Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are the chances there will be some type of cross over with Agents of SHIELD? Like somebody hires Matt for a case or something like that

What are the chances there will be some type of cross over with Agents of SHIELD? Like somebody hires Matt for a case or something like that

As Jeph Loeb says "it's all connected."

Last edited:

I'm guessing... none. I really can't see them mixing, nor do I want them to, the netflix shows and the ABC shows. The netflix shows are going to be completely tonally different, shoehorning characters into AoS or vice versa will only be a detriment.

Then what is the point of having a connected universe? I agree they shouldn't throw him in there just because but if they have a story that seems organic than why not. Something like Matt is defending someone Hydra wants to get to and the team has to save the client. Maybe DD whoops a little Hydra butt? There have been comic appearances based on less.

But thats the thing... that doesn't seem organic. That doesn't seem organic at all. DD fighting HYDRA on Agents of SHIELD would be terrible. DD being a lawyer to Coulson or something, that would also be terrible. What you described is precisely shoehorning.

That was just an idea off of the top of my head. I'm not a writer and I'm sure Whedon and co can figure out a coherent story that would fit. Half of the crossovers in comics don't "need" to be done but they do it because we enjoy it. Or are you just one of those AoS haters that want the show to stay in it's world?

I've watched every single AoS episode live, so no, I'm not one of those haters. I just don't think it would mix well at all. Different target audience. The only thing it has related is that its in the same universe. Daredevil is going to be a gritty crime series. The other 3 Netflix shows will have a little more grit to them as well. AoS is meant to appeal to a much broader audience.

I can't see them not having SHIELD show up at least once through out the Netflix series, like others have said whats the point of it being a shared universe?

I've watched every single AoS episode live, so no, I'm not one of those haters. I just don't think it would mix well at all. Different target audience. The only thing it has related is that its in the same universe. Daredevil is going to be a gritty crime series. The other 3 Netflix shows will have a little more grit to them as well. AoS is meant to appeal to a much broader audience.

Well the only target demo ABC and Marvel tv care about is 18-34 males. AoS has not shied away from the grittier elements even during the first season. Yes it started off a lot campier but now that they have found their footing I don't think the target audience is all that different. I do feel it's more likely that the Netflix guys will pop up on AoS but there has to be plausible scenarios were people can pop up on the Netflix shows as well.

How would you feel about some of the villains from AoS popping up in the Netflix shows like Blizzard or the Absorbing Man? Surely that can't feel too shoehorned in? Maybe Coulson has a meeting with the Defenders at the end of Netflix phase 1?

Kyle Mclachlan could guest star as Mr Hyde, even if he didn't quite transform as he hasn't so far in AOS.

Yet another russian added to the cast list... I swear, guys, this is relevant. Thats like 7 or 8 russian dudes on the cast list

I have to admit I regret how the MCU made that much of a deal of the shield. Granted, the shield has always been a great part of the marvel universe, but now, when you watch a movie or even an animated show like ultimate spiderman or Iron-man or avengers, it seems like nothing can happen without the shield. I certainly don't want DD to fall in that trap.

^ I think that's part of the reason they blew up SHIELD.

Yet another russian added to the cast list... I swear, guys, this is relevant. Thats like 7 or 8 russian dudes on the cast list

Yeah, I think it's reasonable to assume the Russian mob is involved in some way.

probably, but it still seems the shield will feature proeminently in TA 2: AOU.

probably, but it still seems the shield will feature proeminently in TA 2: AOU.

No it doesn't at all, Fury and Hill are in it, neither of whom work for Shield anymore. No Shield agent is in it, unless it's some small cameo

I know they aren't anymore, but they are still "shield characters" in a way.

Sam L Jackson said his part in AoU is pretty small, he basically just stops in briefly and leaves again.

I don't see a crossover between Daredevil and AoS being so difficult. It needn't be forced either. I'm sure they could have the odd crossover and it not feel forced.

Or go to the source material and read the comics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"