Damn Cool Dr. Doom images

Doom!

mm92doom.gif
drdoom.jpg
doom.gif

doom.jpg

Dr-doom1.jpg

I thought it would be cool to show a before/after example of what an artist's page looks like before it gets published in its final form in the comic. Before Mark Waid and Mike Wieringo took the assignment on the FF title, the team of Carlos Pacheco (art/plots) and Rafael Marino (plots) worked on the FF. From time to time, Pacheco was subbed by another artist since he had a bit of a struggle keeping up with the deadlines. This is why artist Tom Grummett is listed as the artist for this particular story.

EIC Joe Quesada staged a publicity gimmick called "Nuff Said" month. Every regular title that month was given the challenge of putting out a story without any dialogue or captions. This page comes from FF#50 volume 3 from that month and featured a last page cameo by Doctor Doom. At that point, the character had not been fully integrated back into Marvel Universe proper and was in a kind of limbo back in the Heroes Return pocket universe, also know as the Franklinverse for short onanother FF MB I hang out.

As luck would have it, I happen to see the page in an art auction on EBay and snapped it up. It now is framed and hanging near my PC along with a page from FF#500 by Kesel and Wieringo. Now if I can only get my hands on a Jack Kirby.....
rolleyes.gif

ff50splash6jx.jpg

ff50doom5kv.jpg

Can you explain what makes Dr Doom so awesome? He is considered the greatest villain in comics, I just want to know why. :)

shouldn't this be posted in the Doom thread?

Does anyone have some old schoo kirby Doom images? there was one poster, I think his name actually was 'Doom', who had the most badass old-school picture of Doom as his avatar. I would love to have that, if anyone knows what I'm talking about. Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"