Dateline catching pedophiles again!

DBella said:
I wish monsters like that can be terminated.
terminator.jpg

I guess Dateline is taking after Maury Povich. Find one topic and just run with the bastard.

My vengeance said:
His mommy won't let him...:o
But I just saw his post.

I don't see how Dateline can be compared to Maury. Maury is more like a copy-cat Jerry Springer Show.

The old promoter and owner of the Ring of Honor wrestling federation was caught doing this during a sting operation and the then RoH World Champion Samoa Joe said he'd kill him if he ever saw him again. I wouldn't put it past Samoa Joe to actually do it either.

I did say I though it would've been funny if the host (I forget his name) came out and said "What, I don't look like a 13 year old girl?"

But at least they got these guys.

Anyone else cheer when the cops tackled that one guy and busted his head open?

But I just saw his post.
Wait,is that recent? That little liar!And to think he made an entire thread in which he said he's not going to post anymore!I fall far to easily for these things...

My vengeance said:
Wait,is that recent? That little liar!And to think he made an entire thread in which he said he's not going to post anymore!I fall far to easily for these things...
My mistake. It was Spidey-Bat and not Spider-Bat. Different posters, I assume?

DBella said:
My mistake. It was Spidey-Bat and not Spider-Bat. Different posters, I assume?

Yes two different posters...

Spider-Bat is no more...:(

Alpha and Omega said:
I thought they would have had a police presence on the first show; it's nice to see that they finally brought that element as well.

I know a lot of people think that child-molesters need help, but IMO, they need a smith n' weston projectile to the cranium.:mad: :o

Agreed.

But I perfer a Beretta.

Some of those pedophiles were so pathetic with their excuses for being there. LOL. "I am so dirty", "No whats dirty is the conversation you had with that girl", "Yeah, I know".

Just a heads up Dateline on NBC is doing their Internet Predator segment again where they will capture people who want to hook up with minors. It's on Wednesday at 9:00pm EST.

You guys been catching NBC's special 'To catch a Predator"? It's been on 2 Wednesdays in a row now(different episodes) and they have another episode airing 9pm EST next Wednesday.

The reason i resurrected this thread is, with all the publicity surrounding these Internet chat rooms and whatnot, i can't believe that Dateline continues to keep catching these perverts trying to solicite minors for sex, it's ridiculuously....funny!

First of all, I think what "To Catch a Predator" is doing is great. No one can argue against catching pedofiles or potential pedofiles. But I have a question about the legal issues behind this show.

I'm watching the show right now and this is my problem with it. The men THINK they are talking to an underage person online, but IN FACT they are not. They are talking to adults and child imposters. Even if they send inappropriate pictures or links, they are sending them to ADULTS. So what they are arrested for is the intent to commit child molestation.

Once again, let me reiterate that this is a good thing!!! I"m not defending any of the sickos shown on the episodes!!!

But technically, did they really break the law?

Example: Just say there's a bucket of free money on the sidewalk. It's free for everyone. But I go to my apartment, put on a ski mask and leave the house with the intention of stealing this money. But in fact, taking this money is not a crime. So I grab the money and am subsequently arrested because I had the intention of stealing this money. Even though it was legal to take the money.

Do you see what I'm saying?

Let's say one of these guys talks to a Perverted Justice imposter online on the very first day he's ever been on the internet. He's never spoken inappropriately to a minor in his life. He talks dirty to the imposter, goes to the house, talks to Chris Hansen and gets arrested. In actuality, he never did anything wrong with an actual minor. He is being arrested for what he wanted to do, but never did.

I'm not asking if it's right. (I have two daughters below the age of 11 and I'm glad the show exists) But how is it possible to arrest these guys for what they WANTED to do?

I'm sure the above question has been asked a lot, but it just occurred to me while watching the show.

Some of the guys they catch have done this in the past.

Some of the guys they catch have done this in the past.

I'm sure that they have. But they're not being arrested for what they did in the past. That's my whole point. They're being arrested for talking to adults and walking into a house in which there are no minors present.

And I know that's where the whole "Intent" comes into play. But they "intended" to have sex with the person they were talking to online... who was an adult in reality.

And YET AGAIN, I'm not defending the people! (I can't seem to say that enough). But couldn't what I said be used as a defense? That they never talked to a minor? That they are actually arrested for something that was only going on in their mind?

Could I walk into a movie set of a bank, go up to the ACTRESS portraying the bank teller, say that I wanted to rob her (without having a weapon), and be arrested for "Intent to commit robbery" simply because I thought it was a real bank?

Just a heads up Dateline on NBC is doing their Internet Predator segment again where they will capture people who want to hook up with minors. It's on Wednesday at 9:00pm EST.

i say good , im glad someone is out there catching these freaks. i would like to suggest we terminate these dispicable creatures , i do not think they could ever be rehabilitated.

I'm watching the show right now and this is my problem with it. The men THINK they are talking to an underage person online, but IN FACT they are not. They are talking to adults and child imposters. Even if they send inappropriate pictures or links, they are sending them to ADULTS. So what they are arrested for is the intent to commit child molestation.

But technically, did they really break the law?

WOW ...... the intent is more than enough . imagine if there was a 12 year old girl there and no chris hansen at the house . they have a sickness and they need to be weeded out , the method is perfectly reasonable

Entrapment does not exist though? Anyways it is interesting while some of the men are clearly off their rocker some of them seem like normal middle aged men. If their wife is not making them happy sexually why do they go towards a teenager to fulfill their needs as a first option :confused: What is the psychological hang up?????

I would love for this show to be in Washington DC. I know they were in VA last time but i'd love to see some guys i might know being caught!

You guys catch the latest Ocean County, NJ eps..?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdrbQv2NRiw

I must admit, this decoy sucks as an actress. The brunnette chick from the eps we're they lure the guys into the backyard with the jacuzzi in it, should get a frickin academy award, LOL!:woot:

Tazer vids are always funny. But how the hell could anyone think the hot decoy chick in cutoffs was 12 or 13 when they see her?

are they going to do new episodes or did that lawsuit stop them?

This show really needs to exist and I dont feel any sympathy for child molesters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"