The Walking Dead Dat Bear McCreary Score...

‘The Walking Dead’ Score Album Details
KlhiKvP.jpg

Film Music Reporter said:
The full details of the first score album for the AMC hit series The Walking Dead have been revealed. The album features selections from the show’s original music composed by Emmy Award winner Bear McCreary (10 Cloverfield Lane, Happy Death Day, Battlestar Galactica, Colossal, Outlander). The soundtrack will be released digitally and physically on October 20 by Lakeshore Records. Visit Amazon to pre-order the CD. A vinyl version is also in the works. The Walking Dead developed by Frank Darabont based on the comic book series by Robert Kirkman, Tony Moore & Charlie Adlard will return for its eighth season on October 22. Visit the official show website for updates.

Here’s the track list of the album:

1. Theme from the Walking Dead (0:49)
2. Rick’s Despair (2:10)
3. Glenn’s Wheels (1:46)
4. Lord of the Vatos (3:22)
5. Bag of Guns (2:46)
6. Message to Morgan (3:09)
7. Herd on the Highway (2:40)
8. Sophia (3:09)
9. Coalescence (3:55)
10. Eulogy (2:39)
11. Carl (1:38)
12. Farm Invasion (8:49)
13. Beside the Dying Fire (2:58)
14. C-Section (5:33)
15. The Governor (2:31)
16. Bye, Baby Bunting (1:48)
17. A Return to Compassion (5:53)
18. The Badge (1:43)
19. Welcome to the Tombs (6:22)
20. Reconciliation (2:36)
21. Three Questions (2:31)
22. Negan (2:20)
23. The Day Will Come (2:57)

It has the same album art and track list as the vinyl release. Interesting that the article mentioned that this was "the first score album for the AMC hit series". If I'm not reading too much into that hopefully that means more volumes will be released in the near future. Based off the track list they tried to jam as much as they could on one disc and still ended up leaving out a lot music from each season.

Interview: Bear McCreary Weighs In on THE WALKING DEAD’s Dwindling Viewership

Dread Central said:
Dread Central: Let’s dish about The Walking Dead. Of course, we know you have nothing to do with the decision-making involved in producing the show, but as someone with a stake in it, I think your insights will be interesting. Cool?

Bear McCreary: Totally cool.

DC: Are you a fan of the comic books?

BM: Yes.

DC: How would you explain the show’s dwindling viewership?

BM: As a fan of the show, I think there’s a natural exhaustion that kicks in when you go beyond Season 3 of anything. I mean, name me a show where Season 8 had the highest ratings; I wonder if there’s even an example in the history of television where that’s the case. So I look at it differently; I’m like, “Hey, this show is in Season 8 and look at how many people watching it!” Think of all the shows that never made it this far. Buffy never got there; I don’t remember if The Next Generation got there, but whatever. My point is, it’s a juggernaut that’s lasted a long time and it’s continuing strong with its core demographic.

Personally, I think that since the time that the comics were written in and the era that we exist in now, the politics and national conversation has changed to the degree that it’s altered what makes The Walking Dead appealing to a lot of people. The escapist fantasy has changed. It posed the question: “Can you imagine if our country was a devastated hell-scape?” In the early 2000s until 2016, that was really an escapist fantasy; it was a fun world. I love I Am Legend. I love these kinds of stories.

DC: The idea of starting over from scratch.

BM: Exactly! But I think the ratings started to go down around the time of the election, around the time of the campaign. And I think there was really a sense of unease, no matter what side of the political spectrum you’re on. Things are just a little less known, and things that we all took for granted suddenly we’re thinking about. And then you turn on your TV and you see Negan… Now, 5 years ago when I first met this guy in the comic, I loved him because he represented this escapist fantasy. I really think that some of the viewership that has left The Walking Dead might be because, nationally, we’re more scared than we were. And it’s not as much fun to turn on the TV every Sunday and get that kind of hyper-violence.

DC: You’re saying it’s hitting too close to home these days.

BM: Exactly. You can weave politics and satire more in into fantasy and sci-fi but there needs to be a sense of detachment. As a contrary example, we did an arch on Battlestar Galactica that was, in my estimation, a very thinly-veiled allegory for the war in Iraq. It had our heroes strapping themselves in with suicide bombs, going in to blow up a police station of the occupying force. And the audience was like, “Yeah, go do that.” It really had a lot to say about what was happening, but it was buried under the surface enough that people just enjoyed it as a science fiction show. Not to mention, for most Americans, the war in Iraq is far away. So The Walking Dead hits closer to home literally and geographically. So I don’t know, but I do wonder if that has something to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"