The Last Jedi Daisy Ridley as Rey (VIII)

What if they show Hux and Kylo meeting up with the remnants of the FO fleet? Or Hux delivering Kylo to Snoke so the supreme leader can complete his training. And then we're back to where Rey meets up with Luke Skywalker.

Entertainment Tonight - EXCLUSIVE: Daisy Ridley Opens Up About 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' and New Director Rian Johnson

Daisy Ridley is already back at work on Star Wars: Episode VIII and though there's a different face in the director's chair -- Looper's Rian Johnson has stepped in to fill J.J. Abrams' shoes for the next installment of the iconic space franchise -- not much has changed.

"It's still very lovely and warm and friendly," the actress told ET last week at Abrams' Bad Robot Productions while promoting the Star Wars: The Force Awakens DVD/Blu-ray release. "Just like VII was."

Abrams worked hard to keep the details of Star Wars: The Force Awakens under wraps, but now that the ball's rolling on the franchise's third trilogy, Ridley says that things are "a little bit freer." In fact, Johnson plans to be "a bit cheekier" with what he releases from production.

"Obviously it went really well with VII, but it's wonderful to give people a little bit," the 23-year-old actress explained. "I think we did do that for VII, just a little bit to keep the interest peaked."

http://www.etonline.com/movies/1836...s_episode_viii_and_new_director_rian_johnson/

Last edited:
I really hope that by the end of ep. IX rey becomes a sith. That would be so amazing to continue on into the next trilogy.

There are no Sith anymore. Maybe you mean a Ren?

I really hope that by the end of ep. IX rey becomes a sith. That would be so amazing to continue on into the next trilogy.

With Daisy being Disneys current 'it girl'..i doubt it.

tumblr_nxc3omR6JZ1u3tkl4o1_500.png

Seems like a bit of non-story at this point. The revolving door of casting rumors for Star Wars from 2013 comes to mind. But passing it on anyway.

Deadline - Is ‘Star Wars’ Daisy Ridley Being Eyed As Lara Croft In ‘Tomb Raider’ Reboot?

EXCLUSIVE: Newcomer Daisy Ridley may have hit the motherlode of film franchises when the then-virtual unknown was cast in Star Wars: The Force Awakens, but the 23-year-old Brit actress is in the running for another icon: Lara Croft. Deadline understands that the fresh-faced Ridley is one of a number of actresses being considered for the Tomb Raider reboot that Warner Bros and MGM are partnering on to produce and release, with GK Films’ Graham King producing.

While conversations have taken place, this is still very early and there have been no official negotiations or offer yet, with the producers keeping their options wide open at this stage.

http://deadline.com/2016/03/daisy-ridley-lara-croft-tomb-raider-star-wars-force-awakens-1201717660/

"Hey, her face is well-known now, has been seen raiding a tomb, has an English accent, and is brunette, let's consider her."

Seems like a bit of non-story at this point. The revolving door of casting rumors for Star Wars from 2013 comes to mind. But passing it on anyway.

Deadline - Is ‘Star Wars’ Daisy Ridley Being Eyed As Lara Croft In ‘Tomb Raider’ Reboot?

http://deadline.com/2016/03/daisy-ridley-lara-croft-tomb-raider-star-wars-force-awakens-1201717660/

"Hey, her face is well-known now, has been seen raiding a tomb, has an English accent, and is brunette, let's consider her."

Please make this happen!! Please make this happen!! Please make this happen!! :drl:

I've been thinking about the whole Tomb Raider reboot and YES! I am so game for Daisy as Lara. Make it happen! Next, if X-Men revert back to Marvel one day, I like to see her as Jean Grey ;)

Eesh, I hope she doesn't get burnt out playing iconic characters in big franchises.

^^ :lmao:

Who knows....

if they ever reboot 'Species' .... meh, I don't even want to go there. Natasha Henstridge played Sil/Eve in the first two Species movies and I'd rather if they don't consider rebooting it. Just wish...the character itself could be expanded on...but eh, that ship has sailed. Anyway...

What?

Silence.

You're a monster!

Eesh, I hope she doesn't get burnt out playing iconic characters in big franchises.

She can always play the role of Miriam Blaylock in a remake. Not that I want that to happen, but it would be nice if Daisy could actually play a bisexual vampire who thought herself too good for David Bowie.

Meh. Don't see her as Lara Croft. Needs more sex appeal.

She can always play the role of Miriam Blaylock in a remake. Not that I want that to happen, but it would be nice if Daisy could actually play a bisexual vampire who thought herself too good for David Bowie.

She... ain't got what it takes.

Yeah, I don't necessarily think she'll handle the combat and stuff in a more realistic setting at all. Plus she looks 12.

Depending on when the reboot of TR is being released...Daisy will have plenty of time to fill that role...I mean she'll be 24 this coming April...so who knows...maybe a few years from now, she'll look older. Must be in the genes though...hence why some say she looks so young but gotta not think that sometimes. I find it really annoying when someone thinks someone else is so young, knowing that they are older than how they appear. Like for example, when I tell them that I am really 31 years old, not 19...they have this shock look on their faces. Like really? Whatever! Assuming can be a not so good thing these days.

The director has already confirmed that the new Tomb Raider reboot will be based off of the 2013 reboot. And for that version, Daisy is kind of perfect actually:

-She just looks like "reboot Lara" naturally.
-She's British, just like Lara, so the accent shouldn't be a problem.
-She's proven that she can do action/fight scenes well.
-They'd be getting an up and coming actress at the beginning of her career.
-Etc.

Plus, the comparisons to a Young Harrison Ford would be both obvious and amusing.

Empire Magazine - 2016 Jameson Empire Awards Interviews: Daisy Ridley

Empire Awards acceptance speech:

[YT]oYGeYSfLiOs[/YT]

Daisy as Lara would be a dream come true!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"