The Force Awakens Daisy Ridley as Rey - Part 3

Yeah, she mentioned it in an interview. She worked at a pub and alehouse.

001.jpg

They're so adorable together. Do it Disney, sink the " Jedi no attachments" nonsense for good.

Ohh, what do we have here? I've no seen this before (adds it to the list).

From the Episode VIII Production Announcement teaser:

vlcsnap_2016_02_15_08h20m25s510.jpg

On the very last page (inside cover right side) at the bottom of Rey's Survival Guide there is lone Aurebesh that translates to "POSTCARD" on it. It's a pretty empty inside cover page with nothing else on it except some art of BB-8 and a Teedo leading a Luggabeast. On the left soft side page is art of Rey standing by the AT-AT leg and her speeder in the background.

ws8u6yR.jpg

Inside back cover

There's a postcard in the book (in the Niima Outpost section near the end but before the Addendum which is early The Force Awakens story) depicting Cloud City (see the image below) with Aurebesh on the postcard that translates to "WISH YOU WERE HERE". That text of that page itself is just Rey going on about Unkar Plutt controlling the food supply. Rey says on the bottom of the page, "It's a bad situation, but I remember that my being here is a mistake. And when that mistake gets fixed, I'll wave good-bye to Unkar, Niima Outpost, and Jakku."

sG2sanN.jpg

Postcard in the book

latest

Cloud City

???

Last edited:
You know...the Jedi code existed for a reason in the time when the Jedi did flourish but in Luke's time, that code died when the Jedi died. So screw the code for the ST...and that way, Rey won't shut herself completely off of love...and I am sure Luke did find a bit of love where he might have settled down at one point. I just can't see Luke doing his duty to follow the old ways to a T. It's not like Luke. He deserved some down time after everything he did to save Anakin who saved him in return.

Honeslty, the code made the Jedi boring as heck.

On the very last page (inside cover right side) at the bottom of Rey's Survival Guide there is lone Aurebesh that translates to "POSTCARD" on it. It's a pretty empty inside cover page with nothing else on it except some art of BB-8 and a Teedo leading a Luggabeast. On the left soft side page is art of Rey standing by the AT-AT leg and her speeder in the background.

There's a postcard in the book (in the Niima Outpost section near the end but before the Addendum which is early The Force Awakens story) depicting Cloud City (see the image below) with Aurebesh on the postcard that translates to "WISH YOU WERE HERE". That text of that page itself is just Rey going on about Unkar Plutt controlling the food supply. Rey says on the bottom of the page, "It's a bad situation, but I remember that my being here is a mistake. And when that mistake gets fixed, I'll wave good-bye to Unkar, Niima Outpost, and Jakku."

latest

???

hmmmmm...............

hmmmmm...............

Yeah I don't get it yet. Maybe it'll make more sense some day or it's some throwaway thing.

The two OT characters that Star Wars Rebels has introduced in a big way are Lando and Leia. Lando had/wanted a mining operation on Lothal. Mining is something that also/used to occur on Jakku (Star Wars: Aftermath). ???

Finally, the team took Lando back to his Lothal property. He explained that a puffer pig can detect more precious minerals than a dozen mining scanners, making it quite valuable.

http://www.starwars.com/databank/lando-calrissian

Rey's Survival Guide said:
Whoever creates luggabeasts wires their cybernetic systems into their flesh, nerves, and organs. The result is a creature with a lot of endurance, and the ability to detect things with their eyelike scanners. Teedos use the scanners to find electronics, but I've also heard of luggabeasts being used to hunt for water, minerals, or other things.

Last edited:
Yeah I don't get it yet. Maybe it'll make more sense some day or it's some throwaway thing.

The two OT characters that Star Wars Rebels has introduced in a big way are Lando and Leia. Lando had/wanted a mining operation on Lothal. Mining is something that also/used to occur on Jakku (Star Wars: Aftermath). ???

so that means Rey is Leia and Lando's love child. :o

Honeslty, the code made the Jedi boring as heck.

Totally agree with you. Only jedi I cared about were obi and yoda. The rest...of em not so much but I did feel bad for Aayla, ki adi Mundi, and plo koon. I say those 3 I liked outside of the main two.

51t+gZUMzzL._AA360_.jpg

Rey's Survival Guide by Jason Fry

I really like this solid hardcover book and the first-person account of Rey. Ostensibly it's for young readers but I don't think the writing is for little kids and they probably wouldn't find the technical jargon very engaging. It's not a long read though and features a lot of cool pencil art. Rey comments on herself, various schematics, creatures, rumors, people, and locations.

Chapters
(Introduction)
Jakku Locations
Where I Live
Life-forms of Jakku
The Graveyard of Ships
Scavenger's Survival Tips
Niima Outpost
Addendum (early The Force Awakens story - from rescuing BB-8 to heading toward Takodana in the Millennium Falcon)

Schematics
Rey's AT-AT Home
Imperial Super Star Destroyer 'Ravager'
Tierfon Yellow-4 X-wing from the Tierfon Yellow Aces

Miscellaneous Pullout Pages
Happy-bore Medicated Dewormer for Happabores

You don't necessarily have to like the Rey character to get something out of the book because it's mostly about Jakku with Rey commenting on how dangerous and/or silly the locations and life-forms Jakku can be -- beyond the imposter-Tatooine we saw in the movie. It's interesting to see what future stories could be told from this. There's a rumor that Rey is getting another replica journal style book further down the line, and it is known that Poe is getting one this year.

I also really recommend the Before The Awakening book by Greg Rucka, which has stories about the new trio of heroic characters set before Episode VII. Two of the characters Rey mentions in the Survival Guide (besides Unkar Plutt) are significant characters in that Rey story in the book. Both books make great companion pieces to the movie.

barely watched this and I gotta say I love the fact that there's a heroine here! Way to go Star Wars.

And we're getting another one with Felicity Jones's character in Rogue One.

Another poster to add to my walls...Impressive.

Keep em coming.

Daisy's reaction to hearing Rey's theme being scored:

tumblr_o2yxfrjs5n1uwvj7to1_r2_540.gif

Has anybody watched Bandit Incorporated's "Is Rey Really a Mary Sue?" video?

While I admit a few of the points he argues are hard to deny, I think most of it is extremely biased due to him leaving out a bunch of other details (She stayed on Jakku to wait for her family, of course!) or ignoring really obvious ones (Of course being a scavenger would give her a lot of mechanical knowledge! Really, Bandit?) that go against his argument.

Then again, this is the same guy who loved the Robocop reboot and is disappointed that Terminator Genisys isn't getting a sequel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"