Dark Phoenix Dark phoeniX - news, speculaXion and general discuXion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol genius, combat the site's malfunction by making new threads!

Theres no use having a discussion thread anymore. The thought of going in circles again for 9 months and investing so much energy in a film that has a chance of just being moved again or at worst cancelled is not worth the effort. I suggest people just forget about this movie, the franchise ended with Logan.

Seriously I’m with you! What happened between now and when the trailer dropped, that they couldn’t even attach the new date or even a simple “coming soon” to it. Should have never released the trailer, leak or not if this was going to be the outcome. They’ve literally blown their load too early by releasing material for the film, that won’t be backed up by another round/trailer promotion until probably March at the earliest smh. Sooo frustrating. But bigger things to worry about in life I guess :loco:

Some of those posts were golden. Shame we can't recover them.

Weirdly enough I'm still seeing alerts that new posts are being made in the other thread, but I'm not seeing them. I think some of my missing posts still show up on my 'your singer's page though. Maybe they can be recovered?

Has this ever happened before? I dont mean delaying a movie obviously this happens a lot, but releasing a trailer at the end of said trailer theres an actual date of when the movie is coming and then in no less than 24 hours from said trailer the studio decides to push the movie 4 months. What exactly happened in those 24 hours? Was it the tepid reception to the trailer? Its no wonder fox is done. I feel bad for new mutants that movie may never see the light of day.

I thought the trailer was decent. It did give me X3 vibes at some parts of the trailer. Also the delays have kinda made stop caring about this movie somewhat. Ill see it but yeah I am not hyped at all. I haven't read about why they delayed it, but it seems FOX is not confident about this movie and probably don't care since they are not going to be making X-Men movies in the near future.

So how long til Dark phoeniX gets delayed again? Imo Disney doesn't want this thing released and the bad press is a way to kill the film. Anyway this would have ended sooner had new mutants and Dark phoeniX kept their 2018 dates.

Theres no use having a discussion thread anymore. The thought of going in circles again for 9 months and investing so much energy in a film that has a chance of just being moved again or at worst cancelled is not worth the effort. I suggest people just forget about this movie, the franchise ended with Logan.

Don't worry. The trailer hasn't dropped anymore and the movie hasn't been moved back. If you check the main X-Men: Dark Phoenix thread, it's been reset to the stage when only the leaked trailer had come out and people were waiting for the trailer. So the last 48 hours hasn't happened.

All trace of the trailer coming out and the movie being pushed back is disappearing from online. If there's no evidence of it, it never happened. It's like one big system restore. :o

Don't worry. The trailer hasn't dropped anymore and the movie hasn't been moved back. If you check the main X-Men: Dark Phoenix thread, it's been reset to the stage when only the leaked trailer had come out and people were waiting for the trailer. So the last 48 hours hasn't happened.

All trace of the trailer coming out and the movie being pushed back is disappearing from online. If there's no evidence of it, it never happened. It's like one big system restore. :o
Hopefully the reset holds. :(

Great quote from the article - "The X-Men franchise refused to evolve, and now it may be put out to pasture before the reckoning."

Great quote from the article - "The X-Men franchise refused to evolve, and now it may be put out to pasture before the reckoning."

What's that in relation to? What does he believe it was meant to evolve into exactly? He doesn't quite specify.

This is sooooo like... wait-for-it... Roger. Corman. Fantastic Four.

I cant believe they delayed it again, what in the bad place are they thinking? First from november to february and now this? This is bad press and feels like they dont take either the movie and the audience seriously, i cannot believe they make this mess again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"