David Koepp in Talks for Spider-Man 4!

Discussion in 'Spider-Man Sequels' started by Gonking, Jan 20, 2007.

1. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

I don't see Ultimate anywhere in movie Venom.

2. Road Warrior Registered

Isn't ultimate Eddie Brock a skinny kid unlike the regular one who's muscle-bound?

3. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Movie Eddie may be smaller than Classic Eddie, but if the Symbiote's from space and Eddie's a journalist with a hatred for Spidey, then he's pretty much just a stripped down Classic version of the character. There are no real Ultimate traits there.

4. Road Warrior Registered

^ Oh okay. I just remember people saying it would be Ultimate Venom because of Topher Grace's casting. People (including myself) expected some big dude with a New York accent.

5. Catman Registered

Topher Grace looks like Ultimate Eddie Brock.

6. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Already answered. :hyper:

7. The Joker The Clown Prince of Crime

No he doesn't. Ultimate Eddie Brock is like 18 years old, and has freckles and a goatee.

8. Catman Registered

9. Catman Registered

body-wise

10. DyeLorean will return

Oh *****!! You're right!!!!!!!!!! :woot::woot::woot: Perfect choice!!!!!

I want to see Rhino smashing everything.

D!

11. Cmill216 Senior Case Officer

Topher may not be as big as Classic Eddie Brock, but that doesn't mean that Eddie/Venom is a combination of Ultimate and Classic. There's nothing there to indicate that Sam and Co. even considered Ultimate Eddie/Venom when crafting this version of the character.

12. Shifty Chief of Surgery

Just calling him Eddie Brock Jr., having him closer to Pete's age and not being bulked up.

If Electro was ever used, I hope they would use a look similiar to Bagley's design. Electro should be the most powerful foe but don't make it personal like the previous ones and have Max rape MJ or Aunt May.

13. Venom 1988 formerly Ultimate_Venom

Agreed. If Ben Kingsley could do that god awful BloodRayne movie, I dont see why he wouldnt play as the Vulture in a Spidey sequel.

14. Catman Registered

Exactly.

Aunt May? Yuck. MJ would make more sense or Gwen.

15. Advanced Dark Registered

</H1>
    Source: Variety

Note: 2009 or 2010 release date for Spidey!

16. Catman Registered

^ Fantastic.

17. NewYorkSpider EndGame

I think two villians you may see in SM4.

The Lizard
    Balck Cat

Would love to see Doc Ock return.

18. DACrowe Registered

Well it means SM4 is definetly happening.

It also means, at least I think, Raimi may not be back. Has anyone read either Koepp draft for SM1? I only read the first draft and it was rubbish. The second one was rewritten by Scott Rosenberg, Michael Chabon and then twice by Alvin Sargent.

Koepp did not write the second movie. The version used was ultimately Sargaent and Raimi reworking from the ground up a draft by the Smallville writers. And SM3 was just Sam and his bro. making a story and Sargent turning it into a screenplay.

Now they're going back to Koepp (who I thought wrote SM terribly and the reason 1 is so much more studio-slick and campy comes from his drafts I believe) which is a meh moment to me.

But it is only to put pressure on Raimi I think, but also I think it is a good sign Raimi is done with the series, as director anyways.

19. Visionary Registered

Raimi ain't done, people who say this are those who want him gone. How many times does the man have to say, he'd like to direct them all?

20. Keymaker Registered

Sam should definitely produce if he's not directing.

21. Visionary Registered

Oh, he will produce if he isn't directing. Personally, I don't think any director should direct more than 3 comic book movies, period. But that's just me. :dry:

22. Spider-Fan SHHFFL 2014/2019 Champion

I figured SM4 would happen. Sergeant seams to be Raimi's guy, so the studio going to Koepp could be a bad sign as far as Raimi coming back is concerned. It will be interesting to hear about the development of this movie. I thought it would happen, but the fact they are starting this quickly surprises me. SM3 must be really good. Also, 2009 for a release is fine with me, as long as everyone comes back. 2010 if they have to recast.

The Lizard should be one of the villains in this movie.

23. Catman Registered

Raimi likes Koepp. So, I'm sure he wouldn't have a problem working with him. Secondly, Raimi won't be gone. If he doesn't direct he'll definitly produce. I'm ALMOST certain of that.

24. Road Warrior Registered

First drafts usually suck. Even Sam Hamm's first draft of 1989's Batman was weakened by Robin being forced into the story.

People hate Koepp just to hate him. The guy is a good writer. Look at everything he's written. There's very few writers working in Hollywood today that have a resume that impressive.

Also, how much did Rosenberg, Chabon, and Sargent change from the original draft? Probably not much since none of them got credit by the WGA. I'll admit that I've only read a little bit of Koepp's first draft and it's not THAT much different from what we got. They basically dropped a villain and changed some things around, but it was nothing drastic. Koepp's intensions are still in the final product.

25. Visionary Registered

David Koepp and Alvin Sargent working together, they'll come up with something damn good for the fourth film. After SM3, they'll be forced to try and out do it, even if they don't, it'll be on their mind to do so. I'm not worried at all, actually, I'm looking forward to it. :cool: