Dark Knights - Blazing Logos

I thought this blazing logos thread was going to be like Blazing Saddles.

I'm surprised that Ghost Rider didn't leave anything other than flames. I guess he doesn't have a logo, but he could've left a skull face with flames.

daredevilposter-165067.jpg

Hmm, https://i.imgflip.com/6hb18a.jpg

I always wondered about the Daredevil one, though. He goes to the trouble of putting it there but then *doesn't* light it. Just leaves it sitting there in the expectation that the police will light it for him? Kind of goes against the point of the trope, especially considering the police didn't even notice it until Urich showed up.
That logo is all kinds of awkward:
Daredevil killed Quesada without having any kind of oil of flammable gel with him, then he went out of the subway to get some, and then none of the cops on scene moved it or slipped on it while they walk all around the place.
Ha, these really fall apart when you picture the set up.

giphy.gif

I agree the Dark Knight Rises is the worst one. Not just the size and intricacy of the image, but also the placement - entirely vertical and high up- the amount of effort you'd have to go to to keep the image from running makes everything even worse. At least the Punisher's version was flat on the ground.
He likley had Alfred do it:
Batman: Right up there. It'll look so cool!
Alfred: (Holding rope, ladder, brush, and fuming can of kerosene), You want me to do what now? Up Where?
Batman: It's my mission, my symbol, for the people, they'll love it, just get up on that bridge and start working,... I thought you were with me!
Alfred (under his breath): This MtF rich, spoiled, POS.....
the_dark_knight_rises_a_fire_will_rise.jpg

I'm surprised that Ghost Rider didn't leave anything other than flames. I guess he doesn't have a logo, but he could've left a skull face with flames.
Yes he seems a perfect fit for this trope.
Although I guess pretty much it's physically already his actual head!
He doesn't need to elaborate more.:word:
tenor.gif

After his great, great grandpapa, animated gen Z. Zorro goes here too...
56ljaz.gif

42dcwu.gif

Last edited:
why I wrote "...as warning to his enemies
The original Zorro signal served both ends;
... simultaneously as symbol to his enemies to let them know that he's out there, but also [as symbol] to the people he protects.

here we go... will we get a proto signal?
“It’s not just a signal; it’s a warning.”

....the idea of making the Bat Signal not only a signal… but a warning. All of my years as a BatFan it never occurred to me that it’s like firing a warning shot: flat out in the sky, it’s saying “clear out your sh*t and go, I’m coming for you.” BAD@SS.
1wihp0.gif

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"