Darren Aronofksy's The Whale with Brendan Fraser

DarkKnight88

Avenger
Reaction score
Darren Aronofsky Sets Next Film ‘The Whale’ At A24 With Brendan Fraser Set To Star – Deadline

A24 and Darren Aronofsky’s Protozoa Pictures are teaming up for the first time on the upcoming film The Whale with Brendan Fraser set to star and Aronofsky on board to direct. Jeremy Dawson will produce alongside Protozoa Pictures with Aronofsky attached to direct.

Could we be getting a Brendan Fraser comeback?

Plot of the 2012 play for which this is based on.

On the outskirts of Mormon Country, Idaho, a six hundred pound recluse hides away in his apartment eating himself to death. Desperate to reconnect with his long-estranged daughter, he reaches out to her, only to find a viciously sharp-tongued and wildly unhappy teen. Big-hearted and fiercely funny, The Whale tells the story of a man's last chance at redemption, and of finding beauty in the most unexpected places.

First Darren Aronofsky needs a comeback himself - both Noah and Mother sucked
The Nat Geo show about Earth was great though

Last edited:
By the sounds of it he won't be playing a swashbuckling hero. The prosthetics should be interesting.

Aronofsky needed to get Noah and Mother! out of his system—although I enjoyed Mother! a lot. Him working with A24 sounds like a dream come true, and the subject matter is right up his alley so I’m looking forward to this.

Let's go, Fraser.

Like everyone else, stumping for a big Fraser comeback here.

He also needs to do CPR on my inner child and give us a Mummy 4. Forget Tom Cruise ever happened.

I hope Fraser and Aronofsky knock this out of the park. Fraser has been in some good stuff recently (The Affair and Doom Patrol) but it’s great to see him headlining what could be an Oscar contender if done well (i.e., provided we get “Black Swan” Aronofsky and not “Noah” Aronofsky).

If Brendan got an Oscar from this, I would be so happy

Can't wait... Aronofsky has yet to let me down.

This is gonna be so good.

It's so much fun being someone who knows the play, characters, dialogue/monologues, etc... and watching film people get hyped for it. It's like I've got insider information :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"