Justice League Danny Elfman Scoring Justice League - Part 2

Trevor. I know im gonna regret it but can you PM me how Superman's motifs sound/are used? Does the zimmer theme make an appearance?

No, there's no hint of Zimmer's theme in the entire OST.

I'll wait for the movie, but I'm glad most of you like what you're hearing so far.

A whole lot of “meh”. Gotta hand it to Elfman for making WW’s theme a watered down version of itself. I’ve heard better covers from amateurs.

Really wishing Zimmer stuck around to finish the journey he started with MOS.

It's gonna sound ironic (because of the "a new hope" title) but doesnt it reminds in some parts of the track of this?:

Very clearly.

A whole lot of “meh”. Gotta hand it to Elfman for making WW’s theme a watered down version of itself. I’ve heard better covers from amateurs.

Really wishing Zimmer stuck around to finish the journey he started with MOS.

Ew.

The Final Battle

excited.gif

Agreed with this. Gave a listen to a few tracks. A lot of meh...

"Everybody knows" by Sigrid is great. Heroe's theme is very good, it has grown on me a lot. The JL logos theme is...disappointing. Batman on the roof surprisingly didnt have the batman theme. Elfman managed to make the WW theme sound forgettable, so huge props to him! He did something not even covers on YT could not manage.

I couldnt discern any noticeable motifs for Cyborg, Flash or Aquaman so far, but I havent heard all the stuff(and in context). Friends and Foes is trash. Home is very emotional. Havent heard the action/battle stuff.

Its not great from what ive heard.But its not trash either. Its just there. Hopefully it all comes together beautifully in the theatre. So I just listened to them once, and hear them fresh again in the theatre.

first kinda skim through

giphy.gif

need to listen to it properly but it's okay enough, depends how they use it in the movie

kinda mixed idk

A lot of it actually reminded me of Elliot Goldenthal's work on Batman Forever & Batman & Robin, with a touch of Alan Silvestri's work on the 1st Avengers. I honestly think that Sigrid's 'Everybody Knows' is going to become a mainstream hit (a beautiful & poignant rendition of Cohen's classic, so that's clearly a winner).

The Story of Steppenwolf is probably my favorite track because it's really eerie, trippy and mysterious, very enchanting. The Final Battle will probably make quite a looooooooooot of people happy (for a variety of reasons), Bruce & Diana felt very Batman Returns-ish (by that I mean Danny's music that plays in the alley scene at the end of BR).

No, there's no hint of Zimmer's theme in the entire OST.

In his recent interview he said he's been using Zimmer's music in the film (although didn't state which ones), he just hasn't put it in the OST.

In his recent interview he said he's been using Zimmer's music in the film (although didn't state which ones), he just hasn't put it in the OST.

God, I seriously hope that's the case, because I'm just about to burn his house down. :funny:

How are the motifs for Flash Cyborg and Aquaman?

They are still very new and the Justice League theme has just started growing on me, very quickly that too. So I don't want to judge their motifs on just a couple of plays.

Anyway, these are my favourite tracks:

Hero's Theme
Wonder Woman's Rescue
The Story of Steppenwolf
The Amazon Motherbox
Aquaman in Atlantis
Then There Were Three
The Tunnel Fight
Friends and Foes
Home
The Final Battle
A New Hope
Anti-Hero's Theme

Last edited:

I think that's definitely the case since we hear Wonder Woman's theme only in one track.

He or someone else? I wouldn't be surprise if another composer did the additional stuff (meaning Zimmer's).

I'll say this...if you were hoping for a truimphant Zimmer score when Superman's entrance and stuff...yeah dont expect that. He is using William's theme.

Oh and the JL united theme(the one leaked yesterday) very much feels like the JL theme. Used in the final battle too. Very Avengers-ish.

Disappointed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"