the knowledge of the force. She simply doesn't have that sage vibe that other Jedi do..

I do see the parallels with Mara Jade as a character but she's not quite the same as Rey. For starters, Mara Jade as I recall starts basically as a bad guy, becomes more of an antihero, and then basically becomes good. Like she was Palpatine's loyal puppet and Palpatine's manipulation of her made her want revenge on Luke Skywalker. Different character, different story IMO.

The source of the video, I just realized that's one of the worst YouTube channels in existence, the channel that always relied on clickbait and fake news and posted fan fiction and fan theories as EXCLUSIVE LEAKS for The Last Jedi and Rise of Skywalker. Star Wars Theory is right down there with Mike Zeroh.

Last edited:
Yeah, I could see Henwick, although we could have guessed from the start that she wasn't Han and Leia's daughter, somewhat opposite of Daisy Ridley because people were theorizing she was their kid based on her looks.

I don't want to say that the others would be bad, and I think our idea of the character and the trilogy are based partly on having experienced Ridley in the role, but at the same time I found her casting interesting from the start.

Terrible character, the worst protagonist in a Star Wars film, great charming actress.

The issue with Rey is that compared to established Canon, she hadn't earned the right to be a Jedi. She simply doesn't feel like on. Lacks the training, personality wise and spiritually. She lacks the wisdom and the knowledge of the force. She simply doesn't have that sage vibe that other Jedi do..
I like her very much as a person, but LF completely botched her character.
Loved her in TFA and most of TLJ, but TROS saw her change from a likeable heroine with much potential into a 'too good to be true' unrelatable individual who was more of an archetype than a person.
According to the twitter leaks the book's handling of her is even worse.
I suspect it might be one of the reasons Ridley doesn't want to do any more SW films.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"