Daniel Isn't Real

Shift

Civilian
Reaction score
MV5BNDFhMGJjMjQtODU0OC00NWQ5LWJhNjctOTZiZjA4NTYyZWQyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjE4NzUxNDA@._V1_.jpg

Has anybody seen this film yet? I watched it last night and i liked it, but the third act really confused me.

the third part of the film really started to throw me when Luke visited the father of the shooter from the coffee shop in the beginning. And found the drawings the son had made that referenced Daniel and had the same image drawn that was painted in Luke's portrait; his "shadow." It started to come off as though Daniel wasn't just some form of mental illness or a projecting of Lukes mind, but that Daniel was some kind of centuries old demon that latched on to traumatized people. Possibly after Luke witnessed the shooters dead body and that's when Daniel first appears. It passes on to Luke? And then of course the psychiatrist, did he actually see Daniel and watch Luke get his mouth ripped open so Daniel could crawl inside and take over, or is this Luke's illness manifesting it in this way. The psychiatrist certainly seemed to freak out over it. And Cassie seeing Luke's face mold into Daniels, Luke being trapped in the dollhouse, all the weapons used to kill people, the demonic form of the shooter. I guess it's a question of what's real and what's not. Is all of this something going on in Luke or is Daniel in fact real and some demon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"