Daredevil Daredevil General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance the Punisher will show up in one of these shows? I think I heard that the rights to the character reverted back to Marvel but I'm not sure. If so, then I hope they get Holt McCallany (Lights Out) to play him.

There was a Punisher reference in All Hail the King. It's absolutely possible that he'll appear on one of these shows, with Daredevil being the strongest candidate. I'd love that.

Nice! Didn't know that. I haven't seen any of the All Hail the King stuff. Hopefully we'll see Frank Castle pop up somewhere. I remember there was talk of a Punisher TV show a while back.

I just googled Hot McCallany and he definitely looks like Frank Castle. He's got some cold, piercing eyes too. Never seen him in anything, but he sure fits the role visually.

I like what someone said in another thread about Daredevil getting a second season after The Defenders and Jessica Jones, Luke Cage and Iron Fist all starring in a Heroes for Hire show. That opens up two spots for shows about characters like the Punisher and Moon Knight. Edit: I really want to see a Blade show, too.

Last edited:
Yeah, Holt has a the perfect look for Frank. If you can find some episodes of the short-lived FX series Lights Out, you can get a good idea of his acting. He's had small parts in other things (he had a bit part in Fight Club, he was the less-annoying villain in The Losers, and was on CSI: Miami for a while) but he really shined in Lights Out. It's a shame that the show didn't find and audience and got sh**canned.

As long as that Sticky guy is no where near it

I didn't like him as Blade, either.

Yeah, Holt has a the perfect look for Frank. If you can find some episodes of the short-lived FX series Lights Out, you can get a good idea of his acting. He's had small parts in other things (he had a bit part in Fight Club, he was the less-annoying villain in The Losers, and was on CSI: Miami for a while) but he really shined in Lights Out. It's a shame that the show didn't find and audience and got sh**canned.

I'll try to check the show out. :up:

How should Daredevil's "sight" look? The movie had "Shadow World", and I think that worked out quite well.

houdini01_daredevil_shadoww.jpg

But they most likely won't be using that concept for the new Daredevil, so I wonder what route they'll take this time. This route perhaps?

daredevil-18-milla.jpg

monsters.jpg

How should Daredevil's "sight" look? The movie had "Shadow World", and I think that worked out quite well.

houdini01_daredevil_shadoww.jpg

But they most likely won't be using that concept for the new Daredevil, so I wonder what route they'll take this time. This route perhaps?

daredevil-18-milla.jpg

monsters.jpg

I don't know. I really liked the movie radar sense. But, well, they may go with the "Mark Waid" one, I'm fine with it.

The radar sense is really the trickiest thing on the show. The other powers are really easy on a tv budget (The serie "The Sentinel" proved that), but how this one will be done is a mystery. (And, because it replace Matt sight, and because of the medium, it is the most important sense to show, and to show heavily, if you want to enter in Matt's head)

Well, as long as they don't go with the ridiculous version of the "Trial of the incredible Hulk" movie...

How about Matt`s radar being like how it was in SMTAS it was red background but the people`s shadows was black it was pretty cool.

Last edited:
So excited for this! Glad to see this sub-forum is up now. I shall frequent it often

Man, I just feel so happy. All I've ever wanted was an HBO Daredevil series. Netflix doing this alongside with IRON-FIST?! I can't even... thank you, Marvel Studios. Where do I place my money and sacrifices?

Looking forward to this the most among the other series.

Is there a teaser for this one?
Is this going to be like Mortal Kombat? Online series, and a movie on the way?

I don't know, I suspect the most expensive stuff for the DD show would be his stuntwork. Radar sense visuals would be something, but depending on how you do them, they could be a lot cheaper than good martial arts and acrobatic choreography. Especially since you could have whole episodes without any "Daredevil's eye view" scenes.

What I would like is for someone (maybe a villain) to press charges against a hero like Luke Cage for excessive force, and for Matt Murdock to have to defend him. We don't normally get to see that side of things.

I also hope we get some legal plotlines that span the whole series, so that it's similar to Law & Order and not only superheroics the whole time.

Man, I just feel so happy. All I've ever wanted was an HBO Daredevil series. Netflix doing this alongside with IRON-FIST?! I can't even... thank you, Marvel Studios. Where do I place my money and sacrifices?

Just have to say I ****ing love your avatar, sick pic. True Detective has filled the void for me left behind by Breaking Bad :)

Just have to say I ****ing love your avatar, sick pic. True Detective has filled the void for me left behind by Breaking Bad :)

:up: Right there with you, man. It's sublime television. The McConaissance!

You know DD could be Marvel`s GA maybe at the end of the season Nick Fury shows up and ask DD to join The Avengers and he says thanks but no thanks I got a job to do and it is saving this city.

Last edited:
That reminds me: please, please, do at least some homework for the lawyer plots and scenes. None of the mess from the Daredevil movie, where its clear the writer hadn't ever even seen an episode of Law & Order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"