The Last Jedi Daisy Ridley as Rey (VIII)

I'm sure that Rey and Finn will be reunited at some point in the movie. Their relationship was important in TFA and will continue to be so for the remainder of the trilogy.

I also think though that the next film will be largely about Rey's Force/Jedi journey, exploration of her newly discovered powers etc., and I don't know if Finn is meant to be a big part of that. I've seen theories about Finn being force-sensitive himself, but I doubt we're going to have two young people awakening to their powers. So it just makes sense to me that, in the next film, Rey could be spending a lot of time around her fellow Force people, most notably Luke. And I'm guessing Kylo Ren will track her down at some point, as well.

unkar-plutt_4cd0610b.jpeg

Who wants to see more of Portionmaster Plutt?

Portions for all.

The benefits of Finn being FS is that it avoids retreading the OT again (one FS person becoming a Jedi and trying to found a new/better Jedi Oder).

And one thing that I want to see, more Rey/Chewie scenes. TFA set up the possibility of a beautiful friendship between them (including those final scenes on the MF) and I really want to see more of that.

Fans say that they want LF to "try new things." Well, this would certainly be that, both for SW and for these types of movies in general. ;)

Daisy's reaction to hearing Rey's theme being scored:

tumblr_o2yxfrjs5n1uwvj7to1_r2_540.gif

As much as I want to see what they'll bring to the ST, I want to see more of the angst between Rey and Kylo and maybe take it to new territories we never seen before in a SW film. VIII is supposed to be dark. I think TFA was dark enough but VIII will be darker...which makes me wonder what IX will turn out to be when we finally get to see the conclusion to a fitting satisfying sequel trilogy. ;)

As much as I want to see what they'll bring to the ST, I want to see more of the angst between Rey and Kylo and maybe take it to new territories we never seen before in a SW film. VIII is supposed to be dark. I think TFA was dark enough but VIII will be darker...which makes me wonder what IX will turn out to be when we finally get to see the conclusion to a fitting satisfying sequel trilogy. ;)

I believe IX will lead into a cliffhanger I think at first Lucas had VI ending with Luke finding out he has a sister who he needed to find so they could end the Empire once and for all maybe IX ends with Rey finding out she has a twin sister and together they can defeat Snoke once and for all.

E! - Daisy Ridley Is a Singer! She's Recording a Song With a ''Massive Superstar''

Who knew Daisy Ridley wanted a singing career?

The 23-year-old Star Wars: The Force Awakens star apparently has quite the pipes.

"One day on set, she just started singing and had the most beautiful voice I ever heard," Star Wars director J.J. Abrams said last night at the U.S.-Ireland Alliance's Oscar Wilde Awards, where Ridley was among this year's honorees.

Just the other day, Ridley told Abrams, "On Saturday, this weekend, she is going to record a song with an unnamed person, but let's just say a massive superstar."

What a tease!

Ridley will then present at the Oscars on Sunday before going back to the U.K. to star as Rey again in Star Wars: Episode VIII. "The other day she looked at me and said in the sweetest Daisy-est way, 'What is my life?'" Abrams said, continuing, "Daisy's life is a bit like Rey's—she's on a crazy adventure and it's just beginning."

Ridley didn't mention her singing aspirations last night, but did marvel at how much her life has changed since being cast by Abrams in the what has become the biggest box office hit in Hollywood history.

"I can never thank you enough for your faith, your patience, your kindness and your guidance throughout this crazy incredible thing," she said to Abrams.

http://www.eonline.com/news/743534/...e-s-recording-a-song-with-a-massive-superstar

I can't deny the truth of how much I have grown very fond of Daisy. She is incredible. :up: :hrt:

MTV - DAISY RIDLEY TELLS US EVERYTHING SHE KNOWS ABOUT STAR WARS: EPISODE VIII

“Me and Mark have been rehearsing a lot, and it’s really amazing,” Ridley told MTV News on the Oscars red carpet Sunday (February 28). “When we went back to Skellig to do the opening of [Episode] VIII, it was so crazy doing the same scene with a different crew of people. He’s amazing to rehearse with, and I’m very excited to be doing the rest of the stuff.”

“It’s such a good story,” Ridley added. “Seriously. Luke is so cool in this one. Really.”

http://www.mtv.com/news/2746869/daisy-ridley-star-wars-episode-viii-rey-luke/

Oh my goodness so does that mean VIII is gonna pick up where TFA left off? :)

Oh my goodness so does that mean VIII is gonna pick up where TFA left off? :)

RTE News said:
The island is being used in the opening scenes of the next instalment of the Star Wars series, one of the most successful film franchises of all time.

http://m.rte.ie/news/2015/0914/727811-skellig-michael/ (September 2015)

Daisy Ridley said:
When we went back to Skellig to do the opening of [Episode] VIII, it was so crazy doing the same scene with a different crew of people.

http://www.mtv.com/news/2746869/daisy-ridley-star-wars-episode-viii-rey-luke/ (February 2016)

Pointing that way.

I doubt it's going to be the actual opening scene. All SW films start with a space shot after the opening crawl. Maybe they'll show a brief shot of whatever planet she's on from space, or an entirely different scene before we return to her and Luke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"