David Boreanaz Boards CBS’ Navy SEAL Pilot as Lead

Kaleb

2010 & 2018 SHHFFL Champion
Reaction score
Jim Caviezel Boards CBS’ Navy SEAL Pilot as Lead

CBS’ Navy SEAL drama pilot has found its leader. Familiar CBS face Jim Caviezel has signed on to the untitled project, Variety has learned.

Caviezel will play Jason, the respected, committed leader of his assault team who’s been through over a dozen deployments. He joins A.J. Buckley, who plays the self-destructive, on-edge but loyal Sonny; Max Thieriot, a Millennial SEAL who is extremely capable but deeply insecure beneath layers of swagger and confidence; Neil Brown Jr. as Ray, the longest-tenured member of Jason’s assault team, and his most trusted friend and colleague; and Toni Trucks as Diaz, the logistics officer who is responsible for making the arrangements to get the team and their gear where they need to be.

The pilot, about the lives of elite Navy SEALs as they train, plan and execute the most dangerous, high stakes missions our country can ask, hails from “Justified” and “Sneaky Pete” scribe Ben Cavell, who will write and exec produce. Chris Chulack is exec producer and director, with Sarah Timberman and Carl Beverly also exec producing for CBS Television Studios.

Think his addition probably increases the chance of it being picked up. I'll definitely watch with him in it.

CBS taking another crack at a special forces related series. The Unit being the other. I'll watch.

History channel just did a show that sounds a bit like this called Six.

David Boreanaz To Topline CBS’ Navy SEAL Drama Pilot

As Bones is heading into its series finale next week, star David Boreanaz has been tapped as the lead of CBS’ Navy SEAL drama pilot. Boreanaz replaces Jim Caviezel, who was cast in the role last week. Cavizel, who has a long history with CBS as the star of the long-running crime drama series Person of Interest, has parted ways with the network and the Navy SEAL pilot’s producer CBS TV Studios over creative differences.

That's too bad. Was really hoping to get Caviezel back on TV, especially one which would have seemed to fit Caviezel's past work on both POI and GI Jane.

Well that really lessens my interest. Boreanaz is good, but Jim Caviezel in the role would have somewhat filled the gap left by POI.

hmm that's two navy seal show I been watching the show six on the history channel . there seem to be a weird push for it. but ,I under stand it.

hopefully these guys are more likeable characters . the ones in six I this feeling of wanting to punch some of them . cause the problem's they were goinging through were their own fault and them not admitting it made it worse. With the exception of the one that captured rip turner and just one other on the team that was there when their problem's that began was honest . the new members didn't know what went down but became annoying with their assumptions. but that guy called bear at times got on my nerves with his denial .

so I hope this series has more likable navy seal team members. that aren't screwing thing's up abroad with their actions and they go into denial.

Last edited:
hmm that's two navy seal show I been watching the show six on the history channel . there seem to be a weird push for it. but ,I under stand it.

hopefully these guys are more likeable characters . the ones in six I this feeling of wanting to punch some of them . cause the problem's they were goinging through were their own fault and them not admitting it made it worse. With the exception of the one that captured rip turner and just one other on the team that was there when their problem's that began was honest . the new members didn't know what went down but became annoying with their assumptions. but that guy called bear at times got on my nerves with his denial .

so I hope this series has more likable navy seal team members. that aren't screwing thing's up abroad with their actions and they go into denial.
If this show can be more like The Unit than Six, then I think it'll be fine.

If this show can be more like The Unit than Six, then I think it'll be fine.
I hope so I also wounder since there two other navy seal on show's like Hawaii 5'0 and NCIS LA.

I wonder if they are gonna make the lead character of this show some how know' both Sam hanna and Magarit since those two know each other cause they were in the same unit at one point. before sam left and partially entered into espionage world and became fed after meeting his wife and Magarit became a police task force head . We'll have to see if their in the same universe but I'm expecting this series to be more serious then those shows

Seal Team picked up to series.

Also can one of the mods change the thread title since David Boreanaz is now in the lead.

[YT]wKMPAOGIA7I[/YT]

Looks a bit different to CBS other military shows, less shiny and a bit grittier, could be decent.

Yeah this along with The Brave and The Crossing are the only upcoming new series that have caught my attention

Looks really good. Reminds me of The Unit, which I really enjoyed when it was on. With it being on at 9 PM on Wednesday, I now have something else I can finally ditch Modern Family for.

Last edited:
He's a pretty good actor. I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a teenager, and S.M.G. was hot back then. Angel the spin off, was okay, but I didn't care much for it, but Doyle was cool.

I used to get the VHS 'Buffy' box sets from Forbidden Planet at the South Bridge branch in Edinburgh.

Here he is in Best of the Best II (1993 film) but don't blink. That huge hair is like a mop! :sly:

[YT]xdbfrj46yao[/YT]

awesome trailer but i predict it will be get canselled very fast

He's a pretty good actor. I loved Buffy the Vampire Slayer as a teenager, and S.M.G. was hot back then. Angel the spin off, was okay, but I didn't care much for it, but Doyle was cool.

I used to get the VHS 'Buffy' box sets from Forbidden Planet at the South Bridge branch in Edinburgh.

Here he is in Best of the Best II (1993 film) but don't blink. That huge hair is like a mop! :sly:

[YT]xdbfrj46yao[/YT]

Surprised you didn't mention his 12 seasons as FBI Special Agent Seeley Booth on "Bones".

I have seen Boreanaz compelling once.

tumblr_n6ie9dVtWf1rrahy7o1_500.gif

I've never watched Bones. I usually don't watch many TV shows, though. I do like zombie ones. Z Nation and The Walking Dead. Etc.

I've never watched Bones. I usually don't watch many TV shows, though. I do like zombie ones. Z Nation and The Walking Dead. Etc.

Most likely he will be a lot more Seeley Booth in SEAL Team than he will be Angel though. Especially considering Seeley Booth was an Army Sniper in the 75th Ranger Regiment and trained with Delta Force before he joined the FBI.

Anyone watch this? I'm watching now. It doesn't seem terribly interesting so far. It's a little bit like the Unit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"