David Fincher’s “The Killer” (Fassbender)

Was shocked to learn recently that she’s 60.

She’s got this vampiric quality about her, I really wasn’t sure she actually had an age.
*looks at picture*

Yeah checks out.

So, apparently this has started filming November 1st in Paris, despite The Playlist saying it was to be delayed for next year.

It has begun. Fassy on set:

50014639-10161665-image-a-211_1635957636350.jpg

So this comes November 10 according to Netflix.

We’re really gonna have to make the most of that week and a half after this gets released before the film gets wiped from our collective memories and the overall conversation.

David Fincher’s ‘The Killer’ “Stuns” Netflix in Secret Screening — World of Reel

Of course, I confess, the following reaction is from a reader who works at Netflix, so they might just be using me to launch strong word-of-mouth in what will be an inevitable Oscar campaign for this one.

This screening of “The Killer” still has people talking here. It’s an ice cold thriller that has atmospheric dread all over it. It’s a return to the thriller genre for Fincher. There are neo-noir elements, very graphic violence but it’s also very entertaining. What struck me most was the psychological aspect of the movie, Fassbender’s character is slowly losing his mind and you’re just sucked in his head and never get out of it. He’s a morally deficient assassin, a professional killer. It’s fascinating how he plans his strikes and how he moves around, it actually reminded me of “The American” with George Clooney. I don’t think Fincher has ever made a movie like this before. It’s his most “arthouse” thing to date and still a very fierce statement that is very accessible given how fascinating the lead character is.

As far as I know, Netflix hasn’t made a decision yet as to whether or not “The Killer” will go to Venice, they’re keeping it a very closely-guarded secret. I wouldn’t be surprised if they keep it hidden until the New York Film Festival in October.

I’m sad that I haven’t been able to watch a David Fincher movie in a theatre in almost a decade.

I hope other studios - AppleTV+? - might offer him future deals so we can get the best of both worlds.

These ****ers aren't going to release it in theaters near me I bet. :o

That poster tho.

Sex-Robot-the-whitest-kids-u-know-18070670-320-240.gif

That's a good question, what's the furthest you had to drive to see a movie?

I think for me it was like an hour+.

Fassy looks like he’s cosplaying as late 90s Liam Gallagher in that getup. :funny:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"