Daredevil S1 vs Jessica Jones S1

Discussion in 'Jessica Jones' started by pr0xyt0xin, Dec 9, 2015.

?

Daredevil S1 vs Jessica Jones S1

1. Daredevil S1

2. Jessica Jones S1

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Surprised this doesn't exist yet. Vote and express your opinion.

I liked both a lot. But Daredevil wins by a nose.

2. metaphysician

metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

You really should have included "too close to call".

3. ernesth100

ernesth100 Spidey-Hog

Daredevil wins by a hair(a very small centimeter long hair). JJ was an amazing follow up. But DD just slightly tops it with far better fight scenes. That's the only thing that gives it the edge. Other than that they're pretty much tied.

4. Dr.

Dr. Unknown Toronto member

I’ve yet to finish DD. But based on what I’ve seen, the fight choreography is very impressive.

In JJ, there seemed to be less emphasis placed on action set pieces. So the occasional display of superpowers was more likely to be a means to a particular end - rather than some standalone “spectacle.” IOW, I don’t think JJ tried - but failed - to be like DD; its focus was totally different.

5. DrCosmic

DrCosmic Professor of Power

Yeah, except for the fight scenes, they're on the same level. I refuse to take part in this divisive debate. I do wish that JJ had given a bit more love to the fight scenes, that really would have been awesome.

6. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

lol. You act like there's some major argument going on.

7. WolfCypher

I loved DD. I really liked JJ.

Jessica Jones had moments where I felt this is getting a little silly (spoilers, but if you're VOTING FOE EITHER SHOW, you must have watched both of them to be bothered with this thread...)

[blackout]Such as everytime the heroes captured Kilgrave only to keep losing him, that started to get silly, and turning Simpson completely into a psychopath when he was very likable...I was reminded of the worst of True Blood, but to a far more forgiving degree, that these weren't major offenses to me[/blackout].

Yet Daredevil was just perfection. DD 10/10, JJ 8/10 IMO

8. Spider-Aziz

Spider-Aziz Not the Voice You Know

I agree with the con WolfCypher mentioned.

I'll give the edge to Daredevil.

9. Random490

Random490 Registered

I liked JJ, but I loved Daredevil. Really DD is just my kind of show, I immediately wanted to rewatch it over and over. JJ I only watch once, I enjoyed but don't have that drive to rewatch it. They're both on the top end of television, and choosing between just comes to your own personal taste. DD is much more my type of show.

10. Smilodon

Smilodon Registered

I personally enjoyed DD more, but I think objectively speaking, JJ was an overall stronger show and more ambitious show based on the kinds of heavy subject material it tackled, it's overarching story and how it handled all 13 episodes. It's such an intimate and character driven show that I can understand if some people were turned off by the lack of flair that Daredevil provided in spades, but at the same time, I just can't get over how DD ended on a sour note whereas JJ just keeps managed to finish strongly.

That being said, both shows rocked. Can't wait for Luke Cage and DD Season 2.

11. First Avenger

First Avenger Registered

Dd 9.5
    jj 8.5

12. kane9321

kane9321 oakland's finest

DD a 10
    JJ a 9

13. Typhoon22

Typhoon22 The Golden God

DD 10
    JJ 5 at best

It's not even close.

14. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

Daredevil a 9.5
    Jessie Jones 8.0

15. KingCheops

KingCheops Registered

Jessica Jones for me. Daredevil kick-punched his way to solving his problems. I liked that Jessica used investigation and tried to use the law first. I like that she debated the merits of using Kilgrave as a force for good before deciding he was irredeemable. I like that the characters were fallible and didn't always make the 100% correct choice every time they had a decision. With the emotions involved it would have been weird if everyone was highly rational and logical all the time.

16. pr0xyt0xin

pr0xyt0xin Shaper Savant

Can we all just stop to appreciate for a second how appropriately SHH color coded the poll?

[​IMG]

17. Majik1387

Majik1387 Registered

Both were amazing in all kinds of ways, but Jessica Jones gave me more of what I wanted.

18. Xclaim

Xclaim Registered

Hard to say. Both are on par as far as acting, drama, and character development. But while DD has better fight scenes, JJ has more "WTF!!!!" moments.

19. DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs

DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs Registered

DD for me appeals to what I specifically want from a Marvel superhero show, but JJ gave me so many things that I didn't know I wanted from a superhero show. The thing that edges out DD as the winner for me was the fighting was much more well done. The few fights in JJ were just not at a level I expected and a few come off as cheesy and kind of took me out of it.

20. marcvader

marcvader Lurker #1

Yup one of the very few issues I had with JJ was most of the fighting. KR just didn't sell it well enough for me and MC was just too stiff I thought.

21. Majik1387

Majik1387 Registered

22. Syncos

Syncos ROFLICIOUS

Jessica Jones gets it for me. But barely.
    I found it was a much more intimate story, which made it far more tense and disturbing most of time time.

I also disagree with a lot of what people are saying about fight scenes. I think they were exactly what they should have been. Jessica isn't a trained fighter. She ends up pushing and throwing people around a bunch, because all she can do.

Daredevil had fight choreography, because it had ninjas. Was it more elaborate? hell yeah. But it wouldn't have fit Jessica's character.

23. famicommander

famicommander Registered

I've said it before

Flash > Jessica Jones > iZombie > Daredevil >>>>> Arrow > Supergirl > Powers >>>>>> Agent Carter > Agents of SHIELD > Gotham

24. TheVision

TheVision Sharp Dressed Man

Gotta go with DD over JJ. I liked JJ but I thoroughly loved DD and its world. Kilgrave wasnt as interesting to me as Kingpin either.

25. KingCheops

KingCheops Registered

Mike Colter -- the actor who played Luke Cage.