The Last Jedi Daisy Ridley as Rey (VIII)

A long time ago (last week I think) In a galaxy far, far way(@PinewoodStudios ) THIS happened! Happy Birthday Daisy!

CftA6fSWIAAMBKE.jpg

https://twitter.com/HamillHimself/status/719240004019568640

07.jpg

Last edited:
Why, am I not surprised to see this. I can see it now:

Rey: "Do I really have to carry you everywhere, you're kind of heavy?"

Luke: "Learn this way did I. Also learn, must you."

Rey: "But it's kind of hurting my back."

Luke: "Toughen up you must. Lose my hand, did I. Nothing compared to that, this is."

Rey: "Why are you talking like that?"

Luke: "Talk like this, my own mentor did. Getting into character, am I."

Rey (grumbles and mutters under her breath): "Stupid, it sounds. Ridiculous, this is."

Luke: "What was that, you say?"

Rey: "Nothing, umm, may the Force be with us and all that."

GameSpot - Star Wars 7's Daisy Ridley Responds to Rumors About Rey's Parents, Says Episode 8 Is "Darker"

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/star-wars-7s-daisy-ridley-responds-to-rumors-about/1100-6438695/

MTV - EXCLUSIVE: DAISY RIDLEY ON REY’S PARENTS, ‘DARKER’ EPISODE VIII, AND WHETHER SHE’S REALLY A JEDI

http://www.mtv.com/news/video/2865182/daisy-ridley-star-wars-episode-8-darker/

Daisy Ridley: "I mean, I’m not being funny you guys, but just because [Jyn Erso]’s white and got brown hair - do you know what I mean - like, it doesn’t mean she’s my mom." "I don't know... maybe she is! Wooooh." "Yes [I know who Rey's parents are]. Yeah [I do.]" "[I found out] when we were filming VII." "[Did that help inform the character a little bit?] I think the amazing thing about [Episode] VII is that Finn and Rey don't come from anywhere and they find a place." "And so to me, it's funny that people think [Rey's lineage] is so important, because I guess it is. But I don't really think it is because regardless of where you come from, where you go is the thing...you're moving forward, and you can make a family; you can find people who you love. And so I think the progression that Rey is making and the people she's meeting and the relationships she's making now are kind of more important than where she comes from, but that's just me."

Last edited:
Love Daisy. How she had a fantastic birthday. Must have, she is hanging out with Luke Skywalker. :woot:

I kinda hope we get a training montage between Rey & Luke in Episode VIII similar to Luke's in Ep V with Yoda
TwitterFanArt-020516.jpg

I can't wait to see Rey undergoing her Jedi training with Luke, especially in the ways of Force Improv.

Luke: "Okay. Second week. More Advanced. I want you to Be a Table, Be a Sportscar, Ice cream cone."

Rey ( thinking ): "And I dug right down to the bottom of my soul, To see what I had inside. Yes, I dug right down to the bottom of my soul. And I tried, I TRIED."

Luke: "Ok Rey, what do you feel?"

Rey: "I feel......nothing. I'm feeling nothing!"

Luke: "You feel nothing?? That can get you expelled."

Rey: "You say I should feel something. But I feel nothing, except the feeling that this bull**** is absurd!"

Rey (thinking): "Hey, maybe it's genetic. They don't have ice cream cones back on Jakku."

Brownie points to anyone who can identify the song and Broadway show this is based on. ;)

she's even adorable eating pizza!! :hrt: :atp:

Mmmm....now I am hungry but I already had my fill of pizza for a while now.

Why, am I not surprised to see this. I can see it now:

Rey: "Do I really have to carry you everywhere, you're kind of heavy?"

Luke: "Learn this way did I. Also learn, must you."

Rey: "But it's kind of hurting my back."

Luke: "Toughen up you must. Lose my hand, did I. Nothing compared to that, this is."

Rey: "Why are you talking like that?"

Luke: "Talk like this, my own mentor did. Getting into character, am I."

Rey (grumbles and mutters under her breath): "Stupid, it sounds. Ridiculous, this is."

Luke: "What was that, you say?"

Rey: "Nothing, umm, may the Force be with us and all that."

And the fact that Hamill can do a good Yoda voice.... hehehe

Well it better be "fun" or the fun-police critics will be very upset.

See, here's the issue with people taking issue with the complaint on "fun" in BvS... the darkness of a film is not inherently lost if said-film has "fun" in it.

Let's take a look at The Empire Strikes Back. Y'know, the film that is generally agreed to be the darkest entry of the OT? It's also the film that has the most romance in it. Not to mention the fact that it's also the funniest film in the OT too.

The comedy in TESB is iconic (i.e. "You scruffy looking nerf-herder!" "Who's scruffy looking?", Yoda's opening scene) but it doesn't detract at all from the darker, gloomier overtones of the film's primary narrative. If anything, those lighter moments add to the film's overall darkness by giving its key moments proper tonal contrast and weight behind it.

Consider the joy of Han and Leia's romance over the course of the film- it's those moments that make the "I love you"/"I know" scene work at the end of the film. It's that buildup that makes the moment so heartbreaking.

I'm pretty sure the "dark" comments are made to imply that it's gonna be the ESB to TFA's ANH, tonally. Besides, it's pretty common nowadays for filmmakers to say their sequel will be darker compared to the world-building, relatively simpler first installment.

Darkness in SW doesn't exclude fun-ness. It's never been bleak thus far.

I'm pretty sure the "dark" comments are made to imply that it's gonna be the ESB to TFA's ANH, tonally. Besides, it's pretty common nowadays for filmmakers to say their sequel will be darker compared to the world-building, relatively simpler first installment.

To be fair, people are still burned on the word "dark" in all it's forms after Batman v Superman. :o

To be fair, people are still burned on the word "dark" in all it's forms after Batman v Superman. :o

I, more than anyone, can understand the cinematic cancer that Snyder causes, but people need to get over it.

Of course. And honestly I don't even mind the idea of possibly seeing a bleak Star Wars film, so long as it's executed well.

I'm somewhat conservative when it comes to SW tone, so if we are to get a bleak SW film, I'd prefer if it wasn't an Episode. Other than that, as long as it's good, yeah, I don't mind at all.

I, more than anyone, can understand the cinematic cancer that Snyder causes, but people need to get over it.
It isn't something to get over imo. Just people don't understand what the term means, and it is because of people like Snyder who confuses dour and childish, with dark and mature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"