Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless you count the report that she's playing Claire T, "a dedicated young woman whose quest to heal the wounds of Hell’s Kitchen brings Matt Murdock unexpectedly crashing into her life, while her own journey forever alters the course of his battle against the injustices of this broken city."

I hope that's a red herring. Based on her recent box office blunders, joining an MCU movie would help her career, which should have been so much better.

It's why I think she's Maya Lopez.

Last edited:
Pleeeeeeeeze be Misty Knight. At this point, I doubt it though. :(

I hope that's a red herring. Based on her recent box office blunders, joining an MCU movie would help her career, which should have been so much better.

It's why I think she's Maya Lopez.

No reason an original character can't be a breakout role, though.

Reading through the end of the last thread... so awesome that Mark Waid is involved with this. Yisssss

Waid's working on it? What's the deal?

Waid's working on it? What's the deal?
I don't think in any major capacity, but in an interview given a month (or maybe more) back, Waid said that he was consulting with the creators of the show in some capacity.

Iron man and Kingpin posing together

https://twitter.com/RobertDowneyJr/status/508347999827685376/photo/1

Bw4Dz9-CcAAxHCd.jpg:large

Is RDJ standing on a box?

I wouldn't put it past RDJ, he has been caught standing on his tip-toes in pictures and a lot of derisive attention has been put on by the cruel anonymous members calling him a manlet and mocking his attempts to look like a 'real man'.

The internet is an *******.

I can't wait to see these guys duke it out
iz0u9w.jpg

Also, I really can't wait to hear Charlie's american accent. I'm looking for a movie with him doing an american accent but I can't find one. I really hope he can pull it off, but hey I'm sure they wouldn't have picked him for the role if he couldn't.

We need a video on set interview with these two.

I was reading the newest issue of Superior Foes of Spider-Man and it featured The Owl. I remembered The Owl is a Daredevil villain and that for a while I wanted Andy Serkis to play him. I thought it would be cool for him to show up. And then I remembered Serkis has been cast in Avengers 2, and not just as a CGI guy. I think he was mentioned in the comic con footage in human form.

That would be a great choice but I'm not sure why they would put the Owl in an Avengers movie first.

Also, Steven DeKnights new comments have said that it will be more violent than SHIELD, less violent than Spartacus, and that there will be blood. So I'm thinking it will be TV-14 like Breaking Bad. You can get away with a lot of violence with TV-14, its mostly sexual content that you can't get away with.

I think Breaking Bad is rather more gory and violent than what DD should be. A tone like Law & Order: Criminal Intent would be fine for DD. It's not always what is shown that gives something a darker tone but just the overall feel and intensity.

I think the right level would be The Wire. Violence happens because violence happens in the real world, but it's never the selling point. So they don't shy away from it without overselling it.

Breaking Bad wasn't that violent. It showed just enough IMO, and it would be a perfect tone for DD. I'm not saying it should be Game of Thrones violent or anything like that, but Kingpin needs to be particularly brutal to work. He needs to do something so that the audience goes "Wow, Matt Murdock is in way over his head".

I wonder why the casting has slowed down. They are in the middle of shooting so we should know more names by now.

Jusy because we are not hearing anything doesn't mean that they have slowed down. Look how long it took for them to announce CC as DD. You know that that had all been worked out a few month before it all came to light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"